You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 08:55:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Timezone question  (Read 467 times)

Offline DirigibleTopic starter

Timezone question
« on: September 03, 2009, 03:20:55 PM »
When I go to the user stats page, it shows a person's activity spread across 24 hours. What timezone is that calibrated to? What GMT + or - is the 0-hour on that chart?

Online HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Timezone question
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 03:23:51 PM »
Looking at my own stats it seems to tally with when I'm online (local time - GMT). I'd hazard a guess that it probably takes local time for each person individually. What does looking at your own tell you?

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 06:07:03 PM »
Good thought. You could be right, my chart quite possibly could tally with my local time... though there are some outliers I must've been sleep-posting for, as I certainly don't remember them.

Offline Kip

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 08:44:16 PM »
I've had discussions about this in the SB before...

I went and tested a theory using my own profile and worked it out - it seems that the post stats are calibrated individually but you have to make sure the boards know your timezone.   

Dirigible, to update this - Go to your Profile then select 'Look and Layout' from the menu on the left hand side.  In the options that come up, find time offset and click 'auto detect'.  Save those changes and see if the time in the upper right corner above the SB is right - if not, alter the time offset to suit and save it again.

After you've got that all sorted out, go and look at your post stats and they should be accurate for you.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 08:55:49 PM »
That looks like it sorted it, yep.

Thanks, Kip!

Offline Kip

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 08:58:49 PM »
Not a problem - anytime.

I can see the time of the day I'm always (or nearly always) asleep at using my stats.  :D