You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 27, 2021, 02:32:28 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: It's a Wonderful Life (F for M character)  (Read 443 times)

Offline beanhollowTopic starter

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • Lead me to your temple...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
It's a Wonderful Life (F for M character)
« on: March 16, 2021, 09:26:56 pm »
Hello and welcome!
I have a specific plot-craving I just can't seem to get out of my mind, hence why I'm making a separate post for this plot.

If you've seen the Christmas movie "It's a Wonderful Life", that is what I am basing this plot-craving on.
There will be a few character/plot twists compared to the original plot that I am hoping we can collaborate on.
*It will be somewhat-useful if you have seen this movie, but you probably don't need it have seen it. I'm also open to other interpretations and therefore, if this plot tickles your fancy, please feel free to reach out.*

Things worth noting:
1. I write in third person. I tend to write 3+ paragraphs and am looking for a similar post length in my partners.
2. My current reply-rate on stories is slow. I need a partner who is ok with replies once a week, maybe every 10 days.
3. I am looking for a plot-driven story, focusing on character-chemistry and romance. Writer-gender is irrelevant to me.
4. Here is a link to my o/o to see if we are compatible. Here is a link to my original request thread which describes a little bit more about me as a writer.
5. If interested, **please contact me by PM**, not here on the thread. Thank you!

It's a Wonderful Life
General Info:
You will be playing your own modified version of the main character from the movie, George Bailey. I will be playing a modified version of "Clarence" the angel, except in this case, I will be be playing Claire, a female angel who comes down to earth to help George find his way in life.

I'd like to keep the opening for the movie pretty close to what will be depicted in our story, though I can be swayed if you have a tempting alternative.

I feel like I'm going to struggle explaining the plot so here are two Youtube videos linking to the intro of the movie:
Video 1:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
(This one is a great example for the dynamic I'm sorta going for as well as the opener)
Video 2:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

General Construct of a Storyline:
George Bailey (Your Character) is standing on a bridge, contemplating taking his life. Claire, (my character) is a level-two angel, being sent down from heaven to save him from the mistake he is about to make, appearing on the bridge next to him. George will find Claire to be quite the mesmerizing and odd character, just like Clarence himself (referring to the original Angel character from the movie). Claire will already know about his past and most of his life for that matter. It will certainly strike George odd to see a woman claiming to be his guardian angel, yet knowing so much about him already. Of course the other angels have prepared her for this journey and taught her all she needs to know about George Bailey. Not only was Claire sent down to earth to help George, but this is also a chance for her to prove herself as an angel who deserves her wings (after all...after 200 years without earning her wings...people in heaven are beginning to talk ;) )

I was also thinking that Claire would lack some of the social-norms when she lands back on earth as well. She will still appear as human seeing as she hasn't "earned her wings" yet. (Or perhaps she does have wings, but hasn't been approved as an official class 3 immortal angel or something. Maybe she's transitioning into a stronger angel or something- we can decide :) )

As far as where the story goes from here, I'm happy to discuss a variety of options with potentially interested partners. I'm really flexible on -a lot of this too. I mostly want to play a work-in-progress guardian angel and have her develop a relationship with your character.

One option for us: Just like in the movie, George could wish he was never born. Claire grants his wish, helping him realize his value in life. They could also walk back in time like the did in the movie, showing George all the points in his life where he did make a difference and is of value.

A second option could be a more modern approach, having Claire help guide him in his current life dilemmas and not going back in time. (Perhaps he's about to get fired from his job, or lose his business, but is also about to go through a divorce? Maybe a close relative has died?) There are a lot of options here.

The only thing I would like to incorporate as the story progresses would be a tight-knit relationship and bond between the two of them.
(If we happen to go the more modern-route for example: Perhaps Claire is there during a court hearing for the divorce, and perhaps she begins feeling more for George than an angel should for a human? Perhaps George learns about Claire's struggles before dying and becoming an angel and helps her reach closure from when she was human? Maybe George is more interested in helping her earn her wings, until he realizes she won't be coming back to earth once her wings are earned?) Or let's say we do take the more movie-line approach; What happens between George and Mary? Will Claire be hurt when she realizes he's already in love with someone else? Or is he even in love with her?
Will her sins as an Angel make her run from her true feelings for George? Surely that will weigh on her as the heavens look down upon her.

Perhaps after the two fall in love, Claire never does earn her wings and is turned back into a human in the modern world?

Again, many many options for us to discuss and brainstorm! I'm mostly looking for a supportive relationship through life struggles, and watching our characters grow closer and closer as the days pass by, crossing the lines between a guardian angel protecting her human, and two beings who love one another.

I really just want George Bailey to lasso the moon for Claire ;D

Thank you for taking a look and reading my ideas. Please feel free to contact me over PM with any questions or interest you may have!
-Bean

« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 11:17:53 am by beanhollow »

Offline beanhollowTopic starter

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • Lead me to your temple...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: It's a Wonderful Life (F for M character)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 11:20:49 am »
Bumping this idea  :-)

Mostly looking for a guardian angel (MC) and a a human (YC) dynamic. Looking for romance and character development and am open to adding specific kinks of dynamics on top of the general plot layout.