You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 16, 2017, 04:20:31 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: A collection of Stories (anyone, really, but a lot of these are going to be M/F)  (Read 2347 times)

Offline CrownedSunTopic starter

Availability: Currently UNAVAILABLE with regard to new stories.
You're more than welcome to PM me ( I love PM's, ) but I'm not going to be able to take on any more RP's for a bit, so my apologies for that.

Okay, this here is my idea's page! :D

I will admit, I struggled with this for a while and I'm still not 100% sure what I want to do here,-- I was fiddling around with a more 'unique' format here for a long while,-- but I've since decided to fiddle a bit and make this particular section a bit more 'traditional' in terms of the layout and everything. I still might toss some individual ideas down toward the bottom of the thread, as individual posts, but mostly I'll be keeping everything nicely organized and bumping when I fiddle with stuff excessively and am potentially looking for new partners. That said, while I'm posting a lot of cool ideas that speak to me here, I can be picky about stories and I'm going to want to have the right chemistry with my partner in terms of the story that we're writing.

So, expect that even if you pick out an idea on this list and PM me, we'll probably have to talk about it a tiny bit just to make it work for the both of us.

(This is because, in terms of RP, I prefer to work with my partner and come up with something between the two of us. :D That said, hopefully the stuff in this thread,-- as it grows over time,-- will help me to find new people to RP with and give us ideas for what kind of stories we want to tell together.)

If you want a more general, broad idea of what I'm into then please check out my ON and OFFs.

XD

Quick Disclaimer: I'm presenting all of the ideas in whatever format fits them best, with the understanding that we can customize and fiddle with stuff to make it work, so if you like an idea but don't like the way that I've described that idea-- feel free to PM me and tell me that,- that'll probably make me want to RP it with you more rather than less because as I mentioned above... I like working with a partner and getting exactly the right story for both of us!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:57:33 AM by CrownedSun »

Story Seeds and Prompts
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 02:41:00 AM »
CS's More Detailed One-Off Ideas & Random Ramblings
The Hitchhiker
A bit of a switch between an epic adventure and a modern slice of life story, this tale focuses on two characters meeting in a manner that should be self-evident...

He'd been driving for days without end, and had days yet to go, an endless procession of highway exit signs, seedy little hotels, barely lit rest-stops, badly maintained backroads, shitty little diners with cute waitresses, and missed turns in the middle of the night because he'd not been using his GPS. Really, why would he? He was travelling so far that the concept of "getting lost" was rather pointless and he'd never actually been to where he was going so it's not like he knew the way. He'd already had all of his belongings shipped to his new address, had paid people to get his new apartment ready for him so that he didn't have to worry about buying new furniture and could just concentrate on his exciting new job. It was clean and efficient, which he figured made up for the massive inefficiency of driving cross-country instead of taking a plane.

He'd given himself a few weeks to make the journey, allowing for time to stop at the odd landmark and actually have a bit of fun on the trip without having to rush, and just... set off without much in the way of a plan other than 'head in the general direction that he needed to go and keep driving until he got there.' It was like one of the road-trips that his Father used to take the family on, when he was younger, except that the car was considerably emptier...

...no wife, no kids, no bickering from the backseat, nobody to tell him that they needed to stop soon to use the restroom or to argue with him about when they should stop for the night.

Of course the empty car also meant no voices other than the radio, no one to play driving games with or to keep him company in the long lonely hours of driving.

It'd been the main reason he'd switched off of the highways,-- he'd always intended to take backroads, of course, but after nearly a day on I-75... well, a bit of time driving around aimlessly had been a nice distraction from the long empty stretches of highway. He'd even stopped at a roadside curio store and bought a large stuffed bear. He wasn't even sure why! He'd just forked over his credit card and stuffed the thing in his back seat before getting back on the road.

Maybe it was that loneliness that made him stop when he saw her.

The desire to just... have someone to talk to.. at least for a little while.

