You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

April 23, 2021, 03:26:44 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Power adapter might not be working  (Read 716 times)

Offline WanderingBlackDragonTopic starter

Power adapter might not be working
« on: March 26, 2017, 07:55:02 am »
Simple, I plug my laptop's power adapter and doesn't seem to charge. However, when I turn off the laptop and plug the adapter in, then take it out, it give a little charge. Strangely enough, when I have the laptop on with the adapter plugged in, it doesn't seem to do anything. The adapter's light is on, but it doesn't heat up and the battery icon shows the power actually running out.

Should I take it to get looked at? What else could I do?

Offline midnightblack

Re: Power adapter might not be working
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 10:31:11 am »
Sounds like a soon to be dead power adapter. These things seem to be breaking a lot faster than they used to. :/
Just to be safe, have a look at the connector pin of your laptop. Sometimes its design is faulty, it doesn't dissipate heat properly and it ends up with visible wear and damage. If it's possible to borrow a suitable adapter from somewhere, try to test to see if it works so you can rule the laptop out. Otherwise, you probably need to get your adapter repaired/changed. If you suspect power fluctuations to be the culprit, consider investing in a connector with surge protection. I decided to get one after two laptop adapters moved on into eternity in a short time.

Offline WanderingBlackDragonTopic starter

Re: Power adapter might not be working
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 03:48:22 pm »
Would've been nice if I saw this reply before I took this to Best Buy. Ended up wasting a good 4 hours running around.