You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 02:14:18 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Thoughts on a "To Staff/Members Only" Questions Section?  (Read 237 times)

Offline DallasTopic starter

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • "Don't push your luck..."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Thoughts on a "To Staff/Members Only" Questions Section?
« on: July 08, 2016, 06:35:06 PM »
Not so much asking for help here, and I don't know if this is a formal suggestion. I also have been thinking about it a bit, I halfway wonder if I have already asked this somewhere. I'm not sure. Sorry if that's the case.

Anyway, I wanted to pick Staff's (and Vekseid's) brain on a means to submit questions that all of staff can see, but no one else. To be honest, though... I have no idea how on Earth that could possibly work (besides a mass PM, which seems weird to do that in that manner). Or perhaps a "Members Only" questions area, where only members could see and pose questions that might be... too sensitive for public areas of the site? There have been moments where I've been wanting to ask something that only staff could see, or perhaps only members could see... but I realize how this could be a rare occasion as well. So it may also seem pointless, I understand that if that's the case.

Anyways... I was wondering if you guys upstairs thought about this or whether or not it was necessary? Or if I should just continue to bug single staff members with site-related questions. ;)

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Thoughts on a "To Staff/Members Only" Questions Section?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 06:38:06 PM »
The only public areas are the forums in the first column of the Index.  Everything else is blocked from public view.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 06:38:38 PM »
All staff can be reached via Private Messaging.  When the situation warrants, staff will collaborate on providing an answer.

Offline DallasTopic starter

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • "Don't push your luck..."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 06:45:59 PM »
Ah... I see. Well, I knew you lot were helpful, but it makes sense that you all would do that (in cases where it would need more than one mind on a matter).

Wait... So, guests and unapproved members can't see this Help section? I always thought this part was visible.

Well... at any rate, seems like I'll float my questions the usual way, then. One to one member of Staff, and trust it to them. :D

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 06:48:23 PM »
The Help section, being part of this first column, is visible to all.  (There is actually one board in the first column that is not visible, that being the 'Non Forum Requests' board, for obvious reasons.)