News:

Northern Town [L-H]
Congratulations SlowBurnGirl & Shengami for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dune 2d20 (Seeking GM and Group)

Started by wander, April 13, 2021, 05:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

We have room, yes. And I think this will go much more smoothly than John Carter. (No Combat Dice...)
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

evilnerf

Glad to hear!  I'm definitely interested in making some kind of Socialite (probably a Courtier or an Envoy)  I figure even a house of assassins would benefit from having a person of noble blood to help open doors for assassinations.

Elandra

That would work well with my character concept. I definitely wanted to work with an envoy. I was thinking of someone who likes to get up close and personal while wielding a knife but also has communication skills and can get along in high society environments. Perhaps she is a scion, related to the noble family, but not an heir or direct line.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

evilnerf

That works.  I'm happy to play an heir or direct member of the family (perhaps a daughter who was sent to school with the Bene Gesserit and has returned recently).  I would be happy to fill any of the following roles in the house:  Ruler, Consort, Heir, Envoy, Spymaster.

I know I'm late to the party so let me know what roles are already filled!

wander

I'm on the fence with continuing with this one.

I'm not a huge writer who'll do massive posts (I generally will do 2 paragraphs and a post total of 300 words) and whilst I'm not burned out, my
confidence is fairly low atm.

I'm still hovering around, though I feel if suddenly everyone is gonna do essay posts IC, I'm gonna get intimidated and flake...

Elandra

I think you should continue, your knowledge of Dune and the game is what brought us together. That being said it is of course your decision.

This is your game request and I don’t want to be taking your chance to play Dune away from you. I think there is the occasion to write big IC posts (introducing a character, setting, etc.) but when it comes down to describing actions or skills that will be short posts.

MadPanda

I certainly won't be grading you on length! Short is fine.

And in a punchy, high octane action sequence? Preferable.

In Memory of Bishrook

evilnerf

Yeah, I'm not a particularly long poster myself.  I prefer it when people are succinct and frequent as opposed to wordy and few and far between.

MadPanda

As Elandra can tell you, I am not a wall of text kind of panda.  ;D

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

Quote from: evilnerf on July 13, 2021, 04:44:07 PM
That works.  I'm happy to play an heir or direct member of the family (perhaps a daughter who was sent to school with the Bene Gesserit and has returned recently).  I would be happy to fill any of the following roles in the house:  Ruler, Consort, Heir, Envoy, Spymaster.

I know I'm late to the party so let me know what roles are already filled!

We haven't gotten to Roles yet. That was our next step assuming the proposed banner and crest are approved.

In Memory of Bishrook

evilnerf

>.> So you're saying I shouldn't have gone ahead and created a character already.  Whoops.

For the record, I like the name House Dorcha.

MadPanda

No, you're probably fine. You're just a bit ahead, that's all.

In Memory of Bishrook

evilnerf

I went ahead and did a mockup of Elandra's idea, and added a twist or two of my own.

Elandra

I like the mock-up, perhaps a thinner blade though?

evilnerf

I don't love it TBH.  I was going kinda for a 'Minimalist dagger that resembles a skyscraper with a smidge of horizon built in' and I do not care for chonky handle.

wander

Thanks for acceptance gang, I feel more comfortable continuing now.

Banner:
Needs more of a stiletto look. I think some red in the background (or a purple, blue?) would make it pop, like a half split with the black or perhaps a trim of some sort?

I haven't even thought of main character role for myself... I think I'd prefer a fighty person post, then fast-talker past that. Dueling, skirmish and espionage I'd love to see my character deal with in regards to Conflicts. Espionage conflicts are neat when set up as MGS sneaking/smuggling missions and even Intrigue has interesting mechanics when it comes to Disposition and Desires to allow for trades in mutual benefit rather than gutter sniping and character assassinations in courts like you'd see in say, Vampire.

evilnerf

I think we are sadly passing my artistic ability so I guess we'll have to imagine it from here.  Having a stiletto dagger seems a bit on the nose for me, but hey, I'm new to this party.

MadPanda

OOC is up in NC Human System Small Games. For some reason my iPad won’t let me pull the url so I will get it later, but it is the only Dune 2d20 game there at the moment

In Memory of Bishrook

evilnerf

Elandra

A link for those that don’t want to go find it.

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Malkavian

I do need to play this one day: head up a house within the Dune universe. Just need to study the rules and become more familiar with the setting.

MadPanda

You might also be interested in the Homeworld 2d20 game (preorders opened on Friday).  ;D

In Memory of Bishrook

Malkavian

Quote from: MadPanda on July 25, 2021, 04:56:17 PMYou might also be interested in the Homeworld 2d20 game (preorders opened on Friday).  ;D

I definitely am, since it's 2d20 and sci-fi, but know little enough about it to warrant buying the book.

MadPanda

The original RTS games are cool, but a bit on the tough side.

In Memory of Bishrook