26Place of Birth:
Seoul, South KoreaFamily:
None living, distant relatives still in South KoreaPosition at School:
College level math Math and high school physics teacher, pursuing a PHD in physics.Appearance:
(let me know if you'd like it resized)Powers: Breathing Underwater
- Alex can breathe in both air and water, and additionally needs only very little oxygen to survive in the first place. He can hold one breath of normal air for about forty minutes before needing to take another. This allows him to function well in low oxygen environments of all kinds. Of course, he would be even better at it if he didn't smoke.Enhanced Swimming
- Alex can swim as fast as a dolphin or fish, with top speeds of about 50 miles per hour. He can be very agile, but loses that agility and sharp turning ability at his highest speeds. While typically Alex does move in order to swim, the source of his speed and power actually seems to be from a mild form of hydrokinesis, so he can actually move through water without the use of his limbs or body for propulsion, much like a torpedo. He is not able to use this mild hydrokenisis for any other purpose however.Malleability
- While naturally Alex feels no different from any other human, he can, with concentration become malleable and shape and compress his body, like an octopus, and fit through incredibly small spaces. This leaves him more vulnerable to bruising and bludgeoning in general, as his muscles and bones are not as solid and sturdy as a regular human's in general. Mild Regeneration
- Alex certainly doesn't have the kind of regeneration that benefits mutants like Logan, rather, it's a more realistic regeneration. His wounds heal slightly
faster than normal, but they often scar or heal improperly due to the speed of it. He can regenerate limbs, but it takes months and they would likely be smaller and less functional than the first. Think starfish, though he would not be able to regenerate his brain by any means, and mortal wounds are still going to be mortal unless he gets proper care. It certainly hasn't helped him heal the limp he has from a long time hip injury.Venomous tentacles
- On the side of either hip, Alex has a mass of long thin, and sometimes decorative tentacles (much like jellyfish) that hang off of him. He cannot move them as they have no muscles, but they are incredibly venomous. Analysis shows that his venom is chemically similar to the neurotoxin of the box jellyfish, which can kill at the jellyfish's small size so at Alex's size it's almost completely fatal to any living creature who touches it. Thankfully, Alex can suppress the automatic poisoning by the tentacles very easily, but you definitely don't want to sneak up on him and grab them or touch them while he is asleep and cannot stop the automatic response. In times where he must work closely with someone, he merely cuts them off and it can take up to two or three weeks for them to regain their former length through his regeneration. Also, anything thicker than bare skin will likely be thick enough stop the nematocysts on the outside of the tentacles. Alex is immune to his own poison.Skills: Math Savant
- Alex has an incredible in-born ability to do math. He can do huge and complex calculations in his head with incredible speed, and has an intuitive feel for math that allows him to mow down most problems. He had his first PHD in math at the age of 19 and is currently working on a PHD for theoretical physics, a field that's more challenging to him conceptually but allows him to apply his love and skill for math.Physics expert
- While he doesn't have the natural talent for physics as he does math, he's educated himself thoroughly on it and is a fast upcoming expert in the field.Intelligent
- Alex has a natural intelligence and is really quite good with creative problem solving.Gambling
- It's a weakness of Alex and he tries to stay away from it but he actually enjoys poker and games of chance quite a bit, and is skilled enough to at least not lose money at casinos when he chooses to go.Good Memory
- While not quite photographic, Alex has an amazing recall ability.Writing
- He hasn't published anything, but Alex keeps meticulous journals and writes quite a bit in his free time. He's not the as good at creative writing as he is at academic writing and non-fiction.Backstory:
Alex was born in Seoul in South Korea, to a regular human mother and a father with a very slight mutation. Unfortunately, his physical mutation was evident since birth, and he was born with pale white, almost iridescent skin, and pointed ears. He was branded since birth as a mutant, and so his parents feared for his safety. The decided to flee the country, as the mutant rights movement in South Korea varied between non-existant and mortally persecuted. They managed to escape to America when Alex was about two years old, and they replaced his traditional Korean name with the much more Americanized "Alexander."
Of course, Alex doesn't remember any of this. He has only very vague memories of his parents, not much more than shadows and impressions that are far faded. His parents actually died when he was about four. He is not sure why, but the fact is that their deaths coincided with the finished development of his tentacles, both the harmless ones on his head and the deadly ones on his hips. Either way, Alex ended up as one of the many mutant children on the streets, (though he never ran into the Morlocks.) It was during this time that he tried to cut out the poisonous tentacles on one of his hips, but as he was a child he gouged too deeply. This is where his ill-healed hip injury comes from. However, things turned around when he was eight; He was found and entered into the safe haven of the school. He was a surprisingly fast learner, and though initially he lagged he quickly caught up, and due to his skill in math gained his PHD at the young age of 19. He's a voracious intellectual, and appreciates and values learning deeply due to his disadvantaged youth.
The Institute was his home, and he chose to remain there as he pursued his second PHD, eventually consenting to teaching to fill his time and help contribute to the school.Turn-Ons:
He does like a little bit of rough play, but is rather inexperienced for his age and is open minded, intelligence is a big turn on for him and he doesn't mind a bit of muscle.Turn-Offs:
When things get too
rough and painful, especially given the ease at which he bruises, generally interacting with body fluids and excretions besides the expected ones, lack of intelligence, pettiness or shallowness.Extra Details:
Alex has a somewhat prominent limp and uses a cane when he has to remain standing for long periods of time or walk long distances. He's capable of walking and even running without it but it is painful for him. His grasp for math and physics doesn't really extend to the arts or in sociability so he can be somewhat awkward in social situations. He is also a smoker.