You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 06:41:23 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Sig image wrong  (Read 514 times)

Offline shadowspaleTopic starter

Sig image wrong
« on: October 30, 2009, 05:48:02 PM »
Can someone please tell me why one of the images in my sig has been switched with someone elses? I went and looked and it has been replaced with one I never uploaded.

Offline Caeli

Re: Sig image wrong
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 05:52:38 PM »
It's been reverted back to your version.

However, this is why we tell people to upload to the wiki with meaningful titles for their images. You might want to consider re-uploading your images to something that is more narrow, such as "shadowspale sig ideas.jpg", which has a much lower chance of being uploaded over.

Offline shadowspaleTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 06:07:02 PM »
Oh okay. Thanks so much. It wasn't really a big issue just a bit startling to see an image not mine (It kind of looked out of place, lol)

Offline Morven

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 02:55:20 AM »
It's a common problem with MediaWikis; if you use a not-very-distinguishing filename, then someone else can come and upload something completely different on top of it.  They get a warning, but they may quite easily not notice.

I've run a bunch of my own MediaWiki installations and was influential in Wikipedia for a while, so I've seen it often!