You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 17, 2021, 03:27:35 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Question for people familiar with Boston  (Read 478 times)

Offline AndyZTopic starter

• Legate
  • Addict
  • RL>RP
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Question for people familiar with Boston
« on: December 15, 2020, 01:30:23 pm »
So, I’m working on running an urban fantasy game with two people who aren’t on E.  I had plans for them to do something that would, basically, fulfill a prophecy of “watch the stars fall like stones from the sky,” and, players being players, they went off on a tangent.

Are there any places in Boston with famous decor that looks like stars way up on buildings, or anything like that?

Appreciation for anyone who knows enough about Boston to suggest something.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia - Happy Spooking!
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!!!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Question for people familiar with Boston
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 02:26:53 pm »
I asked Mr. Oniya, who grew up in the area, but he can't recall anything up high.  He suggested looking into the buildings along the Freedom Trail.

I did find a massive pavement star in front of Faneuil Hall, but that's sort of 'already fallen'.

• Legate
  • Addict
  • RL>RP
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 02:55:35 pm »
Thank you kindly.

Offline Nimmy

• The Nimsical Nimmy-Rex
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 07:26:30 pm »
So this one is a bit goofy, but the Star Market overpass on the Mass Turnpike is used as a landmark in the traffic reports if there's a particularly bad accident, so... ::)

Brain thought the Citgo sign outside Fenway was a star for as long as it took me to run a google search, but alas, it's a triangle. Old South Church has a couple of stained glass windows that could creatively be considered stars, but I'd advise taking a look at a couple angles and making your own determination. Otherwise there's Freemason lodges around, but I've never heard them being used as major landmarks. Take my input with a grain of salt - I grew up outside the city and never spent a lot of time meandering about in town. We're a city of glass towers, ugly 1970s concrete monstrosities (seriously, look up City Hall), and stately historic architecture that's a lot of columns and brickwork but not many symbols.

• Legate
  • Addict
  • RL>RP
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 07:50:59 pm »
So this one is a bit goofy, but the Star Market overpass on the Mass Turnpike is used as a landmark in the traffic reports if there's a particularly bad accident, so... ::)

Brain thought the Citgo sign outside Fenway was a star for as long as it took me to run a google search, but alas, it's a triangle. Old South Church has a couple of stained glass windows that could creatively be considered stars, but I'd advise taking a look at a couple angles and making your own determination. Otherwise there's Freemason lodges around, but I've never heard them being used as major landmarks. Take my input with a grain of salt - I grew up outside the city and never spent a lot of time meandering about in town. We're a city of glass towers, ugly 1970s concrete monstrosities (seriously, look up City Hall), and stately historic architecture that's a lot of columns and brickwork but not many symbols.

I can use this ^_^ Thank you.