"Doctor" James CaldwellAge:
28Place of Birth:
Lab in an unknown locationFamily:
None - Cloned from Mr Sinister's DNAPosition at School:
Staff (School/Team Physician)Appearance:
James' initial appearance was similar to that of his progenitor, with pale skin and red eyes. After sufficient practice, he was able to alter this, making him a more healthy and athletic-looking person. Eye, and sometimes hair colors are prone to changes on a whim. Typically, he appears as a six foot male with broad shoulders and pronounced muscles, dark green eyes, dark brown hair, and a bit of stubble lining his jaw.Powers:
Cellular and genetic manipulation, with a variety of practical applications.Healing
- James primarily uses his powers for repairing, regenerating, and otherwise healing himself or others. This ranges from cuts and scrapes to debilitating diseases.Harming
- A distasteful ability that he rarely uses, James can use his powers to inflict all sorts of damage, from blood clots to organ failure with enough time and concentration. His 'do no harm' attitude prevents him from using this except in the most dire of circumstances.Aging
- Since he can control the rate of growth or decay of his own cellular structure, James chooses not to age past his physical prime.Physical Alteration
- By controlling his own genes, James is able to alter his physical appearance, from muscle mass to hair color. With enough time and concentration (and physical contact), he can induce these chances in others.Weaknesses:
While healing something as simple as a cut or scrape can be done in little time with little effort, removing poisons and diseases, or altering genetic code requires extended periods of physical contact with the target, as well as intense concentration. Additionally, all physical alterations and attempts at healing are very draining, leaving him requiring a great deal more food than a normal person his size might consume to recover his strength.
Also, he doesn't like computers or electronic gadgets. (He says they don't cooperate with him)Skills:Medicine
- While circumstances prevented him from getting a real medical degree, he has intensely studied chemistry, anatomy, genetics and medicine to further his healing abilities.Hand-to-Hand Combat
- Another distasteful byproduct of an unpleasant upbringing, James has learned to throw (and take) a punch, and has studied several martial arts at an intermediate level.Piloting
- A good driver, and fairly passable pilot of aircraft.Backstory:
James was created by one of the great (if not necessarily good) Mutant minds of the age. Cloned from the DNA of Sinister, he was supposed to have been the "Ultimate Mutant", as many of his other brothers and sisters were supposed to be. Like them, James was imperfect, failing to take on many of the abilities that were supposed to have been encoded in to his DNA. He did, however, share some of the powers of his progenitor. Because of this, Sinister kept him around for a short while to see how far he could grow, if he could be a worth successor. It didn't take long, however, to prove that James would never have the power his progenitor wished him to have, so he was disposed of, tossed out with the trash. Fortunately, his abilities had already begun to work on a passive level, and he survived the lethal injection, fleeing from the laboratory.
He eventually found his way to a small town, lost, nameless, with little knowledge of the outside world, where he was taken in by a kindly older pastor and his wife, who named him and began to raise him as their child. They discovered his gift for healing after several years, when his adoptive father was injured in a car accident, and James repaired the damage almost instantly. Declaring it a miracle, his adoptive parents touted him as a divine healer, touched by God. Their congregation grew, and people came from all over to be healed, and to see these miracles performed. James learned to enjoy helping people even if the praise, adoration and near worship made him uncomfortable. It was a good few years, however. Sadly, it came to an end when paranoia and fear of mutants began to grow, and his true nature as a mutant was revealed. Abandoned quickly and driven out of town, he was left with no family once again.
For years, he wandered from place to place, avoiding being picked up by the authorities, taking work where he could get it. He never lost his desire to use his abilities to help people, and he studied fervently at every opportunity, practicing with his powers and doing his best to grow stronger. He worked in clinics, veterinary offices, and even went overseas several times to lend aid to foreign countries and people in need. Time after time, though, his past caught up with him and he was forced to move on. When he eventually discovered the X-Men (or rather, they discovered him), he realized he had finally come to a place where he could put his abilities to work without needing to hide them. Since then, he has become a valued staff and team member, tending to his students, other teachers, and anyone else that comes looking for help.
Good-natured and relaxed, he is always willing to lend a hand with a smile and joke.Turn-Ons:
Being a connoisseur of genetics, he appreciates all aspects of the female body. Generally open to experimentation.Turn-Offs:
Anything belonging in a toilet.
Hope this is all okay. Had to make some assumptions in the background, so let me know if anything conflicts and I'll redo it.