Tyranny of Dragons | A D&D 5E Sandbox

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 17, 2023, 10:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

One thing worth asking is if we have other folks planning for archers.  That’s the idea that’s churning right now but I have to figure out a good class for it.
Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    Advice for GMs on Elliquiy

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Rashol

Always keep Dex based fighter in the back of your mind for an archer build, sometimes they can arch better than the archers. And since you get access to all martial weapons, you have a back up in case you twong more than you twang.

Laughing Hyena

Finished

Axel
Variant Human Druid (Circle of Moon)/Barbarian (Totem of Bear) Gestalt (Outlander)
Player: Hyena

Armor Class: 14
Hit Points: 45 (4d12+12)
Speed:  30 ft.
Initiative: +1

STR 14 | DEX 12 | CON 16 | INT 10 | WIS 18 | CHA 8

Human: +1 Con, +1 Wis
Telepath: +1 Wis
Observant: +1 Wis
4th level ASI: +2 Con

Skills: Athletics +4, Animal Handling +5, Insight +5, Medicine: +5, Nature: +2, Perception +5, Survival +5
Tool Proficiencies: Herbalism Kit: +2, Instrument Viol: +2
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Armor Proficiencies: Light armor, medium armor, shields. (Druids won't wear or use armor or shields made of metal)
Saves:  Strength: +4, Constitution: +5, Intelligence: +2,  Wisdom: +5
Damage Resistances: N/A
Damage Immunities N/A
Condition Immunities N/A
Senses Passive Perception: 21, Passive Investigation: 15
Languages Common, Druidic, Giant
Proficiency Bonus: +2 Proficiency

FEATURES

Rage: Bonus Action [1 minute, 2/Long] (On your turn), Advantage on Strength Checks & Saves. Bonus Damage on Strength Based melee attacks (+2). Gain resistance vs Blunt, Slash & Pierce Damage. Cannot cast or concentrate on spells while raging.

Unarmored Defense: While you are not wearing any armor, your armor class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.

Danger Sense: At 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren't as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger. You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.

Reckless Attack: Starting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern for defense to attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.

Primal Path - Totem Warrior (Bear): You gain Beast Sense and Speak with Animals as Ritual Spells. While Raging you gain resistance vs all damage except Psychic damage.

Primal Knowledge (Optional): When you reach 3rd level and again at 10th level, you gain proficiency in one skill of your choice from the list of skills available to barbarians at 1st level. 3rd Level: Nature

Wild Shape: Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest.

While you are transformed, the following rules apply:

• Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but you retain your alignment, personality, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If the creature has the same proficiency as you and the bonus in its stat block is higher than yours, use the creature's bonus instead of yours. If the creature has any legendary or lair actions, you can't use them.

• When you transform, you assume the beast's hit points and Hit Dice. When you revert to your normal form, you return to the number of hit points you had before you transformed. However, if you revert as a result of dropping to 0 hit points, any excess damage carries over to your normal form, For example, if you take 10 damage in animal form and have only 1 hit point left, you revert and take 9 damage. As long as the excess damage doesn't reduce your normal form to 0 hit points, you aren't knocked unconscious.

• You can't cast spells, and your ability to speak or take any action that requires hands is limited to the capabilities of your beast form. Transforming doesn't break your concentration on a spell you've already cast, however, or prevent you from taking actions that are part of a spell, such as Call Lightning, that you've already cast.

• You retain the benefit of any features from your class, race, or other source and can use them if the new form is physically capable of doing so. However, you can't use any of your special senses, such as darkvision, unless your new form also has that sense.

• You choose whether your equipment falls to the ground in your space, merges into your new form, or is worn by it. Worn equipment functions as normal, but the DM decides whether it is practical for the new form to wear a piece of equipment, based on the creature's shape and size. Your equipment doesn't change size or shape to match the new form, and any equipment that the new form can't wear must either fall to the ground or merge with it. Equipment that merges with the form has no effect until you leave the form.

Druid Circle of Moon: When you choose this circle at 2nd level, you gain the ability to use Wild Shape on your turn as a bonus action, rather than as an action. Additionally, while you are transformed by Wild Shape, you can use a bonus action to expend one spell slot to regain 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot expended.

Combat Wild Shape: The rites of your circle grant you the ability to transform into more dangerous animal forms. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1. You ignore the Max. CR column of the Beast Shapes table, but must abide by the other limitations there. Starting at 6th level, you can transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as your druid level divided by 3, rounded down.

