You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

July 16, 2018, 09:54:03 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Keyboard Formatting Shortcuts in Chrome  (Read 447 times)

Offline RenoTopic starter

Keyboard Formatting Shortcuts in Chrome
« on: November 21, 2017, 11:53:39 PM »
Back when I used Firefox or Palemoon, I used to be able to use keyboard shortcuts to insert formatting codes (Ctrl-B for [ b ][ /b ], Ctrl-I[ I ][ /I ], etc..) Since I had to move to Chrome, I noticed that doesn't work anymore. I've tried in Incognito and on a clean install. Curiously, Alt-S to submit and Alt-P to preview still seem to work. Anyone know if they're just not supported in chrome, or if I maybe screwed something up somewhere?

Offline Vekseid

Re: Keyboard Formatting Shortcuts in Chrome
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 02:19:50 PM »
The current editor code is ancient. It uses a number of really old hacks that are no longer standard.

Will hopefully be resolved once we are upgraded.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 02:31:03 PM »
The current editor code is ancient. It uses a number of really old hacks that are no longer standard.

Will hopefully be resolved once we are upgraded.

Thanks. At least I can stop messing around with browser settings then.

Offline Ket

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 12:04:34 AM »
Run AutoHotKey. You can set certain keys to do anything you want. You can turn keys on and off (like me, who keeps my capslock key turned off). You can even set up your mouse to do whatever you want through it. https://autohotkey.com/

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 12:07:52 AM »
I love AHK. I've used it for Windows gaming for years. Sadly, it doesn't run under Linux (GalliumOS on my chromebook)

Offline Ket

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 08:59:31 PM »
There's IronAHK and Autokey for Linux, but I'm pretty sure IronAHK hasn't been updated in a couple of years. Not entirely sure about Autokey.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 11:30:54 PM »
There's IronAHK and Autokey for Linux, but I'm pretty sure IronAHK hasn't been updated in a couple of years. Not entirely sure about Autokey.

This little thing doesn't have the juice for Mono or GTK/QT, apparently. I'm not that surprised, it was a $100 microlaptop made for running a web browser. :)

I think I may spend some time this weekend taking Sseith's approach and seeing if it's something I can accomplish with a UserScript