~

She'd been kicked unceremoniously to the curb several miles back, on some dark and abandoned stretch of nothing, miles from anywhere she'd even been in her life and with nowhere else to go even if she had decided that she wanted to turn around and head back home. She knew that she couldn't, though, knew that the only way through this was forward. The night sounds were thick and heavy, ranging from the incessant chirping of crickets to the stranger sounds that you heard in these little stretches of deep forest that just happened to have a road cutting through. It almost made her wish she'd just done with the guy had asked, after all, "ass or gas" was the law of the road but she didn't actually have much money left, but if she'd been willing to do that sort of thing with wrinkly old men then she'd probably still be back home.

It'd been a bit of a no-brainer, really, leaving when she did. So long as it was just her and Mom, life wasn't too bad, but when she'd invited that old drunken son of a bitch back into their home that meant that it was time to nope right the fuck out of there. The instant that she'd come home from her shift and seen him in the living room, she'd just headed right for her bedroom and started packing, tossing what she could into her briefcase and noping right the fuck out of that shithole trailer. She wasn't a minor anymore, was an adult, and even if the road was a long and dark one... she'd find her own way in life..

For the time being, of course, that "way" involved walking along the edge of a road where she saw maybe a couple of cars every few hours and sticking her thumb out.

The last few cars hadn't even stopped, which was making her more and more nervous, because if she was going to get ax-murdered it was going to be on a long stretch like this.

Really, she'd feel so much better when she made it back to the highway,-- to a town or even a city,-- somewhere that wasn't so vast and dark and empty. Where she could at least cry out and hope that someone actually answered her if she ended up in over her head, if someone tried to force the issue, where she had enough potential tag-alongs to actually be somewhat picky in terms of whom she got in the car with in hopes of not hating herself after the negotiations ended. She had such a long way to go, after all, until she reached her sister's or maybe her grandmother's and hours of darkness on the side of the road had convinced her that she'd maybe have to be a little more flexible.

When she heard the car approaching, saw the reflection of the headlights, her action was just about automatic.

Arm outstretched, thumb up,-- silent prayer,-

I like the above set-up, and can easily see myself playing either role,-- the driver or the hitchhiker,-- and you can consider the above characterizations "how I'd play them, more or less, if that's the person that I end up playing in this story." Obviously, if you end up playing one of them, you might choose to fiddle with the way that I've presented them above or just throw that out entirely and pitch your own idea for who the person is and what they're doing along that particular stretch of road. Which, in a way, is the story seed itself-- the picture,- not necessarily of the girl but of the road.

It's a long stretch of nothing, rimmed by trees and grass, and not really all that well-maintained. It's miles and miles away from anything, there's practically no traffic, and if our little hitchhiker passes up on a ride then she might not see another one for hours. Also, unlike the picture, it's the middle of the fucking night when I see these two crossing paths. Now, that said, my expectations for this story are more romantic than coercive. I like the idea that the hitchhiker is afraid of big bad men, and feels pressured to give up things that she'd really rather not give up, but I'd prefer if the actual scenario is lighter and more romantic. If there's sex, I'd like it to be genuinely consensual, rather than coerced in any fashion. That said, if you'd prefer to run this a little differently, feel free to talk to me. I can even see some potential for a NC scene here, so long as it's something that happens before our characters meet...

...in terms of longer ambitions, I figure that both of the characters are going to be together for a while, and neither of them are in any particular hurry. They'll stop at landmarks, maybe see the grand canyon, and otherwise have a lot of time to bond and become friends with one another. I'd have absolutely no issue with this story, like, not even including any sex at all. Maybe a bit of tension, a bit of clash, but eventually they arrive at her grandmothers house and she gets dropped off. With his phone number, and the hopeful note that they keep in touch, but this story doesn't need sex for me to consider it sexy. That said, in my mind's eye,
 I see the two of them falling for each other and her ending up just... going with him.. perhaps after a short detour at wherever she gets dropped off.

The Fall of Constantinople
a story about escaping from war and death, about an unexpected romance, and starting a new-- simpler-- life together with your loved ones...

You had long since grown tired of watching,-- day by day,-- as your husband sunk deeper and deeper into Insanity.

