You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 06:10:40 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Male vs Female singers, your pick  (Read 998 times)

Offline Acid LipsTopic starter

Male vs Female singers, your pick
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:33:05 AM »
I am a big fan of music like some of you might had figure out. I consider music to be not only a method of releasing stress but a way for you to escape this world and troubles and just be happy sing and even cry. A friend of mine brought a discussion to my attention, male singers vs female singers. We girls have to choose between male or female singers. Who has better voice? who is just better at singing male or female?.

In my opinion Females. Their voices for songs are just perfect to get you in whatever mood you want. The song related to us in a lot of ways, here is one of my favorite songs to inspire me to go on, forget about my past and keep on living, post lyrics or songs that are your favorite and decided MEN VS WOMAN

Mary J. Blige - No More Drama

Online Endorphin

Re: Male vs Female singers, your pick
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 01:06:20 AM »
That really depends a several things, including; the style of music, what mood you're in and the talent of the performer. It could even be split into genres. I usually prefer male voices for most rock music, either for things that are softer and I prefer a female vocalist for songs I listen to in the bedroom.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 01:19:02 AM »
True but not be fooled there are a lot of woman rockers that I think can do it better than any man can

DELIGHT - Divided

Case and point ^^ but I agree a lot of male voices compare to females but they dont fall behind at all I think they can equal males on rock

Offline lenka

• ~Craving all sorts of deliciousness ~
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • No doubt off with the dragonflies
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 09:33:25 AM »
I find I am aways drawn to women....I let loose with the vocals and power out with them..Florence and the Machine!!!!George! so many beauties!

Offline Starfall Smiting Prince

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 09:37:38 AM »
Well in general I do prefer female singers but can't beat having strong vocals in songs like this:
Notre Dame de Paris song 19 Belle

Offline Brian Boru

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 09:43:40 AM »
U2 - With Or Without You

Bono has always had the ultimate voice...I prefer male vocals in most instance, but the right mood and the right voice...for instance...I'm all over the Nora Jones.

Offline DiverseDesires

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 10:20:11 AM »
now that is really weird - reading Acid I was thinking of this:

Mary J. Blige, U2 - One

To be honest I really can't get this question - because it so depends on the song - but in some instances it is so very very clear from my point of view at least.......

so if you had to choose betwen JB and   Alexandra Burke:

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah (Original Studio Version)

Alexandra Burke - Official Single - 'Hallelujah'

Every time for me it's JB - but when I asked question  on 'this or that' the other day - the following member who posted said they chose Alexandra - so each to their own!

Offline JerichoMyers

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 10:21:38 AM »
I've been half and half since my discovery of Lights and Pantera.

Offline Brian Boru

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 10:30:40 AM »
now that is really weird - reading Acid I was thinking of this:

Mary J. Blige, U2 - One

To be honest I really can't get this question - because it so depends on the song - but in some instances it is so very very clear from my point of view at least.......

so if you had to choose betwen JB and   Alexandra Burke:

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah (Original Studio Version)

Alexandra Burke - Official Single - 'Hallelujah'

Every time for me it's JB - but when I asked question  on 'this or that' the other day - the following member who posted said they chose Alexandra - so each to their own!

All very astute observations. I think if I were to have my choice - I'd pick a duet...sometimes stronger on the male vocal, other times stronger female vocals...but but they sound great in harmony ;)

Offline Lilias

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 10:41:28 AM »
Most of my favourite singers, band fronts as well as solos, are female. It must be something about being able to analyse and identify with their range. I love duets too - look at what a massive improvement Seether's 'Broken' was when Amy Lee joined in.

If I had to pick just one favourite voice of all time, it would have to be David Coverdale - he's been turning me to a quivering bunch of hormones for a quarter of a century now. But what is found in my player most of the time is the female-fronted branch of symphonic metal. Specimens to follow.

Nightwish - Sleeping Sun 2005

Epica - Never Enough

Lacuna Coil - Our Truth

Delain - Frozen

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 12:30:39 PM »
Lilias I know the first three the fourth I have no idea who she is, I guess I will hear her and research her hehe thanks.

Offline MasterMischief

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 06:22:03 PM »
Chicks.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy male artists too, but in general, I prefer female singers.

Offline Jason Masters

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 10:52:48 AM »
I also prefer Male artist.

James Blunt - 1973 (live)

James Blunt - 1973 (live)

Bryan Adams - Heaven - Acoustic Live

Byran Adams - Heaven (live)