You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 23, 2021, 04:34:37 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

"We are adopting policies regarding misinformation and fascism."
Please Read, and stay safe.

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: PM Labels are broken for me.  (Read 622 times)

Offline BlytheTopic starter

PM Labels are broken for me.
« on: December 13, 2017, 12:08:33 AM »
I can no longer remove labels, create labels, or rename labels. Not sure what happened. <_<

I figure given that Elkarte will roll out at some point that the new system'll probably be better for PM organization, but it has been troublesome currently being unable to use labels, as being unable to use them has made it exceedingly hard to keep up with PMs for group games I GM. Any way for me to get my labels fixed at the moment? :)

Edit: Slight addendum. Apparently I can try to create one label, but it results in the creation of a new label and a blank label. I was able to remove these two new labels. But I still have two phantom labels that are just always present that cannot be renamed at all, no matter what.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 12:34:44 AM by Blythe »

Offline Oreo

• Centurion ~Clotho~ ~ALWAYS HUGGABLE~ Doddering Ailurophile ^_^
  • Guardian
  • Carnite
  • Location: gettin outta bed, waging war with the voices in my head
  • Peace - Inspire positivity.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: PM Labels are broken for me.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 08:49:25 AM »
Did you try renaming or deleting a label before all of this began? Messing with established labels almost always leads to breakage. >_> Veks and another member are now currently residing under one label now for the efforts of me trying to make my labels more organized.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 12:19:56 PM »
Yep, unfortunately.

Technically my label issue has been going on for a while, has just taken me a while to mention anything. Kept forgetting. I keep remembering every time I lose a PM and wish I could organize them better. >_<

Offline Oreo

• Guardian
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 02:21:44 PM »
I ended up making the default for all my labels being my Inbox. When they arrive there I shuffle them to their proper label after reading and responding. Anything that still needs attention stays in my inbox until taken care of. I don't know if that would be of any help or not.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 04:25:58 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm frozen with two blank labels that I can't rename in any way, and I'm a bit gunshy of using blank labels for things.

I could try to just make new labels but given that I can't create a new label without a new blank on appearing, am sort of in a bit of a bind about using labels at all.

Offline Oreo

• Guardian
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 05:43:06 PM »
Blarggg, maybe it will self fix or be able to start fresh on the new system when we have it. I haven't made any new labels in a LONG time.