He was once a powerful man, in spirit if not in truth, the Emperor of the once-great but long-since faded Byzantine Empire. Emperor Constantine XI, Palaiologos, who would in the fullness of the historical record be remembered as the last Byzantine Emperor and the one who oversaw the cities fall to the Ottoman Turks. The great enemy had overseen the slow retreat of the Empire for far too long, slowly hemming the Greeks in until they controlled very little more than the city itself...

...it wasn't until the young Sultan of the Ottoman's, Mehmet II, began constructing fortifications to control the Bosphorous Strait that the Empress Theodora finally realized that there was no hope left. Even if she had no cares other than for herself, she likely would have acted no differently, but it was not for her own sake that the Empress cast her cunning eye over the various servants of her husband in search of the one whom she could bend to her own service. No, when she broke her wedding vows and took Ser Branas into her bed, she was thinking of her daughter more than herself. It was no easy feat, to seduce the strong young Cataphractoi who had served all his life at the whim of her Husband, but the time spent in the task was well-spoken.

He was younger, virile, twice the lover that her husband was and wiser than even she had at first given him credit for. He, too, saw the doom that was approaching the city and with her beckoning whispers shared in the dark of the night she managed to win him over toward her side. If only she had chosen to act sooner, when escape would have been easier, maybe she would have been able to seduce her savior before the Turks had closed the straights and begun their siege. Maybe the plans and preparations that they saw too were too carefully laid, too slowly put into action, such that by the time they were able to act it would be too late and they would have but little hope of escaping until the chaos of the invasion itself struck.

If she had any doubts of leaving everything behind, it was all abandoned when she sat in Court while her husband received the Ottoman Emissary. For a bare moment, as the offer was read, the Theodora even dared to believe that they might be saved and she might not have to run away from everything that was her life. May still, perhaps, be an Empress-- if one with no Empire,- as she heard the most generous and kingly terms of surrender that the young Sultan had offered to her husband. A personal pledge, sealed by Mehmet himself, that any who wished to leave would be free to do so.

The words that her husband had answered in kind, pledged the Emissary to return to his master, had burned themselves into her mind: "My people would rather die to the man..."

They were words that, that night, she repeated to Ser Branas even as her lover clutched at her naked body and offered her what comfort he could with his own. They had a plan, one that they had to be ready to enact on the very day that the invasion itself began in earnest when the walls were breached and the battle began. Only leaving at the very final moment when all eyes were focused on everything but those refugees fleeing from the city. Just the three of them, amidst a flood of similarly minded souls,-- Ser Branas, Theodora herself, and her daughter, the Byzantine Princess who still knew nothing of her mother's plans.

Notes: A slightly better write-up of this idea, and one that I still find very interesting, with a few different options. It's easy enough to back this prompt up a bit and deal with the Empresses seduction of Ser Branas and the formulation of their plan. That said, the essential form of the RP focuses entirely on their escape from the city and what happens from there on, with a focus on the glowing closeness between Branas and Theodora and the shock to the Princesses lifestyle as she loses everything that she'd valued... but NOT her life, as she'd probably expected..

In terms of the Princess, I can see a few options,-- I'm not at all averse to this being a bit of an MFF storyline, with both Mother and Daughter becoming involved with the Eastern Knight (or Cataphract, as is the more culturally correct term, as I understand it) but I'd also be more than fine with the Daughter ending up with a love interest of her own. The rough intention, in terms of the story, is that they do manage to escape despite many trials and difficulties along the way and that rather than entering into exile or anysuch... they find some other answer.. disappearing from history as if they never existed but finally- perhaps for the first time,-- being happy.

