You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 12:16:09 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Suggestion!  (Read 535 times)

Offline AnyalyssTopic starter

Suggestion!
« on: October 16, 2011, 04:05:37 PM »
Hi!

I just remembered that lately some sites on the net (in my case I noticed it on my EA/origin account and other game accounts) are using this www.gravatar.com

Basically you upload your avatars there, set one as predefined and then you forget about setting each one individually on every website that you visit. It's pretty nifty for the user. I'm terrible with techy stuff but maybe it could be implemented! Veks? someone? If not it's okay, it's only an idea!

Offline Caeli

Re: Suggestion!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 04:16:51 PM »
I actually like that Elliquiy doesn't force me to link anything across my social media / online applications and accounts. Obviously, you only release as much information as you want on Gravatar's site, so it's not really the sharing of information that's the big deal, but I keep my Elliquiy profile/persona completely separate from the rest of my online accounts. Even had we the option of using a gravatar, I would prefer to upload my own image rather than use the gravatar I use for my personal blogs.

Plus, I like the dimensions of our avatars. :)

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 05:11:43 PM »
Gravatar basically tells everyone who you've given your e-mail address to where you've been. At Elliquiy, that really isn't a feature : /

Offline AnyalyssTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 05:32:42 PM »
Ohh, I didn't really think about the privacy point of view, well it's okay :-)

And yeah I also found myself trying to choose the perfect square part of my current E avatar. After wasting five minutes on it I chose the one that the site suggested at first and went with it  *giggles*

Offline alxnjsh

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 05:39:53 PM »
On the same topic of marketing/outreach...I was at a literary event today with writers and would have liked to have something simple to drop on the table there. Perhaps a QR code or something catchy like that?

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 05:45:40 PM »
Elliquiy doesn't use www, so it would be:

Offline alxnjsh

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 05:50:09 PM »
Thanks ;)

Offline jouzinka

• Elf Guardian of the Blind Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken. Law, Hr nn, dollen i Rw
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • The E mantra: Sip, swallow, scroll, sip, swallow..
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 05:54:38 PM »
Thank you, alx & Veks, for uncovering something completely new to me. :-)