You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 25, 2018, 10:44:58 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Trouble in Paradise [EX]
Congratulations Gman001 and saphireMARIE for completing your RP!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Is there a place for this?  (Read 314 times)

Offline Gaaron01234Topic starter

Is there a place for this?
« on: June 02, 2017, 01:54:49 PM »
I've recently been craving to do something in a similar style as Ms paint adventures, but in text form.
Thats is to say, one main author who writes the story but the readers steer the actions through their comments that get relayed to the character via the author.
Now, I know that this isn't really a role play in the traditional sense but I was still wondering if there was a subforum somewhere in here where I could give this a try.

Offline Ket

Re: Is there a place for this?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 02:02:04 PM »
Oddly enough, I just saw a request similar to this in One-on-One Requests yesterday. If there will be any activity that is above the PG-13 rating, I would suggest putting it there. If the story will stay PG-13 and below, you could put it in the Non-Adult section.

Offline Gaaron01234Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 02:13:25 PM »
Well yeah, one on one would be easy but I don't really want to limit this to only allowing the invited chosen to comment.
And I'm aware of the age rating sections thank you very much.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 02:17:18 PM »
It looks like it falls somewhere between a group game and a socializing thread.  Group games usually have a finite number of players where the GM is in control and socializing threads are open to everyone and pretty much anything goes with the structure originally set up. 

You'll have to decide which one fits your needs best and how to encourage the most participation.