This is a quasi-historical story, anyway, though I'm not a huge stickler for accuracy. It's also a bit of an alternate timeline, where instead of dying in childbirth along with the child the Empress Theodora gives birth to a daughter but is rendered barren in the process. I can't find a good solid range for the Empress, but probably early-to-mid-40s, and the Daughter would be 24. It's worth noting that "Empress Theodora" is almost certainly not the name that she was born with, but more of a title, and the Daughter of course doesn't have a name. Ser Branas, for the record, I picture as about 31 or so.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 08:40:03 PM by CrownedSun »

Re: A collection of Stories
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 05:32:20 AM »
CS's Quick Ideas & Prompts
Genre/Setting: Modern/Contemporary
1. Behind Enemy Lines, is a unique little story that I've had in my mind for a while, which is about a soldier during a war who finds himself behind enemy lines. You're a young woman, equally exposed by the fact that you're living in the middle of a war zone,-- if we did this during WWII, I'd be a US Paratrooper, and you'd be a French Civilian, but there's lots of possible variations,-- maybe I save you from some enemy soldiers, maybe you find me while I'm injured and nurse me back to health, but either way we're in this together now. I have a mission to complete, or just need to get news back to my people about something, and you're damned and determined to come with me regardless of how dangerous it might be. I also picture this story as having a bit of a language gap,-- so mostly non-verbal without a whole lot of dialogue,-- with a very very long build-up before any kind of hanky panky commences.

2. Crushing On The Paladin, is an example of a kind of scenario that I enjoy, one that crosses some genre boundaries. It's a tale of fantasy adventure, an epic that has gone on for years, except that it's not actually real and these world-spanning heroes are-- in reality,-- a band of friends that have been playing a D&D campaign since High School. Hell, you've all been friends for even longer! The game is beginning to wind down, college is going to be ending soon and everyone will be going their own way, which is difficult for you especially... because you have a thing for one of the other players.. and you can't imagine not meeting up with him once a week and catching idle glances at him when its not your turn. He broke up with that bitch a few months ago, you're all going to be 'real adults' soon, this is your last chance!

3. Hunkering Down, is an idea for an RP that I had while worried about Hurricane Irma hitting toward early September. It's a story about people pushed together by circumstance and shared experience, in this case being pushed together during a Hurricane,-- the idea is there there's an extended family hunkering down and weathering a storm at a central safe location. Lots of people in a central location, more or less, which includes... one extra person. A friend of a distant cousin, who was visiting at the time and got caught, and is frightened and alone. That poor thing ends up frightened and alone, and in the arms of the other main character in the story, who ends up taking care of her and protecting her. He holds her... rubs at the back of her neck.. coos at her and keeps her from freaking out. Tells her that everything is going to be okay as the storm blows past. n' then, moving past that, the two grow closer in the long crazy rebuilding/recovery period after the storm where there's no power, no distractions, just people.

n' some shorter idea-seeds that can be developed further with someone who is interested!
4. you've lived next to him for months now, and you're tired of just listening to everything that goes on-- the things that keep you awake at night because of the too thin walls,- no, it's YOUR TURN NOW,--
5. when you turn 18-years old, your parents are going to kick you out of the house,-- expecting you to move in with your horrible boyfriend, marry him, pump out some kids,-- but... yeah no. you have other plans.
6. You have nowhere else to go, no one left to turn to,-- your parents won't even pick up the phone, you lost contact with all your ex-boyfriends, but... you know that if you go to ME, I'll take care of everything.

Genre/Setting: Modern-ish/Not-Quite-Contemporary
1. The Sex Doll, was shipped accidentally to my address, some kind of shipping error. I'd not ordered her, and worse, she didn't come with any kind of manual or a remote control or nothing. Once I turned her on she just 'called back to the office,' and a few minutes later, I had an apology... and a sex doll.. which customer support had rolled back to 'factory default' and which had been built for someone else. The weirdest thing that was "she" looked and acted just like a human being-- except for the whole "trying to talk me through various set-up options," thing that was going on, and even that was just weird. I think "she" could tell that I was a bit off-center about all this, and it was making her act a bit off about everything too, probably going into some kind of 'diagnostic mode'. Really, more than anything else, it was just AWKWARD. Someone had to do something to break the tension...