ACTIONS

Greataxe. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.  Hit: 1d12+3 slashing damage.

Longword +1 "Shatterspine" Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.  Hit: 1d8+3 or 1d10+4 slashing damage.

Handaxe.  Thrown Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, 20/60 ft., one target.  Hit: 1d6+2 Slashing damage.

Javelin.  Thrown Weapon Attack:  +4 to hit, 30/120 ft., one target.  Hit: 1d6+2 piercing damage.

FEATS

Telepath. 
  • Increase your Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
  • You can speak telepathically to any creature you can see within 60 feet of you. Your telepathic utterances are in a language you know, and the creature understands you only if it knows that language. Your communication doesn't give the creature the ability to respond to you telepathically.
  • You can cast the Detect Thoughts spell, requiring no spell slot or components, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it this way again. Your spellcasting ability for the spell is the ability increased by this feat. If you have spell slots of 2nd level or higher, you can cast this spell with them.

Observant. Quick to notice details of your environment, you gain the following benefits:
  • Increase your Intelligence or Wisdom score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
  • If you can see a creature's mouth while it is speaking a language you understand, you can interpret what it's saying by reading its lips.
  • You have a +5 bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) and passive Intelligence (Investigation) scores

MONEY & EQUIPMENT:

CP: | SP: | GP: 20 | PP:

Armor: Leather Armor (UnE), Shield (UnE)
Weapons: Greataxe, Quarterstaff, Scimitar, Handaxes (2), Javelin (4)
Tools: Backpack, Bedroll, Mess kit, Tinderbox, Torch (10), Rations (10 Days), Rope of Hemp (50 ft), Waterskin
Equipment:  Hunting Trap
Items:  Explorer's Pack, Druidic Focus, Travelers Clothes, Necklace of Bear Teeth

SPELLS

Spell Save DC = 14

Spell Attack Modifier = +6

Known Spells:  All Druid Spells, Detect Thoughts (Wis Based)
Number of Prepared Spells: 8 = Wis + Level
Slots:  Cantrips (3 slots); 1st (4 slots); 2nd (2 slots)

Favorite Spells to Prepare:
Cantrips: Guidance, Shillelagh, Thorn Whip
-- 1st:  Cure Wounds, Entangle, Goodberry, Purify Food and Drink, Speak with Animals
-- 2nd: Barkskin, Spike Growth, Heat Metal
Ritual: Beast Sense, Speak with Animals

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on July 18, 2023, 04:33:49 PM
Not done but I'm getting there. Figured to show what I am working on. Ignore the feats and lack of image. I'm not done there. Saw no tank so...

Axel
Variant Human Druid (Circle of Moon)/Barbarian (Totem of Bear) Gestalt (Outlander)
Player: Hyena

Armor Class: 12
Hit Points: 37 (4d12+4)
Speed:  30 ft.
Initiative: +2

STR 14 | DEX 14 | CON 12 | INT 10 | WIS 18 | CHA 8

Human: +1 Dex, +1 Wis
Telepath: +1 Wis
Observant: +1 Wis

Skills: Athletics +4, Animal Handling +5, Insight +5, Nature: +2, Perception +5, Survival +5
Tool Proficiencies: Herbalism Kit: +2, Instrument Viol: +2
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Armor Proficiencies: Light armor, medium armor, shields. (Druids won't wear or use armor or shields made of metal)
Saves:  Strength: +4, Constitution: +4, Intelligence: +2,  Wisdom: +5
Damage Immunities N/A
Condition Immunities N/A
Senses
Languages Common, Druidic, Giant

FEATURES

ACTIONS

Greataxe. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.  Hit: 1d12+2 slashing damage.

Handaxe.  Thrown Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, 20/60 ft., one target.  Hit: 1d6+2 Slashing damage.

Javelin.  Thrown Weapon Attack:  +4 to hit, 30/120 ft., one target.  Hit: 1d6+2 piercing damage.

FEATS

Telepath. 
  • Increase your Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
  • You can speak telepathically to any creature you can see within 60 feet of you. Your telepathic utterances are in a language you know, and the creature understands you only if it knows that language. Your communication doesn't give the creature the ability to respond to you telepathically.
  • You can cast the Detect Thoughts spell, requiring no spell slot or components, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it this way again. Your spellcasting ability for the spell is the ability increased by this feat. If you have spell slots of 2nd level or higher, you can cast this spell with them.

