You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 17, 2018, 05:34:09 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: A shoutbox suggestion  (Read 386 times)

Offline NinjaWeazelTopic starter

A shoutbox suggestion
« on: December 18, 2016, 07:35:53 PM »
I don't even know how feasible it would be to implement, but I had the thought earlier. When you see someone in the SB talking about writing, looking for partners, ideas, etc etc, it would be amazingly handy to be able to click their name and to go their profile rather than be forced to spend time searching through the member list (and sometimes that doesn't even work, because they have a _ in the SB name instead of a space in the forum name, as I discovered earlier).

Offline BAMF

Re: A shoutbox suggestion
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 07:50:30 PM »
If you mouse over the Members link, you should get a drop down that lets you search for members via their username. It doesn't solve the problem of spaces becoming underscores, but it's a helluva lot faster than scrolling through the entire member list!

Edit: You can also find the search function on the member page - in the top right corner, there's a button. :)

Offline Oreo

• Centurion ~Clotho~ ~ALWAYS HUGGABLE~ Doddering Ailurophile ^_^
  • Goddess
  • Carnite
  • You little rebel...I like you.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 08:09:12 PM »
I don't know if it is feasible either, but I have to agree I would love to be able to click on the SB name and have it open their profile. Running a search takes too long, especially when I want to see if someone is new to the site or a member.

Online AmberStarfire

• Rogue Starlight ~ Writer of Things ~ This Is Who We Are ~ Scully to his Mulder
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Curled up with a notebook in a quiet forest, writing.
  • ❤ Snuggler of the Wyld and Hairy ❤
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 08:58:10 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, the shoutbox is a SMF module. That means if it's not an option that's already available as a feature then changing it would probably be immensely complicated.

Offline Oreo

• Centurion ~Clotho~ ~ALWAYS HUGGABLE~ Doddering Ailurophile ^_^
  • Goddess
  • Carnite
  • You little rebel...I like you.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 09:11:21 PM »
That was my understanding too. It would still be nice.

Offline Hyacinth

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 09:19:58 PM »
I'm not sure if this is helpful but sometimes I type the personís name in the PM system and pull up their profile from there.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 09:26:45 PM »
I'm not sure if this is helpful but sometimes I type the personís name in the PM system and pull up their profile from there.
*nods* When you start typing in the To field you get a list of names after the first 4 or 5 letters.  I forgot about that.