5e DND - A Few Short Adventures

Started by Lyku, May 29, 2018, 08:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wander

I never know where to go with concept...

... I'd go archery rogue or play with being a Sorceror or Warlock, though dunno what kind of character to be yet.

greenknight

Quote from: wander on May 30, 2018, 03:43:07 PM
I never know where to go with concept...

... I'd go archery rogue or play with being a Sorceror or Warlock, though dunno what kind of character to be yet.
Think of someone who fits in a pulp jungle adventure. An archery rogue gets me thinking of John Hannah's character, Jonathon Carnahan, in The Mummy franchise.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

wander

I do kinda like Shar being there.

I'm also veering towards Necromancer Wizard, as I've wanted to play one for a while and having a link to the SpiritLords of Ubtao seems a decent hook for that.

Yes, my edgelord side is piquing.  :-)

RedPhoenix

Vistra Copperrune

Class/Level: Cleric 1
Background: Guild Artisan (Smiths and Metalforgers)
Race: Hill Dwarf
Alignment: Lawful Good

Ideals: It is the duty of all civilized people to strengthen the bonds of community and the security of civilization
Bonds: The workshop where I learned my trade is the most important place in the world to me
Flaws: I'll do anything to get my hands on something rare or priceless
Personality: I believe anything worth doing is worth doing right, I'm a perfectionist

Height: 4'3"
Weight: 165 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Tan
Hair: Brown

Stats

Armor Class: 18 (chainmail + shield)
Initiative: 0
Speed: 25' (not reduced by heavy armor)
Passive Perception: 13
Hit Point Maximum: 12
Hit Dice: 1d8
Proficiency Bonus: +2

Attributes

Str: 14 (+2) Dex: 10 (0) Con: 16 (+3) Int: 8 (-1) Wis: 16 (+3) Cha: 10 (0)

Saving Throws

Proficiencies: WIS, CHA

Str: +2  Dex:Con: +3  Int: -1  Wis: +5  Cha: +2

Skills

Proficiencies: Insight, Medicine, Persuasion, Religion

Acrobatics (Dex): 0 Animal Handling (Wis): +3 Arcana (Int): -1 Athletics (Str): +2 Deception (Cha): 0 History (Int): -1 Insight (Wis): +5 Intimidation (Cha): 0 Investigation (Int): -1 Medicine (Wis): +5 Nature (Int): -1 Perception (Wis): +3 Performance (Cha): 0 Persuasion (Cha): +2 Religion (Int): +1 Sleight of Hand (Dex): 0 Stealth (Dex): 0 Survival (Wis): +3

Stealth Checks at Disadvantage due to Heavy Armor, History affected by Stonecunning

Languages: Common, Dwarvish, Gnomish
Weapon Proficiences: Battleaxe, Handaxe, Light Hammer, Warhammer, Simple Weapons
Armor Proficiencies: Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields, Heavy Armor
Toolkits: Jeweler's Tools, Smith's Tools, Tinker's Tools

Features and Traits:

Guild Membership: You can rely on certain benefits from guild membership including food and lodging and access to guildhalls.

Darkvision: 60'

Dwarven Resilience: Adv on Saves v. Poison. Resistance to Poison Damage.

Stonecunning: When you make history checks related to stonework, you are considered proficient and add double proficiency bonus. (+4)

Dwarven Toughness: Max hp increases by +1 each level.

Spellcasting: Prepare from Cleric list spells equal to WIS (3) plus level (1). Change on long rest. Regain slots on long rest. Can ritual cast cleric spells. Can use holy symbol as focus.

Forge Domain:
Domain Spells: Always prepared, count as cleric spells.
1st Level: Identify, Searing Smite
3rd Level: Heat Metal, Magic Weapon
5th Level: Elemental Weapon, Protection From Energy
7th Level: Fabricate, Wall of Fire
9th level: Animate Objects, Creation

Blessing of the Forge: At the end of a long rest touch one nonmagical armor or weapon, until next long rest object is a magic item granting +1 AC or +1 attack and damage.

Spells

Spellcasting Ability: WIS
Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Bonus: +5
Levels/Slots: 2/2 1st Level

Cantrips:: Guidance, Mending, Sacred Flame

Prepared Spells: Bless, Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word
Domain Spells: Identify, Searing Smite

Attacks/Spellcasting:

Warhammer
+4 to hit
1d8+2/1d10+2 damage (versatile, bludgeoning)

Light Crossbow
+2 to hit (80/320, loading, two handed)
1d8 damage (piercing)

Searing Smite
Bonus Action, Concentration, up to 1 minute
Next Melee hit deals +1d6 fire damage and ignites target, at the start of each turn must make a CON save or suffer 1d6 damage, on successful save spell ends, fire can be pout out with an action.
If cast at higher level deal +1d6 per spell slot

Sacred Flame
Action, 60'
Target makes DEX save or takes 1d8 radiant damage. Increases to 2d8 at 5th, 3d8 at 11th, and 4d8 at 17th levels

Guiding Bolt
Action, 120', Ranged Spell Attack
On Hit target takes 4d6 Radiant Damage and next attack roll made against it is with advantage
Add +1d6 for each level cast above 1st

Equipment:

Set of Traveler's Clothes
Warhammer
Chainmail
Light Crossbow (20 Bolts)
Shield
Holy Symbol

Backpack
Letter of Introduction from Guild
Smith's Tools
Bedroll, Messkit, Tinderbox, 10 Days of Rations
10 Torches
Waterskin
50' Hemp Rope

15 gp

Randomly Rolled Background Just For Fun!