Observant. Quick to notice details of your environment, you gain the following benefits:
  • Increase your Intelligence or Wisdom score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
  • If you can see a creature's mouth while it is speaking a language you understand, you can interpret what it's saying by reading its lips.
  • You have a +5 bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) and passive Intelligence (Investigation) scores

Skulker.  You are expert at slinking through shadows. You gain the following benefits:
  • You can try to hide when you are lightly obscured from the creature from which you are hiding.
  • When you are hidden from a creature and miss it with a ranged weapon attack, making the attack doesn't reveal your position.
  • Dim light doesn't impose disadvantage on your Wisdom (Perception) checks relying on sight.

EQUIPMENT:

Armor: 
Weapons:
Tools: 
Equipment: 
Items: 

SPELLS

Known Spells:  All Druid Spells, Detect Thoughts (Wis Based)
Slots:  Cantrips (3 slots); 1st (4 slots); 2nd (2 slots)

Favorite Spells: 
Cantrips: Guidance, Shillelagh, Thorn Whip
-- 1st:  Cure Wounds, Goodberry, Purify Food and Drink, Speak with Animals
-- 2nd: Barkskin, Spike Growth

I don't recommend building a character without getting a concept approved, but I do like what I see.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sparklemuffin

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 18, 2023, 09:20:11 PM
I don't recommend building a character without getting a concept approved, but I do like what I see.

On that note, is my character concept fully approved? I have quite a lot done already.

Laughing Hyena

Thanks Phantom.

Basic concept is a warrior druid of the emerald conclave whom is amongst the chosen to sort the dragon issues. Nothing complicated.

Opale

heya all!

From a solo to a group game, things promising to be fun.
I expect everyone to have fun, to be tolerant with my lack of system knowledge, and to be as open and communicative as possible .

I dunno how the smut part is going to be included during the game but just know that I never say no to such RpS opportunities lol

Warm regards
Opale

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Sparklemuffin on July 18, 2023, 09:33:46 PM
On that note, is my character concept fully approved? I have quite a lot done already.

I like where your character is going, but I will probably talk to you a little more so that we can have a meeting of the minds as to how your character fits into the game.  I am very optimistic that she will be approved, tho.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on July 18, 2023, 09:34:22 PM
Thanks Phantom.

Basic concept is a warrior druid of the emerald conclave whom is amongst the chosen to sort the dragon issues. Nothing complicated.

Sure, but I will have to chat with you about my expectations for the game and how you envision your character within it.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Laughing Hyena

PM me when you wish to approach the topic. Also apparently male barbarian artwork is a highly endangered species.

Character Concept
Name: Axel
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Barbarian (Path of Totem Bear)/Druid (Circle of Moon)
Faction: Emerald Conclave
Description: An initiate of the Emerald Conclave, Axel was more at home with animals than other humans but does not hate people.Hailing from the enclave near the Stojanow River which oversees the farming territories so that the land thrives whilst not bring destroyed. His job is to hunt down any animals that endanger the farms and investigate the cause or neutralize them.

pdragon

Character concept
Name: Zael Ras'kar
Race: Tiefling
Class: Bard (spirits)/Warlock (genie)
Faction: Lords Alliance
Description: The effeminate and hedonistic son of a wealthy merchant. He made a pact with a powerful genie whose lantern he uncovered while attending Quandrix College, granting him mystic powers. His father recently used his influence to get him initiated as a member of the Lords Alliance.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Opale

A simple question: m’y favorite story/smut ratio is 30/70.

What about yours?

Sparklemuffin

NovembersRime

I have ended up narrowing down to my first idea based on the concepts posted so far.

Character concept:
Name: Nina "Scorch" Alpencrest
Race: Human
Class: Wizard (War Magic)/Ranger (Hunter)
Background: Soldier
Faction: Harpers
Description: A war veteran battlemage who left the Silverymoon army after the War of the Silver Marshes where she had lost her wife. Nina travelled around with no particular destination, drinking her sorrows away, making coin first by just magical favours, but learning soon enough that she had the looks and body to drain any man's and some woman's purse dry through courtesanship. After one particularly rough night of carousing, Nina was hit by a moment of clarity and decided to pull herself together. She did this by cutting back on drinking and joining the Harpers, to help those who could not help themselves...

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Opale on July 18, 2023, 10:40:42 PM

What about yours?

I definitely can do that ratio.

pdragon

Quote from: Opale on July 18, 2023, 10:40:42 PM

What about yours?

It depends on the type of game, but usually 50/50

Request Thread

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Sparklemuffin on July 18, 2023, 10:54:13 PM
Maybe 50/50 but I can adapt.