2. Bad Boyfriend isn't popular with your friends, who think you can do better and that he's a pig, nor your parents, who just generally hate him, and honestly you sort of get it. He's a bit of an asshole, honestly, and he has a real cruel streak to him with everyone except you. It's like he's an entirely different person, around you, always gentle and loving. Like few guys are, honestly, and the sex is absolutely incredible. No one else gets it, what you see in him, but that's just because they don't know him like you do. He gets you, really gets you, in a way that nobody else ever has. Except, well, it turns out that you didn't really know him either. Not until he comes in through the door of the apartment you share one evening, gaunt and with clothes covered in too much blood, looking like he's on the edge of death's door. The shadows, too, are doing something... off.. that is disturbing your cool. The entire situation is terrifying but its nothing compared to when he finally tells you his secret: He's a Demon, a Fallen Angel, exiled from Heaven.

3. "You Can Do Magic," is the kind of thing that you expect from a children's book, right before an owl bursts through your window and delivers you an invitation to an exclusive school. How much weirder, though, to be told that you can do magic,-- because your biological father was some kind of God,-- by this way too attractive guy who looks a little like the guy from the movie Thor, and oh, by the way, it might be a good idea to start running because there are things chasing after the both of us and if we don't away they're kill us. If, that is, we're lucky. The world isn't supposed to work like this, none of this makes any sense, and seriously, how the fuck is this guy so hot? But, whatever,-- you guess you've been called by the Gods to kick ass and you certainly wouldn't want to disappoint Daddy.

here are some smaller one-off ideas, just brief little snippets to be developed:
4. Your new neighbor is 9 foot tall, blue (with horns!), and has a Claymore strapped to his back. Only you notice this, somehow, and once you realize you're not going crazy you just have to know more!
5. We're two sorcerers, husband and wife, who have been reincarnated time and again. Our loves and hates have burned through the annals of time; now we're reborn into this Modern Age.
6. We're both so in love, with such amazing chemistry, cutting through the very different worlds we came from-- it's the kind of love that burns. It's just a shame that we didn't meet while we were alive.

Genre/Setting: Fantasy
1. Of Knights and Ogres, is a familiar tale,-- you were kidnapped, taken by force and dragged away to a horrible fate. There was nothing you could do, no words that you could say that would save you, and your fate seemed sealed until I came out of nowhere. I killed him, killed that horrible beast, and if others might have seen it as brutal... you'd only seen a monster being put down-- even so! you'd been so frightened, at first, but I'd put an arm around you... so gentle, gentler than you'd have imagined,... held you softly, stroking your hair, cooing at you that it was okay and that you were safe now. That the monster was dead and would never hurt you again. I offer to take you home, but you have nowhere to go, so... I let you stay with me.. surprised at how quickly you adapt to this new life. Even growing fond of you, over time, as we grow closer. Of course, I know that it isn't over,-- not yet,-- the Knight... he wasn't alone. Others will come looking for their fallen brother.

2. The Slave Girl, has been raised all of her life as a slave, trained to seduce- to bring pleasure,-- but she'd never met a man like Him. He was a foreigner, exotic of appearance and possessing strange ways, here to engage in some manner of business with her Masters in the name of the Guilds to which he belonged. All of the Master's many slaves wanted him, as much to please their Master as anything else, but he only seemed to have eyes for her since he arrived and as the negotiations stretched only they grew closer and closer. It was only natural, when it was finally time for him to leave, that she would be included as part of the deal,-- that He would be her new Master,- a fate that she in truth didn't find to be particularly onerous at all. She enjoyed serving him and he didn't treat her like the slave that she was... but like a woman... while still having the Iron to him that made her melt and convinced her that he was truly her Master in every way that mattered.

3. The Enemy General, has been a guest of your Emperor's Dungeons-- your husband's dungeons,-- for almost a decade. He's been subjected to every level of torment and torture, humiliated and paraded before the people as a sign of what awaits all enemies of the Empire, and yet... he's never broken.. Before he was taken,-- when he stood with a few volunteers in a rear-guard action at the end of the last war, allowing the bulk of his men to escape when the battle began to fare poorly,-- he was a Legend even amongst your own people. Part of you hopes that he still is that man-- and that the burning fires of his anger have kindled that spark of heroism even hotter,-- because you need him now, you need his help to help you overthrow your husband before his madness brings about doom upon your people. Doom upon... your children..

