You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

June 22, 2021, 05:05:16 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: New Bumping Rule  (Read 1481 times)

Offline FlowerTopic starter

• Rumpelstiltskin | Hyacinth | Table Nerd | Buns | DKBG | She/Her
  • Centurion
  • Carnite
  • Supersonic pussycat
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
New Bumping Rule
« on: January 10, 2017, 08:25:38 am »
I understand perfectly how this rule works in the one on one section. However, my understanding becomes a little iffy within the group game advertisements.

Does this mean only actual GM updates and statements of interest/submission of character sheets should take place? Meaning OOC conversation should be curbed as that might be considered inappropriate bumping?

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:28:14 am by Flower »

Offline DemonessOfDeathValley

• Chaos is when an Angel fell in love with a Demon.
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • Everyone has their demons.
  • View My Rolls
Re: New Bumping Rule
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 08:37:18 am »
I have a question about this rule. I'm trying to keep most of my requests in just the one request thread. Am I correct that adding a post to the end of the request thread would not be a substantive bump? Or would it?

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 11:12:02 am »
I understand perfectly how this rule works in the one on one section. However, my understanding becomes a little iffy within the group game advertisements.

Does this mean only actual GM updates and statements of interest/submission of character sheets should take place? Meaning OOC conversation should be curbed as that might be considered inappropriate bumping?

I have a question about this rule. I'm trying to keep most of my requests in just the one request thread. Am I correct that adding a post to the end of the request thread would not be a substantive bump? Or would it?

Both of these examples can qualify as acceptable 'bumps with substance'.  In the case of a group game, the interested parties are engaged in active discussion about the plot itself.  In the case of a request thread, adding a new plot is - well - adding something new.

Now, if the group game OOC posts are of the complete non-sequiter variety:  (Hi guys, I have yummy pizza for lunch), that would be considered as a bump without substance.

• Centurion
  • Carnite
  • Supersonic pussycat
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:31:22 pm »
So ooc conversation (it sometimes happens if the actual OOC has not occurred or randomly) is no longer permitted in group game interest threads?

I'm asking this because I was about to post something along the lines of 'join this game; it's awesome' in one of my games interest thread but I no longer know if stuff like that is permissible or a violation.

edit: I went to the game I am currently a part of and took some examples. Are posts like the ones below now against the rules? It is basically OOC conversation, completely unrelated to the game, within a group interest thread.

Totally unrelated, but I love your avatar!

<.<

>.>

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:01:24 am by Flower »

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 03:54:48 pm »
I now have another question. Does a person's established request thread show up with a 'new' tag for other members when edits are made or does it only show up with the 'new' tag when something new is added to the end? Because when I edited something the last time, my request thread wasn't on the first page even though I added a whole section.

I'm a little confused.

EDIT- No longer confused, found the answer in another thread.  :-[
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 04:00:39 pm by DemonessOfDeathValley »

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 04:01:05 pm »
As I recall, if a post is edited, it will get the 'New' tag, but the thread will not be moved as it would be if there were a new post added.

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 04:05:34 pm »
As I recall, if a post is edited, it will get the 'New' tag, but the thread will not be moved as it would be if there were a new post added.

That's what I thought, but I didn't know for sure. Thank you.

Offline Elysian Radiance

• The Dragon's Little Brat Princess ❇ President of the Elliquiy Nap Society ❇ Shieldmaiden of the Light ❇ Josi's Bestie Babe ❇ Arcannyx's E-Wifey ❇ Creator of Critically Cleansed Tabletub RPG Dice Soap
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • Location: Currently on hiatus. If you need me, send me a PM and I'll get an email about it.
  • Ely Lightbringer, the Dragon Queen of Elliquiyâ„¢
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 05:45:05 pm »
So ooc conversation (it sometimes happens if the actual OOC has not occurred or randomly) is no longer permitted in group game interest threads?

I'm asking this because I was about to post something along the lines of 'join this game; it's awesome' in one of my games interest thread but I no longer know if stuff like that is permissible or a violation.
This is something that I would also like clarification on.

• Centurion
  • Carnite
  • Supersonic pussycat
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 04:58:41 am »
I edited my post with some examples to hopefully clarify what I am trying to have answered.

Offline Vekseid

• Those who expect service must first serve.
  • God
  • Addict
  • The way to a woman's heart is through her tears.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 20
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 05:26:52 am »
I mean, the entire point of these rules is to make things better for readers. When you have a concern like this you should also give your opinion of it - if you feel that OOC discussion isn't a problem in group threads, then you should also make that clear so we can adjust the rule for that forum as needed.

• Centurion
  • Carnite
  • Supersonic pussycat
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 05:46:44 am »
I understand that the rule was put in place for the betterment of Elliquiy users. However, when you post a rule set in a specific forum, it gives the impression that those rules also apply to that section as well. Considering your response, it does not. Thank you for answering my question.

There's no point in having two of these threads. Feel free to lock it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:49:59 am by Flower »

Offline Blythe

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 11:13:50 am »
Group games tend to function a bit differently in practice than the interest checks for 1x1s; the new bumping policy was aimed mostly at resolving problems about bumps & # of threads for solo requests. Don't worry about OOC chatter in group games--that should be fine. Staff'll talk about it and see if we can't amend wording to make it clear that particular thing is okay for group interest checks. :)

Locking thread at your request, Flower~