Unlike what Opale said, the game isn't reaaaaally going to be 30/70 story-smut, but the characters themselves have very sexual lives.  The characters almost lead double lives: one life operating in the deepest, darkest dregs of the town mired in vice, and the other, working diligently to protect the town.  I just want to make sure you're comfortable with that.

Quote from: NovembersRime on July 19, 2023, 06:43:30 AM
I have ended up narrowing down to my first idea based on the concepts posted so far.

Character concept:
Name: Nina "Scorch" Alpencrest
Race: Human
Class: Wizard (War Magic)/Ranger (Hunter)
Background: Soldier
Description: A war veteran battlemage who left the Silverymoon army after the War of the Silver Marshes where she had lost her wife. Nina travelled around with no particular destination, drinking her sorrows away, making coin first by just magical favours, but learning soon enough that she had the looks and body to drain any man's and some woman's purse dry through courtesanship. After one particularly rough night of carousing, Nina was hit by a moment of clarity and decided to pull herself together. She did this by cutting back on drinking and joining the Harpers, to help those who could not help themselves...

This is pretty good.  The character has a good arc and I love that she's got an edge to her.

Quote from: pdragon on July 18, 2023, 10:00:47 PM
Character concept
Name: Zael Ras'kar
Race: Tiefling
Class: Bard (spirits)/Warlock (genie)
Description: The effeminate and hedonistic son of a wealthy merchant. He made a pact with a powerful genie whose lantern he uncovered while attending Quandrix College, granting him mystic powers. His father recently used his influence to get him initiated as a member of the Lords Alliance.

Love it.  Very good.

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on July 18, 2023, 09:58:40 PM
PM me when you wish to approach the topic. Also apparently male barbarian artwork is a highly endangered species.

Character Concept
Name: Axel
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Barbarian (Path of Totem Bear)/Druid (Circle of Moon)
Faction: Emerald Conclave
Description: Upon the call for aid to deal with the rising threat of the Cult of the Dragon, Axel was amongst the prospects that was sent to deal with the task. Whatever it takes the balance of nature must be preserved and the threat eliminated.

So... the characters don't know that the Cult of the Dragon is operating in Phlan.  That's something the adventurers will discover slowly and gradually.

Additionally, I feel like the image you chose doesn't align with the images everyone else has chosen.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 19, 2023, 01:02:39 PMSo... the characters don't know that the Cult of the Dragon is operating in Phlan.  That's something the adventurers will discover slowly and gradually.

Additionally, I feel like the image you chose doesn't align with the images everyone else has chosen.

As I said, barbarian studs are hard to find. Like narwhals in real life.

I can adjust to a more real life appearance for you and alter the concept.

PS- altered

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on July 19, 2023, 01:29:26 PM
As I said, barbarian studs are hard to find. Like narwhals in real life.

I can adjust to a more real life appearance for you and alter the concept.

PS- altered

Kinda feel like you went the other way with it.  May I recommend an AI search engine/image generator?  https://playgroundai.com/search?q=barbarian+fantasy+male
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Laughing Hyena

Not sure if my phone could even run it. Checking and at least I can copy existing A.I artwork. So that's a good thing I guess.

Relikai

Name: Julius Silverheart
Race: Variant Human
Class: Paladin of the Ancients / Bard of the College of Lore
Background: Initiate
Faction: Emerald Enclave
Description: A young initiate of the Gladekeepers of Silvanus, he was chosen to be a human-emissary to link the barbarians and druids of the groves to the human civilizations of the Sword Coast. A combatant with decent martial prowess, he works hard to improve his own force of character in order to go the path of diplomacy, but can get rough in more than physical combat if the circumstances call for it.

Treat him as a defensive spellcaster who uses magic for diplomacy as much as protecting his allies! In combat he stands as an enabler, enhancing teammates and creating openings while being able to hold on his own in the melee!

I used to run and DM for the Adventurers' League, but has since stopped cos #Life. I will probably be building this char around my lv20 rp-main as a destination, and will use PHB and XGE resources!

For Image wise do you allow pictures from games, like Final Fantasy XIV? Thanks!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Relikai on July 20, 2023, 03:23:42 AM
Name: Julius Silverheart
Class: Paladin of the Ancients / Bard of the College of Lore
Background: Initiate
Faction: Emerald Enclave
Description: A young initiate of the Gladekeepers of Silvanus, he was chosen to be a human-emissary to link the barbarians and druids of the groves to the human civilizations of the Sword Coast. A combatant with decent martial prowess, he works hard to improve his own force of character in order to go the path of diplomacy, but can get rough in more than physical combat if the circumstances call for it.

