You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 08:52:18 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Original thought  (Read 1324 times)

Offline AthosTopic starter

Original thought
« on: July 07, 2011, 12:45:28 AM »
I neither believe, nor care, whether my opinions are original thought or not. It is my belief that original thought does not exist in any form. Its kind of like rule thirty-four for life. If you can think of it, not only has it already been thought of, but its also been perverted. What does this mean then? Can thought that is not original still be valid? Can you be brave or courageous or decent for standing up for ideas that are not entirely your own? Absolutely. While most of life is covered in shades of grey, there are things that are wrong and things that are right. As human beings it is our responsibility to stand for truth, kindness, compassion and integrity.

Offline JadenMystic

• You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth. ― William W. Purkey
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • Location: The state dedicated to Horse Racing and Bourbon Baby!!!!!
  • Be strong, and give it your all!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Original thought
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:57:07 AM »
I don't think I could have said that better myself, Athos. Very well done. :-)

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 07:02:48 PM »
Thanks so much! :)

Offline TentacleFan

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 07:58:20 AM »
While I do feel there's some merit in trying to do something new I agree with you that doing something good is most important. I would rather follow along with someone else's ideas if they are better than what I'm bringing to the table for the situation. If something is done well even though it's already been done before, that doesn't make it any less well done. 

Offline Eternal Blade

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:55:12 PM »
There is more true about what you said than I can sum up with words, but we should never forget original thought. Thinking of new innovations is something we must all strive for, and we can never forget that. Sure we may end up looking a bit foolish more than once in a while, but trial and error is what life is all about. If we don't try to forge ahead with new innovations and ideas, then future generations will suffer for our lack of attempt.

Though, to quote a wise man, can't remember who he is right now. "There is nothing more amusing, than a young man who has thought of an old idea, and believes it's his own."

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 09:23:20 PM »
Sidney J. Harris, author of the column 'Strictly Personal'

http://www.wisdomquotes.com/topics/arrogance/

Offline Eternal Blade

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 09:39:10 PM »
Sidney J. Harris, author of the column 'Strictly Personal'

http://www.wisdomquotes.com/topics/arrogance/
Why thank you, I knew I had seen it somewhere. It appears I couldn't even remember the quote in it's entirety.

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 08:34:22 PM »
There is more true about what you said than I can sum up with words, but we should never forget original thought. Thinking of new innovations is something we must all strive for, and we can never forget that. Sure we may end up looking a bit foolish more than once in a while, but trial and error is what life is all about. If we don't try to forge ahead with new innovations and ideas, then future generations will suffer for our lack of attempt.

Though, to quote a wise man, can't remember who he is right now. "There is nothing more amusing, than a young man who has thought of an old idea, and believes it's his own."

I agree with you completely. We always have to keep striving to be better than we are. What I was trying to say is that sometimes in this mad scramble for pure unadulterated individualism people throw aside beneficial ideas and concepts simply because they've already been thought of.

Offline Eternal Blade

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 12:30:45 PM »
I agree with you completely. We always have to keep striving to be better than we are. What I was trying to say is that sometimes in this mad scramble for pure unadulterated individualism people throw aside beneficial ideas and concepts simply because they've already been thought of.
Yeah, I see where you're coming from, and I have to agree.