British TERFs have started qouting Hitler.

Started by Missy, January 19, 2023, 06:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missy

At least she has anyway, the rest seem to be totally okay with this.

https://twitter.com/SpillerOfTea/status/1614710809745321984

I suppose it's not surprising, Trump served as a validation for Nazi's to come out in the open and so now people who have no other avenues to get support for their bull are turning to wherever they can. It's not the first time TERF's have gone to the far right for something they can't get support from real feminists for.

Humble Scribe

She's articulating the concept of the Big Lie, and suggesting that it's her opponents who are using it. It's not wrong to say that Hitler invented the concept, and it's been used very successfully by a certain former president who keeps on insisting he won an election he lost, against all the evidence, until a significant number of people believe it. But your headline makes it sound like she's approvingly quoting Hitler, when in fact she's instead effectively calling trans activists Nazis. By implying that she's pro-Nazi, aren't you in effect using the same reductio ad Hitlerum argument that she is?
The moving finger writes, and having writ,
Moves on:  nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Ons and Offs

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Humble Scribe on January 21, 2023, 07:24:26 AMBy implying that she's pro-Nazi, aren't you in effect using the same reductio ad Hitlerum argument that she is?
Sure seems like it. But then the horseshoe principle isn't disproven, either. In fact, it rears its ugly head every time passions run high...

Also, the "real feminists" line reminds me of the "no true Scotsman" fallacy at work. Those trans-exclusionary feminists sure sound like feminists to me, as a cis man.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Ozolosterna

Even if the Nazi Tropes were being invoked "appropriately", the fact that she resorted to Godwin's Law when discussing Transfems greatly devalues her credibility and the weight to her message. I am confident that many feminists have disavowed her for stooping to this, and plenty more self-respecting feminists would not deign to be associated with her in any capacity.

"The Big Lie". The way she assertively touted that on speakerphone is just... euuuuuch.

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Ozolosterna on January 23, 2023, 09:28:03 AM
Even if the Nazi Tropes were being invoked "appropriately", the fact that she resorted to Godwin's Law when discussing Transfems greatly devalues her credibility and the weight to her message.
True, but then the transfeministic reaction suffered from the exact same flaw, coupled with not paying attention to the message that's being disputed.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!