Treat him as a defensive spellcaster who uses magic for diplomacy as much as protecting his allies! In combat he stands as an enabler, enhancing teammates and creating openings while being able to hold on his own in the melee!

I used to run and DM for the Adventurers' League, but has since stopped cos #Life. I will probably be building this char around my lv20 rp-main as a destination, and will use PHB and XGE resources!

For Image wise do you allow pictures from games, like Final Fantasy XIV? Thanks!

This is a smutty game, Relikai.  How is this character smutty?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

NovembersRime

NINA "SCORCH" ALPENCREST
Class: Wizard (War Magic)/Ranger (Hunter Conclave) Gestalt
Background: Soldier (Specialty: Infantry)
Player: NovembersRime

Height: 165cm / 5' 5''
Weight: 59kg / 130lbs
Sexuality: Pansexual

Personality traits

• "I've lost too many friends, and I'm slow to make new ones.."
  • "I can stare down a hell hound without flinching."

Ideal
"Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others."

Bond
"I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves."

Flaw
"My hatred of my enemies is blinding and unreasoning."

Armor Class: 18 Scale Mail + Fighting Style: Defense + Medium Armor Master
Hit Points: 36 (4d10+8)
Speed: 30 ft.
Initiative: +7
Wizard Spell slots:
1st - 4/4
2nd - 3/3

Ranger Spell slots:
1st - 3/3

STR 8 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 18 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
(Variant Human: +1 CON, +1 INT)

Skills: Arcana +6, Athletics +1, History +6, Intimidation +3, Medicine +2, Stealth +7
Tool Proficiencies: Herbalism Kit, Dice Set, Land Vehicles
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple weapons, Martial Weapons
Armor Proficiencies: Light armor, medium armor
Saves: Strength +1, Dexterity +5, Intelligence +6, Wisdom +2
Damage Immunities N/A
Condition Immunities N/A
Senses Passive perception 10
Languages  Common, Elvish

FEATURES

Spellcasting

Spellcasting Abilities
Intelligence (Wizard)
Wisdom (Ranger)

Spell Save DC
Wizard spells: 14
Ranger Spells: 10

Spell Attack Modifier
Wizard: +7
Ranger: +2

Cantrips Known (lvl4): 4
Fire Bolt
Control Flames
Prestidigitation
Blade Ward

Nina's Spellbook
1st level

• Absorb Elements *
  • Shield *
  • Burning Hands *
  • Magic Missile
  • Detect Magic * (R)
  • Ice Knife *
  • Feather Fall *
  • Find Familiar (R)

2nd level

• Scorching Ray
  • Flaming Sphere *
  • Invisibility
  • Warding Wind *

* = Prepared (7 spells)
R = Ritual

Ranger Spells

• Longstrider
  • Cure Wounds
  • Animal Friendship

Ritual Casting
You can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don't need to have the spell prepared.

Arcane Recovery
You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots.

You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.

Arcane Deflection
At 2nd level, you have learned to weave your magic to fortify yourself against harm. When you are hit by an attack or you fail a saving throw, you can use your reaction to gain a +2 bonus to your AC against that attack or a +4 bonus to that saving throw.

When you use this feature, you can't cast spells other than cantrips until the end of your next turn.

Tactical Wit
Starting at 2nd level, your keen ability to assess tactical situations allows you to act quickly in battle. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Natural Explorer

• You ignore difficult terrain.
  • You have advantage on initiative rolls.
  • On your first turn during combat, you have advantage on attack rolls against creatures that have not yet acted.

In addition, you are skilled at navigating the wilderness. You gain the following benefits when traveling for an hour or more:
  • Difficult terrain doesn't slow your group's travel.
  • Your group can't become lost except by magical means.
  • Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling (such as foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger.
  • If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
  • When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
  • While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.

Favored Enemy: Humanoids
Beginning at 1st level, you have significant experience studying, tracking, hunting, and even talking to a certain type of enemy commonly encountered in the wilds.

Choose a type of favored enemy: beasts, fey, humanoids, monstrosities, or undead. You gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with weapon attacks against creatures of the chosen type. Additionally, you have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.

When you gain this feature, you also learn one language of your choice, typically one spoken by your favored enemy or creatures associated with it. However, you are free to pick any language you wish to learn.

Fighting Style: Defense
While you are wearing armor, you gain a +1 bonus to AC.

Primeval Awareness
Beginning at 3rd level, your mastery of ranger lore allows you to establish a powerful link to beasts and to the land around you.

