Rebel Scum - small Star Wars group game

Started by RedEve, December 12, 2020, 04:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

I am feeling something of a Star Wars itch for the first time in a long while.

My intention is to work out the details of the setting if/when I find enough interest.

The basic outlines of the story: we follow the adventures of a rebel faction fighting the Empire within a single planetary system.
I'm leaning towards creating an original star system and planets instead of using anything canon.

There will be two things I will avoid in this game, if it does get off the ground:

- No Jedi characters. There have been enough other games who allow them and they turn out to become the main focus when they should not be. I'm looking for a game with the regular grunts who get the job done, not the force-wielding divas who get all of the attention and plaudits.  :P
- No Mandalorians: Considering the extreme hype of the Disney+ series, I would assume that many people would want to play such a character as well, so to avoid that I am banning them too. Sorry.

Other than that, any background or SW race would be allowed. Deserted Imperials, smugglers turned resistance fighters, cynical opportunists who use the rebellion to their own advantages, ordinary citizens wanting revenge on the Empire, ...

I don't like group games that get too big so I would cap this as around half a dozen players.

Feel free to brainstorm or whatever in here, but if you have genuine interest in joining, send me a PM.

Above is my proposal for the planetary system where the story should take place:

Short description of each planet:

Odund
A barren rock, which would have remained that way if not for valuable mineral deposits which have been mined for over 100 years now.
It has created several mining towns of various levels of prosperity, the largest of which is Tur, which has around 100K inhabitants.
Crime is pretty rife across the planet and the Empire has no real desire to police the in-fighting, unless it threatens the yield of the various mining operations.

Emant
A lush jungle world which used to attract smugglers and low-lives until the Empire arrived. The Empire now has a strong presence on the planet, with well-outfitted barracks on various continents.
The former criminal element is still present but has largely gone underground (sometimes literally).
The primary income of the regular citizens on Emant is earned through farming. Emant essentially feeds the entire system.

Masivaa
A gas giant and the primary hub of Imperial power in the system, due to the presence of their space station in its orbit, the Vanadian Knot. Besides several TIE fighter squadrons ready to deploy at any moment, it's also the base of operations for the officer in charge of this sector, Commodore Kaidin Teff. The Empire is also mining Masivaa itself for resources though no one outside of the station knows exactly what they are siphoning off from the planet.

Shalso
Prior to the arrival of the Empire, Shalso was more or less the personal fiefdom of a Hutt by the name of Voba the Hutt. Voba fled shortly after the Empire put the system under their boots.
In the power vacuum, several factions fought for control of Shalso, until the Empire bombed much of its capital city of Vasti to put a stop to the endless skirmishes. Life is now very harsh for what remains of the original population of Shalso and anti-Empire sentiment is understandably very high.

Character sheet template

[float=right][img with=200 padding=10](insert image link here)[/img][/float]
[b][size=14pt](insert name here)[/size][/b]
[b]Race:[/b] (insert race here)
[b]Background:[/b] (how did the character arrive where they currently are? Just a short backstory)

Send CS submission through PMs
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

RedEve

Updated opening post with a setting for the game.

RedEve

RedEve

Have approved four characters so far. If anyone else was planning to submit a CS to me, please do so.

RedEve

RedEve

Could the people who have approved characters but who have not yet moved them to the character topic do so, please?

I should have sent everyone a PM already too, but putting the message her too just in case.