You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 18, 2017, 11:56:08 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Get the Green Light in the RLD

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Question about roommate joining.  (Read 436 times)

Offline TamhansenTopic starter

Question about roommate joining.
« on: February 25, 2017, 07:02:11 AM »
hi, this is probably a stupid question. My new roommate accidentally found out what i was doing here, and now she wants to join. But I know the site is very strict on people having multiple accounts, and uses IP and device to check for that.

As she'll be using my hardware for a while at least, until she has the money to get her own, what do we need to do to avoid being flagged as a duplicate account?

Offline Hyacinth

Re: Question about roommate joining.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 07:44:51 AM »
Not a stupid question at all! Actually it is a very good one. ^.^ Usually you just alert a staff member to the situation so they can know when their introduction thread pops up. It's what I did when my SO joined. :)

Online AmberStarfire

• Rogue Starlight ~ Writer of Things ~ This Is Who We Are ~ Scully to his Mulder
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Curled up with a notebook in a quiet forest, writing.
  • ❤ Snuggler of the Wyld and Hairy ❤
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 10:12:29 AM »
There's one pitfall, where if you post at the same moment, one of you may lose your post. That almost never happens (only rarely), and it's not going to happen if you're both using the same computer.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 10:18:18 AM »
Oh, good to know. Thank you.

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 11:26:39 AM »
I did notice that Lisa logged in on the laptop, and a few minutes later I logged in on the desktop, and she got logged out, is that WAI or is there something wrong in our setup?

Offline Oreo

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 11:36:24 AM »
I've not known for that to be an issue before. We have lots of couples logging in from the same IP, or even me logged on from different PCs.

Offline lillisa

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 03:28:19 PM »
it doesn't happen when I login on different devices. We just had a few times where I logged in on one device, Tam logs in on the other, then I'm logged out. It's not a big issue thanks to lazarus, but we were just wondering.