You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 19, 2020, 11:13:13 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawlers (DnD 5e)  (Read 1480 times)

Offline PremierTopic starter

Dungeon Crawlers (DnD 5e)
« on: January 03, 2018, 04:30:58 PM »
At the heart of the city of "Fate and Fortune" lies the Tesseract, an ancient device that can whisk adventurers away to seemingly infinite mystic realms in the search for treasure, knowledge or more. Those groups lucky enough to return often return with incredible wealth and become legends in their own time. Many hardy groups have trained hard for years together to make this fateful journey, the best of the very best

You're not that.

Instead you're a small handful of people too desperate, eager or guilty (It does double as a rather effective justice system) to resist the call of the Tesseract and the fabled prizes that may lie within, or the fame without if you survive! Friendships will have to be hastily forged because in the Tesseract you stand together or you'll die alone.

Looking for 4-5 players for a simple Dungeon Crawl game of DnD using the Tales from the Yawning Portal supplement, which are a bunch of old famous DnD dungeons (Yes the last one is Tomb of Horrors, but we probably won't get that far)

Going for a proper adventurer band tone. You may eat some of the dungeons denziens if you need to, it's the sort of thing adventurers do. Probably sleep with some of the others because that's ALSO the sort of thing adventurers do.

Chargen just want a character pitch, though if you're keen we're starting at Level 1 and you can use Dice Roll or Point Gen for stats.

World is an open blank slate for you, so feel free to write up your own background and nation you hail from. Only requirement is to have some reason you sought out the Tesseract, be it a lust for fortune and fame or because you're a criminal being thrown by the council of Fate and Fortune who theorize any criminal gutsy enough to make it back out probably wasn't going to stay in a jail anyway.

Be going on the Exotic - Light forums. It's more straight DnD with optional and probably rare sexy bits.

Any other questions just ask, I hammered this all out pretty quick!

Offline Chulanowa

Re: Dungeon Crawlers (DnD 5e)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 04:35:38 PM »
-Squee- I love dungeon crawls, I really like 5E, and dour-dimensional cubes are kinda cool too i guess!

Offline PervCelebre

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 05:04:42 PM »
I’m down!

Offline TheFourthShade

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 05:13:47 PM »
I'll pitch my idea before I forget it.

A Dwarf Fighter aristocrat who is going into the Tesseract to make enough money to escape her arranged marriage and go anywhere but Fate and Fortune.  I don't know what she specializes in, but I figure it'll be ranged combat but don't quote me.

Offline Green Goo Theory

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 05:14:39 PM »
That's a kickass idea.  Incidentally that's the one adventure path book for 5e I don't have.  I'm at work so I'll work on a pitch for when I get home. 

Offline Guancyto

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 05:26:21 PM »
Robot capitalist!

A Warforged Wizard, who was basically a steward/stock market bot run amok that ran a giant Ponzi scheme that cheated a crazy number of people.

She's down with the dungeons thing because there exists a tiny possibility that any given dungeon contains nigh-infinite rewards, and thus taking the odds into account it substantially beats capital investment. Or, y'know, prison.

Somebody really needed to program her better.

Offline Thorne

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 05:41:44 PM »
Huhn. I .. might be interested.
I've been wanting to muck about with 5e anyway, and I know precisely sod all nothin' about the mentioned modules. So! Win!

Give me a few to find a concept in the folder...

Offline Green Goo Theory

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 07:14:27 PM »
Any material that's prohibited such as Unearthed Arcana?  Anything else? 

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 07:33:05 PM »
No unless it's something clearly taking the piss to powergame, but I don't know of anything like that!

Offline Autocad

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 07:42:54 PM »
Ooh, I have a half elven rogue thieves guild member I'd like to try. Because keeping a rogue in jail is a lost cause so they get thrown into the tesseract.

Offline Green Goo Theory

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 08:31:04 PM »
No unless it's something clearly taking the piss to powergame, but I don't know of anything like that!

So far WotC has done prety good preventing that in 5e.  Aside from a few weird powergaming combos I've seen on youtube (most of which don't seem to add up or actually work) I haven't found much of anything in the way of being OP.  Mostly looked to prepare myself when I first started 5e so I could keep an eye on certain players that announce "I'm going to play an XYZ!".  In 3.5 I knew enough to usually spot a pretty OP combo pretty quick but not so much 5e. 

Offline ShadowFox89

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 11:28:06 PM »
Putting in my interest

Offline DomJoe

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 11:51:08 PM »
I've got an idea for an Oath of Conquest Red Dragonborn Paladin that might suit this adventure nicely... they would definitely fit into the "too eager" category, hungry for fame, fortune, and dominance over all monster... and some of the other adventurers too.

I'm going to assume that for dice rolling, it would be 4d6 drop lowest? Anything else we should be aware of during character creation?

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2018, 12:46:19 AM »
4d6 drop lowest is fine!

Not sure there’s that much you can really add onto a level 1 gen. It’s very basic!

Offline PervCelebre

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2018, 06:02:39 AM »
For the record, I would like to start at Level 1, I think.

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 07:28:13 AM »
Well you will be starting at level 1, so that’s good.

Group is gonna be 5 it seems so not everyone can be taken. I got 2 slots left to fill as some were done before I even made the post so make those pitches!

We already got a Wizard, Fighter and a Bard so bagsying other classes is probably wise!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:14:51 AM by Premier »

Offline PervCelebre

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 07:29:38 AM »
I can be the tank!

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 08:20:10 AM »
The three usual roles are covered so play what you like!

Offline Thorne

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 10:32:29 AM »
Hrm. Well, let's see how this flies.

Kriat, half-orc Druid

Kriat wasn't raised by wolves, although the druids who did raise her tell her it was a near thing. She doesn't handle the peaceful aspects of the job so well ... and politics? Politics are so far beyond her it's a wonder she was only exiled. Her general lack of tact - and civilized manners - had a big hand in her getting into the Tesseract.

While 'do this or face a fate worse than death' isn't the way she wanted to go in, getting in was the point, and so Kriat isn't worried. Now. .. if the legends are true, and the Root of the First Tree /is/ there... maybe she can bring it back and finally put paid to the lying pinkskin bastard that had her thrown out in the first place....

Offline DomJoe

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 01:52:35 PM »
I’m fine with a reroll if it’s just bad. No reason to make people play something miserable

Offline TheFourthShade

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 02:24:48 PM »
I didn't polish anything, but I got a very basic Great Weapon Fighter set up.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1447331

Offline Chulanowa

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 03:05:49 PM »
I'm going to be cooking up a roguish character with point buy (though actual class might end up being Monk or Warlock, rather than "Rogue") - I just gotta decide if I want to  make him a
halfling
or
tabaxi