You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 06:23:46 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Who's going to play SW: TOR?  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Chris Brady

Re: Who's going to play SW: TOR?
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2011, 10:19:22 PM »
Xanatos, the problem with your logic is how to put it into a game and make it fun for everyone, especially those who don't like Jedi (which would not be me, I like the Jedi.)  For the most part, I agree with most of that spoiler block.

Offline meikle

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2011, 10:49:55 PM »
Throwing people around with the Force is a pretty easy way to set yourself on the course to the Dark Side.

You'll notice that Jedi basically never use the force offensively (edit: against living things), and there's a reason for that.  Luke does once -- when he's flirting with the Dark Side.

And I think it's for the best that we see less overt Force in the movies; the biggest thing the EU gets wrong is using the Force as a wizard's spellbook, imho.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:54:23 PM by meikle »

Offline Silverfyre

• Mr. Fyre, or if you're slightly more daring, oh Silver my Silver.
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Once more, with gusto.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2011, 11:27:26 PM »
I don't know about that.  I've seen a lot of Force shoving by Jedi on living things going on in a certain set of prequels that shall not be named least they tempt Lucas into remaking the originals... again.

But it was hardly to kill for the most part.  I just want to be able to role play a Jedi; it seems like an interesting challenge.  Any word on the RP servers in SW:TOR?

Offline Brandon

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2011, 11:43:32 PM »
I remember seeing an interview that was a couple years old so it may be out of date but a bioware employee mentioned that they planned to have Normal, PVP, RPPVP, and RP servers. If memory serves I also recall someone from bioware stating that they were going to launch with 16 different servers

Offline meikle

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 11:48:09 PM »
gdi, Yoda.

Offline fancyfictions

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 11:51:29 PM »
I'm all preordered and ready to go. I've been waiting for this game for a couple of years now and I'm excited to jump right in and play.