The message was simple. 'Come to Cyrodiil. I have a job for you that pays well.' The mercenaries, obviously, knew that money and danger went hand-in-hand in their trade, and they were willing to take the job. Coming from all over Tamriel were a variety of races, lifestyles, and combatants, who wished to partake in the gold, and the fight.
The mysterious person who tasked them never spoke to them directly, often talking through anonymous heralds who owed him a debt. But he needed something done... and the mercenaries never knew that that something could change their lives...
Forever.A Few Rules
1) Just to get it set down, unless you know a fair bit about the TES universe (playing Oblivion is probably your best bet), you're going to feel very, VERY lost.
2) This RP is set in Cyrodiil, so, naturally, we'll be seeing a lot of the more human races, but, our cast should be as diverse as possible, both in classes and otherwise. I don't want a cast of six Orc barbarians, or six Breton spellcasters.
3) I expect at the very least semi-regular posting. You will be warned if you lag behind.
4) During this RP, I will try to counter-balance combat and free-roam. We are a mercenary party, so, it is to be expected.
5) I want everybody to come from a different area of Tamriel (Black Marsh (native species are Argonians), Skyrim (native species are Nords), Cyrodiil (native species are Imperials), High Rock (native species are Bretons and Orcs), Morrowind (native species are Dark Elves/Dunmer), Summerset Isles (native species are High Elves/Altmer), Hammerfell (native species are Redguard), Elsweyr (native species are Khajiiti) and Valenwood (native species are Wood Elves/Bosmer) are the main provinces). Nobody
is coming from the Shivering Isles, Akavir, Oblivion or anywhere else. And please, no species that are extinct or anything stupid like that...
6) THE YEAR IS 3E 429.
(Third Era, year 429.) Emperor Uriel VII is alive
7) We're mainly aspiring mercenaries, so no suits of full daedric armour. Nobody who's broken from an Imperial jail and killed two battalions of troops on the journey. And, please, please, please, no 'daedric servants'.
will be your best friend if you need filling in on anything TES.The Base Plot
We're mainly going to be alternating between heated combat between us and whoever stands between us, and free-roam. We will, in time, gain a rival mercenary group (fittingly the Black Hawks to our White Eagles) headed by a Redguard and a Nord. Their fate will be revealed later.
We'll move cities after every few missions, but we start in the Imperial City (our base is in the Talos Plaza district).Other Stuff
There will be a single RP thread, and the free-roam will be limited for the most part (in area). The furthest out of the Imperial City I will allow is Weye, and even then, that's a bit far.
Seeing as it's set 4 years before TES:IV, there will be no stupidly drastic changes apart from Kvatch still being around, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
You can control as many NPCs as suits you. During combat, so long as you don't godmod or steal kills (=P), do whatever works.
Equipment change... well... just be realistic. Daedric armour is rare
. Iron armour is cheap
. Put two and two together.Romance/Sex
I honestly don't mind. Do whatever suits you. Romance a team-mate. Romance an NPC (whom you can control). Pay off cheap prostitutes. Hell, rape cheap prostitutes if you want.Province List
Whilst I want one person from each province (somebody to accompany myself from Black Marsh is an exception), they don't necessarily have to be native there. And I want a minimum of three others and a maximum of five. More spots will open later.
Tur'naaka the Argonian Gladiator (KoH) - Black Marsh
(?) - Black Marsh
Orrin the Redguard Predator (Odin) - Hammerfell
Dar'Talasma the Khajiit Thief (CrazyIvan) - Elsweyr
(?) - Valenwood
(?) - Morrowind
(?) - Summerset Isles
Jack Viking the Nord Rekkr (Lost Viking) - Skyrim
Dramic the Argonian Aquatic Avenger (Ironwolf85) - Cyrodiil
Felicity the Breton Mage (Kate) - High RockSign-up Sheet
[b]Name:[/b] Make it correspond to your character's race.
[b]Age:[/b] Pretty much the same for every race, normal humanoid aging.
[b]Race:[/b] Breton, Imperial, Khajiit, Argonian, Orc, High Elf, Dark Elf, Nord, Wood Elf, Redguard. Pick one. Try and get good variety.
[b]Sexual Preference:[/b] Whatever floats your boat. Give a little description.
[b]Class:[/b] Be inventive with the name (should be a single word). Just tell me whether the specialty is Combat, Magic, or Stealth.
[b]Weapon:[/b] Maces, axes, swords, staffs, whatever... just make it so it's not too powerful.
[b]Armor:[/b] Full suit, robes, whatever, again, not too powerful.
[b]Trinkets:[/b] Enchanted? Give some description.
[b]Bio:[/b] Make it as long as you want to, but give some description and history.
[b]Region:[/b] See above.
I'll have mine up ASAP.