You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 23, 2016, 10:30:59 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Certainly uncertain  (Read 846 times)

Offline AthosTopic starter

Certainly uncertain
« on: October 14, 2011, 01:43:58 PM »
When I was a kid, I felt like I had all the answers. Things were just so simple. Life was like a television show; all the worldís problems could be solved in just a half an hour including commercials. I could never understand why people made things so complicated. The solution to lifeís problems always seemed to be in plain sight. I was so sure of myself then, so sure that I knew how to save the world. So sure that if they just listened to me they would all see, but nobody ever seemed to listen. I was just a dumb kid who didnít know how and why the world worked.  As I grew, I did my best to embody my certainties. I lived the way I kept telling people they should: confident in the knowledge that I had someone stumbled on the perfect formula for life. Things went well, until they didnít and everything came together until it fell apart. I moved forward until I fell flat on my ass. Then the certainty washed away and I was suddenly thrust into the real world. A place where two plus two sometimes equals five. Where people say one thing and do another. Where you could make all the right choices and still fail. When I was a kid, I knew it all and talked about it constantly. But no matter how much I talked, nobody listened. Now Iím quiet more often than not, but when I do talk people listen more than they ever have before.