You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 10:54:00 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Murder on the Elliquiy Express: European Tours: Interest Check/Sign In {FULL}  (Read 2495 times)

Offline PixiliciousTopic starter

The Elliquiy Express was one of the world's most luxurious trains.  Each year, it offered an opportunity for sixteen people to travel the world in unsurpassed opulence with all their wants and needs taken care - even those that they weren't aware of.  This season's voyage will take its passengers throughout a miraculous, once-in-a-lifetime journey throughout the European countryside.  People traveled from all over the world to enjoy the once in a lifetime experience the journey offered.

Aware of the demand, the owners could decide who they invited onboard and, as a result, only the lucky or obscenely rich were lucky enough to board the train each year.  With only four sleeping cars, berths were extremely limited - particularly given the spaciousness of each suite. 

You are one of the lucky few to board this journey.  You may not know it now but it will be one of the most unique trips you will ever experience.  Four of the passengers are pathological murderers picking off the innocent night by night.  Will you survive and even enjoy the trip?

This is a game loosely based on the mafia style of gaming but with unique twists.

Post here or PM me with interest or questions.

Day/Night Cycle

For the sake of being uniform, I've decided that the time given between each day and night cycle will be three days each.  I took into account people's schedules from last time around, and I'm hoping three days will give everyone enough time to get me carriage assignments, and anything else that is needed to make voting decisions, and have interactions.

In general, the game will run on a day/night cycle with the following schedule :

Day

Each day (except for day one), the passengers will decide who amongst them will be forcefully disembarked at the station the train is stopping at that day. 

Will they remove the murderer, the innocent or even one of their protectors?

After the daily stop, passengers will decide which carriage (1, 2, 3, or 4) they are sleeping in that night and will PM this decision to the GM (Pixilicious).  I will be sure to announce both In-Game and OOC when these assignments are due.

Only once all decisions have been made and are final will this information be released in a collated post and the night cycle will begin.

Night

Each night, the GM (Pixilicious) will randomly choose (through a dice roll) which murderer will be active (unless one has been disembarked) and advise them that they have to make a choice of person in their car to kill.

Once that decision has been made and other special roles taken into account, the GM will post the results and the next day cycle will commence. 

Players in the same carriage as the murderer will be informed after the murder victim has been decided and before the day cycle commences.

Special Roles

Passenger
Collectively vote to disembark one passenger each day.

Murderer (x4)
Chooses one passenger to murder each night - which murder occurs is randomly decided by the GM (dice roll).  The murderer may only choose to murder someone who is in the same carriage they are.

Security Guard
Passive.  Their presence will stop any murders happening in the same carriage.

Engineer
Passive.  Can be utterly trusted but is not immediately identifiable.  Passengers in the same carriage as the Engineer will notice a faint odour of coal and know that they are in the presence of one they can trust... they just won't know who it is.

Train Conductor
One time during the game, the Conductor may choose to be told which carriages held murderers the previous night.  They will not be told how many murderers were in each carriage - the result will appear as "Murderers were in Carriages 1 and 3". 

The Mad Passenger
The mad passenger is not that strong psychologically but is very strong physically.  Should someone attempt to murder them, their tenuous grasp on reality will be broken and they will fight back.  Should this happen, the murderer will instead be killed and the mad passenger, in their unhinged state, will take over the role of Murderer.  Until this happens (if it happens at all), the Mad Passenger is stable and 'good'.

Accomplice
Passive.  Should the accomplice be in the same carriage when the murderer tries to attack the security guard or mad passenger (only these two roles), the murderer will succeed.  The identity of the accomplice will not be revealed at this time.

Other Rules

Passengers should not discuss which carriage they are going into (either privately or publicly) until such information is revealed by the GM.

Roles should remain secret and not shared with other players as to do otherwise would spoil the strategy and fun that comes with the game.

All PM communication should be CC'd to Pixilicious so that she can take part in viewing the festivities as well!