Parents: You know who your parents are
Birthplace: Home
Siblings: 4
Birth Order: Youngest
Family: Single Mother
Absent Parent: Died - Murdered
Family Lifestyle: Poor
Childhood Home: On the Streets
Child Memories: A few close friends, an ordinary childhood

I Became a Guild Artisan: By being apprenticed to a master who taught me the guild's business
I Became a Cleric: When I realized my god works through me, and I do as commanded, even though I don't know why I was chosen to serve.

Life Events: Gained a Bit of Good Fortune
Boon: A friendly wizard gave you a spell scroll containing 1 cantrip (gave it to her mom to sell)

So, she was born to a well off family, but they fell into poverty when her father was murdered when she was young and they became homeless. She was a gifted smith and tinker and her skills were noticed by a Forge Priest who took her in as her apprentice and taught her the ways of Moradin. The god chose to bless her with his divine power and she now goes to right wrongs and make her fortune to lift her mother and four brothers out of poverty.

Sweet. :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Lyku

So for the three people who have submitted their character sheet so far, everything looks good. This will be a series of Adventures, so if there are individuals who are not sure and end up missing it and adventure, they are able to catch up. Each adventure group can only have up to seven players and can work with a minimum of three. I would like to get things started today. For me right now it is 8 a.m. and at 11 a.m. I will be putting up the first post. My goal is to put up at least one post each day to keep the story on track, but if all players get up a response, I will add additional responses. Once the post is up, for this first Adventure, recruitment will remain open until 11 a.m. tomorrow, which is where I should be posting the second post.

For combat, I use a few rules that make it easier in my opinion for forums. Block initiative will be used, which means that all the heroes will act at the same time and all the villains will act at the same time. I give players the benefit of the doubt, meaning players will always act first. For combat posts, please give your combat actions 4 increments of 3 turns and feel free to discuss with each other if you want to coordinate and up until my post, you are welcome to edit your posts. I know Combat on forums can drag out and I feel by doing this it's can minimize that Madness.

This way of potential combat doesn't end up taking close to a week on a worst-case scenario. If a target in your later rounds is no longer there, I'll p.m. to allow supposed to be edited to reflect that, such as if you are all Focus firing and kill one of your targets on the first or second round instead of choosing your new Target myself.

If players would prefer to go one round at a time, that is fine but I do know that it can take more time.  I am not hurting before content for the series of Adventures.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

RedPhoenix

Updated my sheet, thanks greenknight for pointing out that I can take chainmail instead of scale mail. :)

As for the proposed rules, I'm down to try it out but keep in mind three rounds can be the entire party getting killed at first level. And a lot of higher levels for that matter. 5e turns can be very swingy in my experience but hey let's see what happens.

Lyku

We can do single rounds as well. That is fine.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Lyku

I forgot that each character can choose to be a member of one of the 5 major factions.  There are benefits for joining a faction, but it is not mandatory.  If you have questions regarding them, you can find information regarding them here:

http://dnd.wizards.com/dungeons-and-dragons/story/factions

RedPhoenix

I could see Vistra being in the Order of the Gauntlet.

Lyku

Sorry this took longer than expected.  The background info I felt was important and that took some time.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=288611.0

nomadsoul

Sansha Hamaz (W.I.P.)
CN Female Human Sorcerer 1 (Mythweavers)
Background: Courtier.
Sorcerous Origin: Draconic Bloodline (Gold Dragon)
Sexuality: Hetero; switch.

Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 135 lbs.

Appearance: Sansha is an imperious looking woman, proud of bearing and carriage.  Her mixed Calishite and Chultan heritage shines through in the thickness of her midnight hair and dusky complexion that seems dusted with gold (small gold dragon scales).

Personality: Gracious and magnanimous at most times, Sansha always seems somewhat impatient when idle, yet relaxed when stressed.  Gold holds a special place in her thoughts, and she is more receptive when it is offered (in the form of jewelry, rather than coins).  Anyone who speaks to her for more than a few minutes can tell that the fires of ambition burn brightly in her soul, and is someone capable of making harsh decisions without flinching or sparing sympathy.  She is impressed by individuals who are capable, and borderline contemptuous of those who cling to or stand in the shadow of others.

Hp: 8; AC: 16
Saving Throws: Con +3, Cha +5
Skills: Deception +5, Intimidation +5, Persuasion +5, Stealth +5

Languages: Celestial, Common, Draconic, Primordial, Sylvan