n' some shorter kinds of ideas...
4. you're an elf girl, attached to a royal delegation, in a human city-- the capitol,- for the first time! it'd be exciting, if it wasn't such a horrible cess pit, but maybe... just maybe.. it has some redeeming qualities.
5. Once every 1,000 years, I descend from the Mountain and-- if not appeased,- it is said that I will destroy everything. You're the one chosen to 'appease' me and you're not really clear what that means.
6. an Imperial Princess knows nothing but luxury and excess; you've had servants tend to your every need for all of your life. What is to become of you, though, now that your city burns?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:29:19 AM by CrownedSun »

Exalted-related Story Prompts and Ideas
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 06:01:07 AM »
::EVENTUAL HOME OF A LIST OF ACTIVE + INACTIVE STORIES::
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:35:32 AM by CrownedSun »

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 09:45:55 AM »
Okay, here's a bit of a World of Warcraft post, and since my long-term WoW character was female...

Reconstituting the Clergy: Arch-Bishop Saiah
This story takes place during the time-frame of Mists of Pandaria, not long after the discovery of the continent, when Anduin is missing and things have yet to be established in that strange land. It deals not with adventures in that magical mist-shrouded land, however, but instead with the turmoil within the Cathedral of Light following the discovery of Archbishop Benedictus' secret conversion to the Twilight's Hammer.

It's all over now, you see?

It was worse than most any of us expected, a true Cataclysm, but Deathwing is dead. I know, I was there, lending the power of the Light to those brave heroes that fought to stop the rampaging beast before he destroyed all of Azeroth and doomed all Life to a meaningless nothing. How any sane mind can serve such a thing still baffles my mind, but then, most of the Twilight's Hammer were not exactly sane are they? Some few of them might still exist, but they're scattered and broken, their leaders dead and their cult shattered. Even their apocalyptic savior is gone, and with him, the Time of the Dragonflights has come to an end as well.

I'd not really known what I expected when I returned to Stormwind. I didn't feel like a conquering hero, and so the lack of any great parade was not something that I missed. Still, there wasn't any that didn't know of what had occurred in at least some vague detail and I could see the thankfulness of the common folk as they looked upon me. My companions and I parted ways, for what I thought was just another brief passing before we would again be reunited for some new adventure, as I forced myself to not think of the devastation that still marked the cities Park District and the even greater hole left in the soul of every follower of the Light. In normal circumstances, when I felt like this, I knew who I'd go to unburden my soul.

The Archbishop...

I can still remember running down that devastated path in the heart of the Dragonblight toward the Temple, the madness of the Old Gods still bubbling up all around us. I'd seen Archbishop Benedictus then, and my soul had been lifted as I thought, oh thank the holy Light, the Archbishop is here, surely he will save us. Except, that wasn't his intent at all, was it? When had he exchanged sanity for madness, when had he forsaken the light and let the chaos of the old gods claim him? It hurt, deep within, because I knew that whatever he'd done to himself had likely consumed him entire. If he existed still, at all, it was likely only as some idle whim within one of the great old gods that have ever so recently returned to their fitful slumber.

Where once, staring up at the shining beacon of the Catheral of Light would have brought me only relief, now it just filled me with regret.

What manner of peace could I possibly find in such a place, now that its guiding light had been snuffed out? It wasn't for guidance that I walked across the plaza that now seemed somehow darkened to me, however, but instead the answers to a summons that I'd received in the midst of the boring logistics following the death of Deathwing. (Which had begun, but not ended, with "Okay, how do we get off this rock...") The first half completed with my return to Stormwind, that left only the second, which I seemed hesitant to fulfill as I instead stood at the first of the steps leading up into the Cathedral. It was still a beacon of Light, of Hope for all of Azeroth, but it still seemed empty and cold to me.

Even so, I took to the stairs and tried to force myself to smile as I entered into its hallowed halls.

Halls that bore the bones of my late husband, our fallen child, and too many of those whose lives I'd touched over the years.