You have an innate ability to communicate with beasts, and they recognize you as a kindred spirit. Through sounds and gestures, you can communicate simple ideas to a beast as an action, and can read its basic mood and intent. You learn its emotional state, whether it is affected by magic of any sort, its short-term needs (such as food or safety), and actions you can take (if any) to persuade it to not attack.

You cannot use this ability against a creature that you have attacked within the past 10 minutes.

Additionally, you can attune your senses to determine if any of your favored enemies lurk nearby. By spending 1 uninterrupted minute in concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell), you can sense whether any of your favored enemies are present within 5 miles of you. This feature reveals which of your favored enemies are present, their numbers, and the creatures' general direction and distance (in miles) from you.

If there are multiple groups of your favored enemies within range, you learn this information for each group.

Hunter's Prey: Giant Killer
When a Large or larger creature within 5 feet of you hits or misses you with an attack, you can use your reaction to attack that creature immediately after its attack, provided that you can see the creature.

ACTIONS

Scimitar  Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.  Hit: 1d6+3 slashing damage.

Hand Crossbow  Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, 30/120 ft., one target.  Hit: 1d6+3 piercing damage.

Dagger  Melee/Thrown Weapon Attack:  +5 to hit, 20/60 ft., one target.  Hit: 1d4+3 piercing damage.

Fire Bolt  Ranged Spell Attack:  +7 to hit, 120 ft., one target.  Hit:  1d10 piercing damage.

Burning Hands  Ranged Spell Attack:  DC 14 dex save, 15ft., cone.  Hit:  3d6 fire damage. (+1d6 per spell level)

Ice Knife  Ranged Spell Attack:  +7 to hit, DC14 dex save, 60ft. + 5ft.  Hit:  1d10 piercing damage + 2d6 cold damage (+1d6 per spell level)

Magic Missile  Ranged Spell Attack:  120ft.  Hit:  3 x 1d4 + 1 force damage (x1 per spell level)

Scorching Ray  Ranged Spell Attack:  +7 to hit (3 attacks), 120ft.  Hit:  2d6 fire damage (x1 per spell level)

FEATS

War Caster
You have practiced casting spells in the midst of combat, learning techniques that grant you the following benefits:

• You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage.
  • You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
  • When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.

Ability Score Increase
Intelligence Score increased by 2

Ability Score Increase
Dexterity Score Increased by 2

Medium Armor Master You have practiced moving in medium armor to gain the following benefits:
  • Wearing medium armor doesn't impose disadvantage on your Dexterity (Stealth) checks.
  • When you wear medium armor, you can add 3, rather than 2, to your AC if you have a Dexterity of 16 or higher.

EQUIPMENT

Armor:  Scale Mail
Weapons: Scimitar, Hand Crossbow, Wand of the War Mage
Tools: 
Equipment:  Explorer's pack, a set of common clothes, 20x Crossbow Bolt,
Items:  Dice set, Trophy (Piece of a Banner)
Coin:  5cp, 27sp, 23gp

It's my first introduction to gestalt rules. Let me know if something seems off.

pdragon

Zael Ras'kar
Tiefling Bard (Spirits) / Warlock (Genie) Gestalt (Quandrix Student Background)
Player: pdragon
Character Sheet

Armor Class: 12 Unarmored / 15 Mage Armor
Hit Points: 31 (4d8+8)
Speed: 30 ft.
Initiative: +3

STR 8 (-1) | DEX 14 (+2) | CON 14 (+2) | INT 12 (+1)| WIS 10 (+0) | CHA 20 (+5)

Skills: Acrobatics +3, Animal Handling +1, Arcana +3, Athletics +0, Deception +9, History +2, Insight +2, Intimidation +7, Investigation +2, Medicine +1, Nature +3, Perception +1, Performance +6, Persuasion +9, Religion +2, Sleight of Hand +3, Stealth +3, Survival +1
Tool Proficiencies: Cook's Utensils, Pan Flute, Viol, Lyre
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Armor Proficiencies: Light armor
Saves: Strength -1, Dexterity +4, Constitution +4, Intelligence +1, Wisdom +2, Charisma +7
Damage Resistances: Fire
Damage Immunities N/A
Condition Immunities N/A
Senses Passive perception 11, Darkvision 60ft.
Languages  Common, Draconic, Infernal

FEATURES

Quandrix Student
Gain the Strixhaven Initiate feat (quandrix) and add extra spells to your spell list

1st   Entangle, Guiding Bolt
2nd   Enlarge/Reduce, Vortex Warp
3rd   Aura of Vitality, Haste

Legacy of Stygia
You know the Ray of Frost cantrip. Once you reach 3rd level, you can cast the Armor of Agathys spell once as a 2nd-level spell. Once you reach 5th level, you can also cast the Darkness spell once. You must finish a long rest to cast these spells again with this trait. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

-Patron: Genie - Dao (earth)-

Genie Vessel - Ornate Lamp
Your patron gifts you a magical vessel that grants you a measure of the genie's power. The vessel is a Tiny object, and you can use it as a spellcasting focus for your warlock spells.

