You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 25, 2016, 07:06:14 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
October & November 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Rejection  (Read 590 times)

Offline AragemTopic starter

« on: December 28, 2008, 03:23:52 PM »
Okay, now I have to talk about something I am very uncomfortable about.

I set up a game, and someone applies to get a part.  Now I am very picky about who I RP with.  I want people who have decent writing skills.  I take time to look at previous posts to see if their writing is what I like before I offer or accept a game. 

Now someone has offered to play a game that I posted in players wanted thread.  I looked at the previous posts and I wasn't impressed. 

So the part I hate is writing a rejection.  What is the best way to go about this? 

I hate to say that I don't like their writing skills.  It's like telling a guy you don't want to have sex with him because his penis is small. 

I want to have fun when I RP with somone.  IF someone gives me choppy writing that looks like a fifth grader wrote, then. . . I'm very unhappy.

Offline Greenthorn

Re: Rejection
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 03:26:13 PM »

Offline Caeli

Re: Rejection
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 05:31:39 PM »
Just be honest, and tell them that you're looking for someone else, and that you don't think your writing styles would match very well. It happens, but I've found that the best way to prevent yourself from getting into a roleplay that you won't enjoy, is just to be straight about it from the start.