Shadow Lake Lodge
Shadow Lake Lodge is a privately-owned lakefront property that's been held by the same family for generations. The current owner, Jack Stanton, and his daughter Veronica, are the latest part of the family to run and maintain the lodge, which has been a family tradition since 1930. Jack's wife, Michelle, had suffered complications during the birth of their daughter, and had not been able to recover, leaving Jack and Veronica to run the resort themselves. As time went on, Jack eventually healed from the loss of his wife, and loves his daughter deeply. Jack's intention is to maintain the place as a constant stream of income to fund Veronica through her college career, if she'd want it.
The Lodge, a quiet and unassuming-looking place, offers time-share residents and periodic rental visitors the chance to unwind, be at ease, and leave the troubles of the world behind. There is no internet, only one hard-line phone, and no cell connections. In emergencies, the Lodge is equipped to provide for all tenants for roughly two weeks, with feeds from solar-panels on the roof of the main building, and supplemented by several gas generators, as needed. Each cabin has a direct feed from power and heat sources (natural gas), and all are a short walk from the main building, which houses the majority of the stored foodstuffs and water.
There are seven log homes, built in a half circle pattern around a beautiful lake. The site is surrounded by mountains and forest in which there is wolves, bears and deer. The lake has crystal clear water, warm enough for a good swim during the summer. Fishing is allowed all year long, with a cap of three fish per person per visit. The area is really calm, no motor boat are allowed on the lake. There is no light on the gravel road so nights get really dark. The only thing that is visible from the main road is a part of the main log cabin. The rest is all hidden by a rather dense forest.
The entrance to the site is from a gravel road and leads directly to the main log home, one that is about twice as big as the other ones. On the main floor is a small office for the administration, and a wide open space with a pool table, a dart board, several table for card and board games, and even some old style arcade machines in a corner. It also has a small store in a space enclosed by half-walls for fishing and hunting supplies, as well as the usual sunscreen, bug repellent, candies and snacks and souvenirs.
The second floor, built only over the office and store (about 1/3 of the whole surface, leaving the rest all open and the beams of the sloped roof are all visible), is a small kitchen and sitting area for about twenty people. It serves decent home-style food during meal hours, but coffee and snacks are available all day from 5am to midnight. On the lake side, there is a large patio with tables, lounging chairs and swings and a hot tub. Off to the side is a sauna.
Character Sheets (OOC)Log Home 1Log home 2Log home 3Log home 4Log home 5Log home 6OutsideMain log home Owner's private home
- All characters must be over 21, as the site is forbidden to minor
- Nudity and sex are accepted everywhere on site, except in the main log home and the road beyond it.
- Must be consensual. If something N/C happens, the character will be banned from the resort.
- Be respectful. Request before joining people already in action.
- Make a reservation, otherwise, you might end up sharing or being simply turned back if everything is full and no one wants to share.
- Renting without sharing costs more, so when you make a reservation, indicate if you mind sharing or not (it isn't a guarantee that you will)
- This is not smut only, even if it could get smut heavy.
- 2 paragraphs minimum. No one-liner ever
- Indicate when you leave a thread for another one (Ex. : Continued in log home 1)
- Every 6 RL weeks, the IC weekend date will change.
- Every 4 RL weeks after the beginning of the last IC weekend, the GM will make a call for reservations for the next weekend.
- If you have a plot and need to be sharing a cabin with someone because of the administration, state so in the reservation.
- May have more than 1 character, but no more than 2 with a reservation, unless there is space left.
- There will be events. Not every weekend. (Snowed in, Fireworks, fishing competition, etc.)
- Threads will be somewhere where N/C is not acceptable, please respect it.
- Modern setting, humans only, no magic/supernatural
Should rules be broken, please contact your GM (Robelwell202
) or Co-GM( Aysande
) rather than using the OOC thread to bring it up.
Image 150px width, 200 or 225 px heightPlayer name:Character name:Age:Profession:Orientation:Marital status:
(if married, with whom)Description:
(A paragraph)Ons & Offs:
(Written or link)Fantasy:
(Something the character would like to try)Short bio:
[floatleft][img padding=5 width=150]IMAGE URL[/img][/floatleft]
[b]Ons & Offs:[/b]
The image must be 150px by 200px or 225px. If you need a resize, ask Aysande. She will resize it and upload it on the wiki, then provide you with a link. Character name
: Your characterWho:
For who are you writing. If it's anyone can join, write OPENWhere:
Where are you in the area covered by the thread? When:
Date, moment of the day (morning, lunch, afternoon etc.)
Your text here
[floatleft][img padding=5]IMAGE URL[/img][/floatleft]