I was greeted by a quorum of Bishops, who smiled at me and beckoned me forward, as if they'd been expecting me. Old bickering men, focused more on politics than the Light, that was what my younger self would have thought upon seeing such a gathering of notables and I'd be lying if I said the thought didn't occur to me. Except, in all truth, I was beginning to get no few gray hairs myself and had of late grown weary and even somewhat wry. Whisper, one of my oldest friends and a devotee of the Druidic Arts of the Night Elves, had even remarked as such and noted that I should not stand so heavily in the Shadow that I began to forget the Light. It was easy, though, to draw upon that aspect of and I'd found myself relying upon it more and more.

I dare say I 'd scared poor Anduin half-to-death when I'd wreathed myself in it, following the attack by the assassins in the woods behind the City, and I'd seen the fear in his eyes even after I let the Shadowform lapse. Initiates find the side of the Light frightening, that much I knew, and I even knew that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Too many had been driven astray by the Shadow, not realizing that it was merely a necessary aspect of the Light that we worshiped and not some maleficent force of a different and equal aspect. Maybe this was why I'd been summoned here? Some misguided concern for my soul, fear that one of Benedictus' closest students was walking down the same path?

"Saiah... it is good to see you," came the kindly voice of the eldest Bishop, Lazarus.

I simply smiled, embraced him in turn, "Thank you, Brother. It is good to be home."

One of the others, who I would be embarrassed to admit I did not know, simply nodded but added, "Does it still feel like home to you then? That is hopeful."

I was silent, for a long time, but I finally couldn't hold back the words that welled up in my heart: "In truth, no, this Cathedral is still a beacon of hope and light. It doesn't feel like home to me, however, not any longer. A shadow has fallen over it, over us all, and though I do not fear the dark... This, this I fear."

Bishop Halle simply smiled, lightly, regarding me with understand and compassion. "Do not fear to speak your truth, Sister. We all feel as you do."

"...you do? Then-- I had worried that I was being called here for some chastisement,--" I said, voicing my earlier concern.

The entire gathering looked at me as if I'd somehow sprouted another head, and I simply looked back, vaguely self-conscious but trying not to let it show.

Finally, Lazarus simply noted-- a bit of humor in his voice,- "...you have, quite literally, just came back from helping to slay the embodiment of this world's total destruction. No, Saiah, we've not called you here to chastise you or--"

"--why then, please? Let's not bandy words. I'm tired, emotionally and physically, and I'd know you brought me here," I said.

The Bishop simply nodded, and said the words that would change my life forever, "Saiah, we've all spoken and come to an agreement. You are to be named Archbishop."

Notes: This, you know, is a WoW prompt and if you don't know anything about that then you should just move on. It's set just before Mists of Pandaria, right after the end of Cataclysm and it doesn't deal with adventure and monsters-- though the RP might involve such things, if it makes sense,- so much as healing the soul of a city, rebuilding a Church that has suffered unimaginably, and the exploration of a character with far more depth and vibrancy than the MMO ever allowed me to explore. Saiah Yen is a high-level Priest, equipped with Holy Artifacts of unimaginable power, who is about to enter into a situation where all of that power will avail her absolutely nothing.

I'd be perfectly fine playing this with no sexual element at all, but honestly, I'd like to play some kind of story here. Saiah is an older woman, in her late 40s to early 50s, and she's lived a long and eventful life. She's loved before and sworn that she wouldn't again,-- but, her life is changing, and who can tell what is still writ in the book of her life? In my mind, Saiah is very very straight, and the relationship is thus likely to be a M/F one. The most likely candidate is either another Priest, perhaps a Junior Priest assigned as her assistant, or more of a colleague who is assigned as her advisor and attache. I'd also, very easily, see something developing between her and a Paladin assigned as her Bodyguard. That said, I'm open to just about anything. Though, for clarity, only Humans, Night Elves, and Worgen need apply for any romantic relationships.

