You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 01:46:03 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Connection Issue Via Cell Phone  (Read 732 times)

Offline Mr Self DestructTopic starter

• If I had known things would turn out this way, I might have stayed up a little later, talked a little longer, and hugged you a little tighter. How foolish of me to think that we would last...to think that I wouldn't have regrets.
  • Knight
  • Seducer
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Connection Issue Via Cell Phone
« on: November 22, 2009, 10:09:42 PM »
So I got me a new phone...specifically, the LG KP500 or 'Cookie'.  It's a nice phone, and though there are some bugs I've found with it, the web use is decent.  So, whilst exploring the web via my mobile, I decided to check out Elliquiy, and see how the site looked on my small screen.

Well, the site loaded fine to the main page, and I clicked 'friend' to enter.  I was brought to a screen that showed the Important Stuff, Gaming and Roleplaying, and General Chat sections of the board.  Below that was a link to Login, and after filling out my username and password credentials, I clicked login.

Well, after about 5 minutes, my request keeps timing out.  I'm not sure what the problem is...any techie guru's out there have any suggestions?  I'm not on a 3G network, rather EDGE, which is slower, but still not bad.  I don't think that's the issue, though I don't have the knowledge to know for sure.

Offline Dakota

Re: Connection Issue Via Cell Phone
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 12:55:39 PM »
http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?;wap2 this is the link you need to browse and reply etc via mobile

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 01:09:02 PM »
You could download Opera-mini, it's a free java based mini browser. Elliquiy on your phone looks like Elliquiy on any computer, everything works except for posting in the SB, and a cell just isn't going to update fast enough to keep up with it.

Edit: I forgot, if your on Verizon you it won't let you download opera-mini, they suck like that.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 01:13:45 PM by Scott »

• If I had known things would turn out this way, I might have stayed up a little later, talked a little longer, and hugged you a little tighter. How foolish of me to think that we would last...to think that I wouldn't have regrets.
  • Knight
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 07:14:53 PM »
Well, I tried the WAP connection, and got the same problem.  It waits for a few minutes, and then I get a Connection Failed message.  I tried Opera, but for some reason, it can't connect to my network.  I don't have Verizon, however, but Centennial Wireless as my service provider.  I hope they're not the cause of me being blocked, especially with what I pay them per month. 

Online Vekseid

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 07:26:37 PM »
They might be blocking POST requests. Do you have trouble logging in anywhere else?

• Knight
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 07:33:40 PM »
How would I know if I did?  I can log into Facebook fine, but I can't check my Gmail email on my phone.

Online Vekseid

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 07:36:23 PM »
Have you tried https://elliquiy.com ?

• Knight
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 09:35:40 PM »
I gave it a shot, and had the same problem.  I got two different error messages this time, however: the first was Connection Failed, and the second was Request Timed Out.  I don't know if that makes a difference or not.  And thanks for everyone's help, by the way. 

What really kills me about this is that on my Samsung Mantra prepaid cell by Virgin Mobile, I had no problem accessing Elliquiy.  Now, here I am on my touch screen monthly plan phone, and can't access it...gotta love the irony here. >.<

Online Vekseid

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 09:48:54 PM »
Well if it's the server's fault, you will generally see the 500 error.

Offline Kip

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 10:07:13 PM »
I've found that the upgraded site takes a lot longer to load on my iPhone but I didn't use the wap link (although I have before and I may have to from now on).

Offline alxnjsh

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 10:24:02 PM »
I use a direct connection on my Palm Pre and haven't had any problems pre and post operation...er...upgrade.