While you are touching the vessel, you can use it in the following ways:

-Bottled Respite: As an action, you can magically vanish and enter your vessel, which remains in the space you left. The interior of the vessel is an extradimensional space in the shape of a 20-foot-radius cylinder, 20 feet high, and resembles your vessel. The interior is appointed with cushions and low tables and is a comfortable temperature. While inside, you can hear the area around your vessel as if you were in its space. You can remain inside the vessel up to a number of hours equal to twice your proficiency bonus. You exit the vessel early if you use a bonus action to leave, if you die, or if the vessel is destroyed. When you exit the vessel, you appear in the unoccupied space closest to it. Any objects left in the vessel remain there until carried out, and if the vessel is destroyed, every object stored there harmlessly appears in the unoccupied spaces closest to the vessel's former space. Once you enter the vessel, you can't enter again until you finish a long rest.

-Genie's Wrath: Once during each of your turns when you hit with an attack roll, you can deal extra damage to the target equal to your proficiency bonus. The type of this damage is determined by your patron: bludgeoning (dao)

The vessel's AC equals your spell save DC. Its hit points equal your warlock level plus your proficiency bonus, and it is immune to poison and psychic damage.

If the vessel is destroyed or you lose it, you can perform a 1-hour ceremony to receive a replacement from your patron. This ceremony can be performed during a short or long rest, and the previous vessel is destroyed if it still exists. The vessel vanishes in a flare of elemental power when you die.

Eldritch Invocations: 2
-Agonizing Blast: Add Cha mod to Eldritch Blast damage

-Voice of the Chain Master: You can communicate telepathically with your familiar and perceive through your familiar's senses as long as you are on the same plane of existence. Additionally, while perceiving through your familiar's senses, you can also speak through your familiar in your own voice, even if your familiar is normally incapable of speech.

Pact Boon: Pact of the Chain
-You learn the find familiar spell and can cast it as a ritual. The spell doesn't count against your number of spells known.
-When you cast the spell, you can choose one of the normal forms for your familiar or one of the following special forms: imp, pseudodragon, quasit, or sprite.
-Additionally, when you take the Attack action, you can forgo one of your own attacks to allow your familiar to make one attack with its reaction.

Imp Familiar: Raja

Imp
Tiny fiend (devil, shapechanger), lawful evil
Armor Class 13
Hit Points 10 (3d4+3)
Speed 20 ft., fly 40 ft.
STR 6 (-2) - DEX 17 (+3) -  CON 13 (+1)
INT 11 (+0) - WIS12 (+1) - CHA 14 (+2)

Skills Deception +4, Insight +3, Persuasion +4, Stealth +5

Damage Resistance Cold; Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing From Nonmagical Attacks That Aren't Silvered

Damage Immunities Fire, Poison
Condition Immunities Poisoned

Senses Darkvision 120 Ft., passive Perception 11
Languages Infernal, Common
Challenge 1 (200 XP)

Shapechanger. The imp can use its action to polymorph into a beast form that resembles a rat (speed 20 ft.), a raven (20 ft., fly 60 ft.), or a spider (20 ft., climb 20 ft.), or back into its true form. Its statistics are the same in each form, except for the speed changes noted. Any equipment it is wearing or carrying isn't transformed. It reverts to its true form if it dies.

Devil's Sight. Magical darkness doesn't impede the imp's darkvision.

Magic Resistance. The imp has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

Actions
Sting (Bite in Beast Form). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d4 + 3) piercing damage plus (3d6)poison damage. The target must make a DC 11 Constitution saving throw, taking the poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

Invisibility. The imp magically turns invisible until it attacks, or until its concentration ends (as if concentrating on a spell). Any equipment the imp wears or carries is invisible with it.

Bardic Inspiration
Use a bonus action on your turn to choose one creature other than yourself within 60 feet of you who can hear you. That creature gains one Bardic Inspiration die, a d6.

Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Bardic Inspiration die is rolled, it is lost. A creature can have only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier (5). You regain any expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Jack of All Trades
You can add half your proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.

Song of Rest
You can use soothing music or oration to help revitalize your wounded allies during a short rest. If you or any friendly creatures who can hear your performance regain hit points at the end of the short rest by spending one or more Hit Dice, each of those creatures regains an extra 1d6 hit points.

Expertise
Choose two of your skill proficiencies (Persuasion and Deception). Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.

-College of Spirits-

Guiding Whispers
You learn the Guidance cantrip, which doesn’t count against the number of bard cantrips you know. For you, it has a range of 60 feet when you cast it.

Spiritual Focus
You can use the following objects as a spellcasting focus for your bard spells: a candle, crystal ball, skull, spirit board, or tarokka deck.

Tales from Beyond
While you are holding your Spiritual Focus, you can use a bonus action to expend one use of your Bardic Inspiration and roll on the Spirit Tales table using your Bardic Inspiration die to determine the tale the spirits direct you to tell. You retain the tale in mind until you bestow the tale’s effect or you finish a short or long rest.

You can use an action to choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you (this can be you) to be the target of the tale’s effect. Once you do so, you can’t bestow the tale’s effect again until you roll it again.

You can retain only one of these tales in mind at a time, and rolling on the Spirit Tales table immediately ends the effect of the previous tale.

If the tale requires a saving throw, the DC equals your spell save DC.

ACTIONS

Eldritch Blast  Ranged Spell Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.  Hit: 1d10+5 force damage.

Light Crossbow  Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, 80/320 ft., one target.  Hit: 1d8+2 piercing damage.

Dagger  Thrown Weapon Attack:  +4 to hit, 20/60 ft., one target.  Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Dagger  Melee Weapon Attack:  +1 to hit, 20/60 ft., one target.  Hit: 1d4-1 bludgeoning damage.

Dagger  Melee Weapon Attack:  +4 to hit, one target.  Hit: 1d8+2 piercing damage.

FEATS

Strixhaven Initiate (Quandrix)
You learn two cantrips  and one 1st-level spell based on the college you choose. (Druidcraft, Mage Hand, Mage Armor)

You can cast the chosen 1st-level spell without a spell slot, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it in this way again. You can also cast the spell using any spell slots you have.

Shadow Touched
-Increase your Charisma by 1
-You learn the Invisibility and Ray of Sickness. You can cast each of these spells without expending a spell slot. Once you cast either of these spells in this way, you can't cast that spell in this way again until you finish a long rest. You can also cast these spells using spell slots you have of the appropriate level.

ASI: +2 charisma

SPELLS
Spells Slots
Bard Lv. 1:      4
Bard Lv. 2:      3
Warlock Lv. 2:  2

Cantrips

• Ray of Frost
  • Druidcraft
  • Mage Hand
  • Light
  • Mending
  • Minor Illusion
  • Prestidigitation
  • Guidance

Lv. 1 spells

• Sleep (bard)
  • Guiding Bolt (bard)
  • Healing Word (bard)
  • Silvery Barbs (bard)
  • Cure Wounds (bard)
  • Comprehend Languages (warlock)
  • Find Familiar (Warlock Pact)
  • Mage Armor (1/long rest)
  • Ray of Sickness(1/long rest)

Lv. 2 Spells

• Mirror Image (bard)
  • Silence (bard)
  • Misty Step (warlock)
  • Crown of Madness (warlock)
  • Spike Growth (warlock)
  • Suggestion (warlock)
  • Armor of Agathys (1/long rest)
  • Invisibility (1/long rest)

EQUIPMENT:

Armor:  Leather Armor
Weapons: Light Crossbow and 20 bolts, Daggers x2, Light Hammer, Rapier
Tools:  Cook's Utensils, Pan Flute, Ornate Lantern (Arcane Focus), Candle (Arcane Focus)
Equipment: Scholar's Pack, Entertainer's Pack, Disguise Kit, Ink and Pen, Abacus, Book of Arcane Theory, Uniform
Magic Items: Bag of Holding
Currency: 19 gold

EXTRA

Description: 5'4 - 145lbs

Background: The effeminate and hedonistic son of a wealthy merchant. He made a pact with the powerful genie Majin (nsfw), whose lantern he uncovered while attending Quandrix College, granting him mystical powers. His father recently used his influence to get him initiated as a member of the Lords Alliance.

Request Thread

Alleron

Is there still room for another potential player to pitch a concept or two?