You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 11:56:55 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Interest Check: High School of the Dead  (Read 1895 times)

Offline KunoichiRogue5Topic starter

Re: Interest Check: High School of the Dead
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 08:18:47 PM »
As stated. I would PREFER one person per player for now. However I will not force someone to not play if they can't do multiple characters. But yes, if the group gets huge enough they may split up and head in another direction.

But to warn you all before we begin, this is what my friends call a "nuke 'em 'til they glow" game. I will be actively trying to get you killed in different ways. What seems like a perfectly safe gated community may be infested with zombies. >.> Or a seemingly dangerous haunted house could be just a spooky place. I wont just say, "you're grabbed and killed" You'll always have the chance to fight or flee. But there may be a scenario that you walk into that will get you killed if you aren't careful. So anyone that wants out, say so.

*has been reading the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks*
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 08:20:03 PM by KunoichiRogue5 »

Online Latooni Subota

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 08:47:07 PM »
Note, if Tamara dies, i'm SO insisting on playing someone Genre Savvy next time :)

Offline pendarious

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 09:17:15 PM »
*barks with laughter* i havent played a "nuke em till they glow" game since i think it was december when i last got to sit down and play D&D with my friends back home.

Offline Bloody Rose

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • I live my life at the moment, nothing else matters
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 09:44:41 PM »
Image:
Name: Jacob Lonestar
Sex: Male
Weapon: N/A
Personality: He is a very kind teacher, the students identify with him a lot and care about him and he about them. He is the type of teacher that is everybody friend. He is very strict about classes. He has a dark past that he tries hi best to hide.
Add'l info:
1- He loves kids, he do whatever possible to protect them and is a father figure to most of them, he is often with students during break playing basketball or doing some other activity.
2- He loves pets he even  has one on his class.

Offline Tad

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 10:39:15 PM »
Do you have room for one more girl?  I have an idea that you might find interesting...

Offline Shihong

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2010, 10:48:45 PM »
As far as I can tell, this game is open to anyone!   And having lots of women about just makes this game closer to the source material.   ;D

Offline pendarious

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2010, 10:50:27 PM »
i havent had an opportunity to read the source material yet.......ive been trying but school just keeps getting in the way.

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010, 11:10:05 PM »
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/highschool_of_the_dead/

And this is open to any and everyone! Please feel free to post up characters at any time! And you don't HAVE to be a student, you all know that right? I'm sorry, I should have specified. I would prefer there be a reason for you being at the school since I'd like everyone to start there.

Offline Bloody Rose

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2010, 11:10:41 PM »
is my char accepted?

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2010, 11:13:34 PM »
GAH! How the hell did I miss that!? Sorry! Yeah! Looks great!*drools slightly* He looks delicious.

Offline Bloody Rose

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »
You ignored me.... *Cries*

Offline Bloody Rose

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2010, 11:21:26 PM »
That link is for Manga fox... when you have the rp going let me know :)

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2010, 11:30:09 PM »
Well.. Yeah. For people who want to read the manga that helped inspire this.

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2010, 12:51:55 PM »
For those that haven't noticed I put the character section up. You'll find the link in my first post.

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2010, 11:02:29 AM »
We are looking for more people that may or may not want to join this game. If you're interested pm me or post here, and then put a character sheet up for approval. The game is on hold, for now, at least until we can get more players. And I promise, we're not going to close the game to newcomers. We will be coming across survivors as we go, and such so you never know what you'll encounter.

Offline Haibane

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 02:09:52 PM »
Oh I HAVE read High School of the Dead. Up through chapter 24 on Onemanga. But when I went last night to see if the new chapter was up it was suspended because they had a request to take it down. Which can only mean that someone is actually translating it!!! Woot!
It's gone from MangaFox.

http://manga.animea.net/high-school-of-the-dead.html?skip=1

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2010, 04:37:46 PM »
Yes, sadly it is. But thank you for the link. If you're interested you're free to join us. This is an 'open casting call'

Offline Haibane

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2010, 07:16:05 PM »
Reading the manga now. It's excellent, bloody brilliant artwork. Not sure if I'll play, zombies are not usually my thing but the manga treats it all in a fairly comedic way and if the RP does the same I may be interested. Dark, serious, scary zombie nastiness isn't my thing at all though, so how to you plan to pitch it?

EDIT: Read through much of the manga last night and I love it to bits. Unfortunately right now I just can't take on any more games :( That being said this is the kind of setting where a new char can pop up at any time and in fact the part of the story that interests me most is when the characters leave the school and go outside, arming themselves with guns and getting dragged into all the politics and infighting of the survivors. If you get to that stage where the character interactions really become relevant I'd be interested.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:41:03 AM by Haibane »

Offline schnookums

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2010, 06:46:31 PM »
Am I terrible person for wanting to join the game just to be caught? Especially if the zombies were in a mood for more then eating...

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2010, 08:34:20 PM »
We all have our dark sides, but no that doesn't make you a bad person. But I cannot promise you'll survive being caught. Because once those needs are satisfied, then another one emerges...

Offline schnookums

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2010, 09:04:55 PM »
Nothing wrong with that per se...maybe a temporary character that serves as the impetus to bring in another character...