You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 08:16:09 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Will Malware Bytes and Windows Security Essential run on the same computer?  (Read 642 times)

Offline WolfyTopic starter

You know, without any conflicts?

Offline Sarena

I'm not 100% sure, but if I recall correctly, you're supposed to uninstall your spyware stuff before installing MSE.  Microsoft Security Essentials acts as an antivirus and antispyware program, so the other is not needed and might cause conflicts. 

Offline Geraint

• Propigator of Plot Bunnies, RomanceCrack Dealer and Sireneous Wayword Muse Also Accused Plot Demon Breeder of Plotweilers ...
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • "There's no rush...but I can't wait."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
They run very well together, and with Ad-Aware as well, on my my 64 bit Windows 7 system. (which came with MSE installed).

Offline Sarena

Yeah, just went and did some digging.  The two programs do not work and play well together on Windows XP; however, they run well together on Vista and 7.  So you shouldn't have any problems, Wolfy!

Source:  http://www.computercourage.com/antivirus/make-malwarebytes-and-microsoft-security-essentials-play-well-together-in-windows-xp/

Offline WolfyTopic starter

Yeah. I had Nortons, but I uninstalled it and installed MSE and it's been working well. I just want to get Malware bytes for an extra layer.

Online Oreo

I have Win7 64bit working quite well with Kapersky, MalwareBytes, and Spybot. ^^ I like using the second two to make sure Kapersky has nabbed everything. So far, nothing has made it past my Big Green 'K' machine.