You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 06:47:03 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Rapture or Party Time  (Read 14113 times)

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Rapture or Party Time
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2011, 01:48:54 PM »
Hey, just because my birthday is the day before, means it is reason to feel like it is in the end of the world. A end of the world hangover is nothing like the actual end of the world! Just saying!

You mean those weren't just belated birthday parties? ???

;)

Offline Starlequin

« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2011, 03:34:25 PM »
I spent almost a half hour yesterday talking to an old woman who was extremely disappointed this thing didnt go off. She's my neighbor, and shes really a sweet, kind old woman (who will never, EVER shut up once she starts talking, but cutting her off makes  you feel like you just kicked a puppy, so), and she was letting me borrow her vacuum cleaner. While we were chatting, a news byte came on about this thing and she went on for nearly twenty minutes about how sad it was that it didnt happen (but of course, also beating the whole Matthew reference to death over and over, as so many have by now). Her whole family (and mine too, sadly) believe in a coming rapture, but thankfully none of them actually bought this shit. Still, its really sort of horrifying to be reminded that I'm basically living in a community with a bunch of people who WANT the frickin world to end. And people wonder why i don't like getting out more and want to move...

Offline Star Safyre

• Mrs. Fyre or, if you're slightly more daring, O Captain my Captain.
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2011, 03:54:30 PM »
He must have spilled something over Matthew 24:36... ::)

You beat me to it!   XD

I used this as a teaching moment with a student who brought it up.  "Always, always check your work," I advised.

Offline Lilias

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2011, 03:59:48 PM »
You beat me to it!   XD

I used this as a teaching moment with a student who brought it up.  "Always, always check your work," I advised.

Sometimes, the long, brown and sticky thing is really a stick! ;D