You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 03:51:13 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Introduction boards  (Read 339 times)

Offline antechTopic starter

Introduction boards
« on: February 17, 2012, 09:57:44 PM »
I think this was the place for suggestions, but if I'm in the wrong place please move me until I'm where I need to be =)

Now, I'm new to RP and I'd like to try both system and more free-form RPs, but the only thread I found where someone seemed to be offering introductions to system games was exceptionally confusing.

So I was wondering if we could have a board or a sub-board for requesting lessons in system RP? That way the people who are available and of the disposition to teach can come and collect us instead of having new people joining and others volunteering to teach in the same thread. Anyone wanting lessons or intro games in a particular system can just say so and get invited by GMs running that system; and people who want to learn any can make it known that they want to learn.

If something like this already exists then could you point me that way please? =)

Offline Caeli

Re: Introduction boards
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 10:03:36 PM »
We have a new GM's Corner; it sounds like it would be an appropriate place for such a request. :-) You can make a post in the Lounge asking about creating such a tutorial/teaching thread, or PM alxnjsh to work out how best to reach out to the community for an introductory game.

Offline antechTopic starter

Re: Introduction boards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 10:13:20 PM »
Thank you - it was the GM lounge that led me to the confusing thread, but I'll get on to axlnjsh =)

Thanks again