People interested in playing should post here or PM me and I will start up a list.  Please keep in mind that there are sixteen available seats on the train and passes will be given out on a first come, first serve basis. :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:46:10 AM by Pixilicious »

Offline Sasha

Smiles .....oh this sounds like so much fun .....purchases a ticket .

Offline forgetmenot

Can I get a ticket even if I'm not approved yet?

Can I get a ticket even if I'm not approved yet?

Unfortunately, this game relies a lot on PMing, which is a feature not available to unapproved members.  The good news is that I don't plan on having the train take off for another few days, so there's still time for you to get involved, depending on the outcome of your approval status. 

I hope this helps!

~Pixilicious~

Offline forgetmenot

Unfortunately, this game relies a lot on PMing, which is a feature not available to unapproved members.  The good news is that I don't plan on having the train take off for another few days, so there's still time for you to get involved, depending on the outcome of your approval status. 

I hope this helps!

~Pixilicious~

Oh I definately understand! :P
Just thought I'd ask
Thanks!

Offline Ariadne

I will be purchasing a ticket as soon as I am done moving. I will need a nice relaxing break once this is done.

Offline Ryven

• Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
I would like a first class ticket, please. ^-^

Offline Kyrsa

I will be purchasing a ticket as soon as I am done moving. I will need a nice relaxing break once this is done.

*purchases her ticket* I'll need the vacation after her move is done as well...  ::)

Passenger Roster...So far...

1.)Sasha
2.)Remiel
3.)Ryven
4.)Ariadne
5.)Kyrsa
6.)Beguile's Mistress
7.)Imogen
8.)Marguerite
9.)Valerian
10.)Random Civilian
11.)Barnbean
12.)Starlequin
13.)Alxnjsh
14.)Sir Wolfgang
15.)Spell
16.)Kaizen

Guest of the Concierge: Aiden
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 08:26:49 PM by Pixilicious »

Offline Remiel

Ah, the Elliquiy Express...the only way to travel!  I'm looking forward to sharing a carriage with Imogen, my lovely riding companion.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Please include me on the passenger list.

Offline Imogen

Ah, the Elliquiy Express...the only way to travel!  I'm looking forward to sharing a carriage with Imogen, my lovely riding companion.

Oh my, when Remiel puts on the charm, I can't say no! I don't even want to! ;-)

If there's still room, I'd love travel with you all!

Oh my, when Remiel puts on the charm, I can't say no! I don't even want to! ;-)

If there's still room, I'd love travel with you all!

There is!  I'll take the question mark off your name :)

Offline Imogen

YAY, thanks Pixi :-D

YAY, thanks Pixi :-D

You're welcome, hun! :)

Offline Marguerite

• Lifestyle Domme, Mistress, Queen of Sin/Debauchery, Eden's Stalker, Domina McSpanks
  • Lady
  • Carnite
  • "Now, ask me what I'm going to do to you."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Thanks for putting me on and how many bags can we bring onto the train?

Thanks for putting me on and how many bags can we bring onto the train?

*snickers* 2-3...I'd hate for one of you to have to lug around more than that back through the mountains if someone gets kicked off!  :D

Offline Barnbean

Train travel? Couldnt pick anything more modern like zepplin? ;)  Sounds like a cool idea Pixi

Offline Random Civilian

Is there any chance that I could purchase a ticket? I'd love to be part of this!

Train travel? Couldnt pick anything more modern like zepplin? ;)  Sounds like a cool idea Pixi

A zepplin, huh?  I think that it would be too violent when people get kicked off, to watch them fall to their deaths...You know...Missing parachutes and all that stuff! ;)

Is there any chance that I could purchase a ticket? I'd love to be part of this!

I'll put your name on the list! :)

Offline Starlequin

Hm, I think I'd like to board as well. Room for one more?

Hm, I think I'd like to board as well. Room for one more?

Of course!  We've got five more open slots!

Welcome aboard!  *hands over ticket*

Offline Starlequin

Awesome! <pockets his ticket> Lookin' forward to the trip!

Awesome! <pockets his ticket> Lookin' forward to the trip!

Don't lose the ticket!  Rumor has it that Concierge lady is a real taskmaster! ;)