You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

March 03, 2021, 12:08:29 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [LF1M] Funnel World -- gritty, dangerous adventures (Monstergirls?)  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Sally Aces

Nice with the name... hmmm... given it, I'm thinking the problem should reflect it... I'm thinking the undead... the only thing worse then grief is when the dead come home

Marrose's Rest (Demonym: Marrosean)

Prosperity: Poor
Population: Steady
Defenses: Militia
Resource: ________ (See DW P. 210)
Additional Tag : Divine -- The village was built on a site of religious significance

Problem: The village has a monster problem: Blight (reanimated corpses), Need (adventurers).

Major Buildings, Landmarks, Terrain Features:
1. ________
2. ________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________

Inspirational Pictures:
1. http://pre14.deviantart.net/0f52/th/pre/f/2015/230/3/2/european_medieval_village_by_klauspillon-d9667s2.jpg
2. ________
[/quote]

Offline pdragon

I'd be interested in joining in if you're still open to new players.

Offline nonniemouseTopic starter

Yup, we're still recruiting new players!  Robyn and I had a discussion and this is quite the sort of game she's looking for, so she's going to be bowing out.  Ideally, I'd prefer 4 players, but we'll go forward with 3 as well.  Have a look at them and if you're on board, jump right in with village creation.  I'll forward you the PDFs too, if you need them.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:31:30 pm by nonniemouse »

Offline wander

• That Based Brit-lad // Geek-Nerd in a T-shirt // Come and Message Me
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Degrader, Daddy, Sadist, Master to Noone.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Added a tavern, every village has to a tavern/inn!

Additional Tag : Divine -- The village was built on a site of religious significance

Problem: The village has a monster problem: Blight (reanimated corpses), Need (adventurers).

1. The Tavern the villagers drink at after work.
2. ________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________

Inspirational Pictures:
1. http://pre14.deviantart.net/0f52/th/pre/f/2015/230/3/2/european_medieval_village_by_klauspillon-d9667s2.jpg
2. ________

Offline pdragon

never mind
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 03:53:32 pm by pdragon »

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Makes sense, I have a Goatherd from my three myself and Sally has a crofter (sheep farmer) ^__^

I've added additional information to the original thread regarding the usual group game topic.  I had forgotten to include it since we turn the thread from an interest check to a recruitment thread.  Sorry for the confusion!  I hope nothing there is too surprising.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 04:23:54 pm by nonniemouse »

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Re: [LF1M] Funnel World -- gritty, dangerous adventures (Monstergirls?)
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2017, 04:37:41 pm »
I'm fine with the extra things mentioned in the OP.

One thing I did notice was that you as the GM would be doing all the rolls, that's fine by me. *nods*

However just to put the rules-lawyer hat on to play devil's advocate for a second, default DW has the players do all rolls, the GM usually makes no rolls at all (players roll for damage on their characters if a monster successfully attacks them etc). So it doesn't break the system as it's meant to be played like that. ^^

I'm fine with you doing all the rolls, just thought I'd point that out is all.  :-)

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2017, 04:50:56 pm »
default DW has the players do all rolls, the GM usually makes no rolls at all (players roll for damage on their characters if a monster successfully attacks them etc).

Yeah!  I've actually thought long and hard about "breaking" that rule.  Here's my rationale: The spirit in which that rule was made is to evoke a certain dice feel at the table.  It puts the fate in the players' hands, and removes the "mysterious / antagonistic GM screen" feel from the game.  I don't feel those translate especially well to a PbP game (or even a Roll20 chat game).

It also lets them bail out of a roll by negotiating an alternative ("Oh, would that be a Defy Danger +STR?  Maybe I could use +CON instead because ___.").  This is an important quality, and I think it is preserved by having the OOC prompt for when players are intending to trigger a move.

So I'm willing to make the small dice feel sacrifice in the name of speeding up the game, by reducing the number of "waiting for GM / player X" prompts  :)

Edit: Also, I may not be doing all the rolls, I may tell you a move is triggered and to roll and narrate the appropriate result.  Or I may give you the option to do a roll.  I just want to make sure that the "roll dice" prompt is accompanied by a meaningful option that is worth pausing the game flow for.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 04:53:02 pm by nonniemouse »

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2017, 04:54:54 pm »
Makes sense, great rationale! ^^

I think also you'll have more system-new players feel more comfortable they don't need to wrestle with the dicebot too, tbh...  ;D

Oh, I just noticed pdragon edited their village change out...

Oh, I guess it's my turn.  I'm hoping for one more player still, but let's keep building the village in the mean time!

2. A half-build cathedral, consecration held midstroke, teetering between revelation and ruination
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________

Inspirational Pictures:
2. ________
[/quote]

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Added in a Thieve's Guild. Every good village should have one! ^^

2. A half-build cathedral, consecration held midstroke, teetering between revelation and ruination
3. Sewer headquarters of the Thieve's Guild.
4. ________
5. ________

Inspirational Pictures:
2. ________

Offline Sally Aces

Since I gave us the Problem... here's its source

4. ________
5. ________

Inspirational Pictures:
Final resting place of the fallen

I see your graveyard, and I raise you a haunted barracks.

Since it seems like we only have two players, feel free to do 3-4 characters each.  If we could nudge the party gender ratio closer to even, that would be ideal for me!  The dungeon denizens you will encounter will be mostly / entirely female, if that works for both of you.  If we can wrap up the last two questions soon, I hope to get the game started by Wednesday morning!

4. The Provisional Garrison, many beds still bear the forgotten names of fallen soldiers
5. ________

Inspirational Pictures:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 03:34:50 pm by nonniemouse »

Offline Sally Aces

I see your graveyard, and I raise you a haunted barracks.

Since it seems like we only have two players, feel free to do 3-4 characters each.  If we could nudge the party gender ratio closer to even, that would be ideal for me!  The dungeon denizens you will encounter will be mostly / entirely female, if that works for both of you.  If we can wrap up the last two questions soon, I hope to get the game started by Wednesday morning!

I'll create another villager... I believe we are even on the gender ratio. I've 2 females and a male, wanderer 2 males and a female. I'm good with all girl baddies ;)

4. The Provisional Garrison, many beds still bear the forgotten names of fallen soldiers
5. Marketplace with stocks on raised platform, to discourage thieves

Inspirational Pictures:

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Added in Armour as the resource more widely available... That should help with survivability!  :D

Resource: Armour.

5. Marketplace with stocks on raised platform, to discourage thieves

Inspirational Pictures:
[/quote]

Hmm, well, I hope you don't mind where that armor is coming from! :D   Great.  I'll get the IC and OOC threads going for this game.  I'll have you both keep your own character sheets organized in the OOC thread.  (I'm open to better ideas on how to manage the sheets.)  I'm a bit busy for the next day or two, so Wednesday is still the day to aim for!

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2017, 04:38:20 am »
Cool, I'll make sure in the ooc thread to remove the dice rolls from the characters and add suitable pics for them all. :)

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2017, 01:00:36 am »
OOC Thread is up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265870.0

Please finalize your characters and post them there.  You'll be responsible for tracking your character sheets on this thread as the game progresses.

The IC thread will be coming later on Wednesday.