You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 07:10:44 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Ket would like something historical...  (Read 356 times)

Offline KetTopic starter

• Electroslut Extraordinaire
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • The Onion Queen - crispy fried goodness
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 5
Ket would like something historical...
« on: July 29, 2009, 10:31:28 PM »
...but not medieval.  Ket doesn't do medieval. 

I'd like something from the British Regency Era on up to the late 1930's, just before World War II broke out in Europe.  The setting doesn't have to be in England.    I don't want a prince and pauper type story.  I want something more realistic.  I would prefer something a bit upper class, but that doesn't mean royalty.  I'd actually like to stay away from royalty of any kind.

I adore history.  I research my stories, and don't care for anachronisms.  I don't expect speech patterns to be perfect, but adding in modern slang will irk me.  I also don't go for clothing and amenities that are out of it's era.  If a story is set in 1855, please don't describe a character wearing clothing from the 1820's.  Yes, I know the difference.  And yes, I'm darn picky.  Deal with it.

I don't require novel length posts either.  I like stories that ebb and flow, the amount of writing depending upon what is going on at the time in the story.  Flavor is wonderful, but too many spices can ruin the stew. 

I have no preference of the gender of the writer or the gender of the character they will be playing. 

So, if you're up for it, you know where to reach me.