What's in the News 3.0

Started by GloomCookie, September 20, 2023, 02:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

A state bank account has been found in South Carolina with 1.8 Billion dollars in it.  And no one knows where it came from or what it's for.

QuoteAn audit of how the Treasurer’s Office and the Comptroller General’s Office communicate found they don’t do it well.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oniya

Trump sues Truth

The social media network, that is.  He's claiming that the co-founders 'aren't entitled to shares' because of the way they 'mismanaged' the platform, delaying it from going public. Therefore, he wants the courts to strip them of their shares.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Laughing Hyena

This is why you don't get in bed with a snake. 

Missy

Quote from: Oniya on April 03, 2024, 01:31:07 AMTrump sues Truth

The social media network, that is.  He's claiming that the co-founders 'aren't entitled to shares' because of the way they 'mismanaged' the platform, delaying it from going public. Therefore, he wants the courts to strip them of their shares.
The only headline that would be more hilarious is "Donald Trump sues self"

Deamonbane

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi, hardline ally of Khamenei, killed in helicopter crash

Supreme Leader Khamenei, who holds ultimate power with a final say on foreign policy and Iran's nuclear programme, said First Vice President Mohammad Mokhber, would take over as interim president, the official IRNA news agency reported.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Al Terego

Oniya

Quote from: Al Terego on May 20, 2024, 06:44:00 PM... and news agencies were promptly trolled.

Buried at the end of your article - apparently the US is 'to blame' because our government didn't let them import aeronautical parts.  You'd think that if you can't get parts for your 1908 Model T, you'd consider getting a different car.  (Iran even has domestic helicopter production.)

Oniya

Quote from: Oniya on May 20, 2024, 08:12:13 PMBuried at the end of your article - apparently the US is 'to blame' because our government didn't let them import aeronautical parts.  You'd think that if you can't get parts for your 1908 Model T, you'd consider getting a different car.  (Iran even has domestic helicopter production.)

(Additional note - they also have utility helicopters.  That was just the first link that came up.)

Jerram

Quote from: Oniya on May 20, 2024, 08:16:45 PM(Additional note - they also have utility helicopters.  That was just the first link that came up.)
you'd think aircraft that old would have a ready market for parts on the black market.

Callie Del Noire

CyranoDeBergerac

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 30, 2024, 04:28:16 PMhttps://apple.news/AMQZROL6KQsifMinI0d1jvg

Trump found guilty!

Maximum sentence of 4 years per count and/or a fine. Mitigating factors: first time offender, unrepentant.

Callie Del Noire

Al Terego

Sara Nilsson

Hey he won the popular vote finally :)

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: CyranoDeBergerac on May 30, 2024, 06:43:57 PMMaximum sentence of 4 years per count and/or a fine. Mitigating factors: first time offender, unrepentant.
Also non violent offense. My guess is probation, fines. House arrest at the worst. I highly doubt he's getting put in any kind of public prison. VIP privileges and such.

What I would like to happen is for all those of political standing to start distancing and leaving him to his fate to find a new canidate. And for his followers to start snapping out of their cult like trance.  

But that pipe dream seems to be dead. 

Already Bannon and those that would likely either lose power or go down with him are already spinning it as "Guilty of being a Patriot". Jim Jones and Charles Manson would be so proud. 

Oniya

Quote from: CyranoDeBergerac on May 30, 2024, 06:43:57 PMMaximum sentence of 4 years per count and/or a fine. Mitigating factors: first time offender, unrepentant.

Smol point - unrepentant would be an aggravating factor.

I wouldn't be completely against house arrest.  Just remember that Maralago isn't a residence, and 40 Wall St. is still potentially on the table for that fraud judgement.

CyranoDeBergerac

Quote from: Oniya on May 31, 2024, 09:45:48 PMSmol point - unrepentant would be an aggravating factor.

I wouldn't be completely against house arrest.  Just remember that Maralago isn't a residence, and 40 Wall St. is still potentially on the table for that fraud judgement.

Thank you for the correction!