You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 10:10:02 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Photo Editing  (Read 427 times)

Offline SerephinoTopic starter

Photo Editing
« on: September 16, 2012, 03:58:31 PM »
I have a really nice picture that has all this text in the way.  How do I get rid of it?

Offline NileGoddess

Re: Photo Editing
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 04:22:03 PM »
Hm, that might be difficult. If it's just a regular image, you'd have to delete the part of the picture that has text. The text is actually a part of the picture, unless it were to be some kind of photoshop file that has the text and image stored as separate layers.

Offline Oreo

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 04:38:32 PM »
You can run a search with TinEye - http://www.tineye.com/ and see if there is a picture without the writing.

Offline NileGoddess

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 05:20:28 PM »
You can run a search with TinEye - http://www.tineye.com/ and see if there is a picture without the writing.

That would be a good suggestion. Unless the original picture has the text. Though it sounds like that was edited and then uploaded like that. In addition to Tineye, google images now has a similar function where you can upload a pic from your computer or paste a url.

Offline Aadreal

• ~Tasty Evil~The Sweet Succubus~Naughty Witchfinder of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo~
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Taking a break from E.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 08:53:38 AM »
If you can't find the image without text you'll have to resort to photo manipulation. I use GIMP which os free, you can also use Photoshop and I'm sure there are otuer programs out there.  You'll likely want to use Clone or Rubber Stamp tool. If you can't find the pic without text and really want to use it, I'd be happy to try and fix it for you. Might take me a couple of days though, based on how many rp's I need to reply to.

Offline SerephinoTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 01:44:00 AM »
Yay, found a version without the text, thanks!

Offline Oreo

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 03:26:01 PM »
Awesome Serephino!! Was it with Tineye?

Offline AnimalPlayer

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 08:01:52 PM »
I dabble a little in photoshop here and there.. if you ever want me to I will try and alter a photo for you.