You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 24, 2020, 01:00:51 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Insanity has an evil plotbunny [M for F]  (Read 270 times)

Offline InsanityenviesmeTopic starter

Insanity has an evil plotbunny [M for F]
« on: August 02, 2018, 05:54:59 PM »
If you'll forgive and indulge the ramblings of my mind for a few moments...

I've been thinking about a roleplay between a father and a daughter - could be step or adopted or even newly-discovered - both of whose lives are mired in dysfunction.

He would be a down-on-his-luck sex therapist, positing theories so far out of the box that neither his peers nor society in general recognises him, leading to a deep-seated feelings of inadequacy and a long-standing relationship with drugs. Perhaps the thing that sets him off could be the stealing of one of his hypotheses, it subsequent publishing and then celebration by the community at large.

None of this means he would remain docile, or become cruel, for that matter. I'm just fond of his character being treated like a second-class citizen because I hope it would lend reason to his being drawn to his daughter during a singular moment of extreme stress. And contributing to this moment would be the albatross she carries on her back. I'm happy to let my partner come up with their own suggestions but it might be a good idea to have it relate to her feeling let down and alone, such as a break up of an engagement or even death.

Both characters - without their knowledge - are searching for intimacy and in the course of one particular bust up - there are bound to be many when two people with so many demons live under one roof - their bodies just clash into each other like meteors in space. It is this moment that I most want to explore; how something so unlikely comes about and where things go from there.

PM me if interested. Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 06:22:41 AM by Insanityenviesme »