You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 24, 2016, 08:34:17 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Silly Guitar Question  (Read 352 times)

Online Callie Del NoireTopic starter

Silly Guitar Question
« on: December 18, 2009, 11:59:43 AM »
I recently bought a guitar to use in Garageband to learn to play (along with some other books/guides I'm looking at) and I just don't have the agility in the fingers (Yet) to do the cords and was wondering if folks who DO play out there can give me some suggestions to get mah fat digits in shape to play!

Offline consortium11

Re: Silly Guitar Question
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 06:34:24 PM »
I'm fairly terrible myself, but honestly, practice makes perfect. I had the same issue when I first started but eventually it just started to click. I'm sure there are exercises you can do to improve digit agility however I'd be haf tempted to just spend that time working on playing.

Online Callie Del NoireTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 06:37:57 PM »
I'm trying to get the E cord and my middle finger won't make enough space for the other finger. :(

That and I'm not quite happy with my strumming.. worked on it again today

Offline MercyfulFate

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 06:43:20 PM »
Practice is about all I can tell you, repeatedly go in order from the first fret on the low E (top string) and do, index, middle finger, ring finger, pinky. Keep doing it until it gets easier.

Sorry, that's bad advice I know. There are little mini-lessons on youtube and different sites. Start off with some standard pentatonic scales and such.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 07:26:21 PM »
It's all practice, I think. The same thing happens on the piano - you don't play for a while, and your hand feels a little clunky when playing arpeggios and scales and stuff. It's just practicing over and over until your fingers get more limber and used to the movement.