That said, while I can't see anything involving Goblins, Gnomes, or Dwarves-- and an ABSOLUTE no to Forsaken,--, but if you have some kind of more far-fetched idea? Go ahead and voice it. I could potentially be lured into some kind of F/F scenario here, even though that's not really where I see this going and I don't really actively look for those kinds of RP's, perhaps with a Night Elven Priestess of Elune or a Worgen Druid-girl or something. Cross-Faction Romance is not impossible, though you'd have to have a good idea for what to do there, especially since I can't really imagine how it'd work...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:38:03 PM by CrownedSun »

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 03:10:55 PM »
These are some Exalted-based story prompts that I've had, and which I'm collecting here,-- but, before we get into the details, a few little details about Exalted just case you're not familiar with the setting but might actually find one of the Fantasy stories below to be of interest to you.

So, what is Exalted Anyway?
  • Exalted is a fantasy setting, used in a tabletop roleplaying game originally published by White Wolf Publishing in 2001, and currently licensed to Onyx Path who are handling the development/release of the games 3rd edition which originally drew from influences ranging from Anime to pre-Tolkein "classic" fantasy.
  • Set in the world known as Creation, which purports to be the ancient pre-history of our own world so far in the past that History has recorded nothing of these alien times, before the world adopted its current form and instead existed as a roiling plane of existence in the middle of an infinite sea of chaos. It is a primeval world, filled with ancient ruins and fell gods, with numerous human kingdoms that are dominated by the imperial might of the Realm which extracts wealth and tribute from all the rest of the world.
  • The main actors in the game are the Exalted themselves, powerful figures with the destiny to change the world (for good or ill), each of whom bears the mark and blessing of one of the gods.
    • the Dragon-Blooded are the elementally powered nobility that rule as god-kings over the Realm and all those lands that bow to the might of it's Legions. The ten-thousand dragons that rule the world are spoken of as chosen of the Five Elemental Dragons, and praised by the religion of the Realm as divine bodhisattava's who guide the world to greater and greater enlightenment, but the families of the Scarlet Dynasty bicker and plot amongst themselves and treat the rest of the world as their private playground. Once, the Scarlet Empress kept her descendents in check and set them against each other, but without her steady hand on the ship of state it threatens to run aground: the various Dynastic Houses' manuever and plot against each other as they each seek to claim her vacant throne.
    • the Solar Exalted, Chosen of the Unconquered Sun, the ancient all-powerful god-kings of a long-forgotten era that once ruled over all of Creation but were betrayed by their servants and overthrown. They are now largely remembered as Demon-Princes who stole their great power, and hunted as such by the Realm's Wyld Hunt, but theirs is the power of heroes, the right of kings, and the madness of terrible power. They've been kept locked away for the Age, but as the wheel of time turns the kings of old are returning in number and the world will once again feel their power manifest. None can tell what their final impact will be, rather they will return Creation to the glories of its past or act as the instrument of its final destruction...
    • the Lunar Exalted, Chosen of the Ever-Changing Luna, were once the consorts and lieutenants of the Solar Exalted and like their lovers they were betrayed at the end of the lost era. Driven to the edges of Creation and out into the madlands beyond, they have schemed and warred for an Age to bring down the Usurpers and all of their works, and have become wild and savage god-totems that rule over widespread Hordes of uncivilized folk and which gnaw unceasingly at the corrupted roots of the civilization their enemies have built. Like their Moon-God Patron, the Lunars are mad and ever-shifting, and unmatched shapeshifters who are spoken of as dark fairy tales to frighten children.
    • the Abyssal Exalted, Heralds of the Abyss, are something new and altogether unwholesome. Dark Reflections of the Solars, in appearance as well as power, the Deathknights are devoted to the twisted essence of the Underworld and serve at the whim of their Masters,-- the Deathknights, mighty ghosts that rule over the Underworld,-- theirs is the kingdom beyond life and when they come into the sunlit world they come garbed in the wrappings of death and bearing with them the laws and passions of the dead. They, alone, did not exist in the forgotten era. Their destiny is newly forged and as yet still undecided.
    • the Sidereal Exalted, Chosen of the Five Maidens, once advised and guided the Solar Exalted in the dawn of time until a faction of them decided to bring about the fall of the Solar Exalted. They feared that the might of the Lawgivers would bring the destruction of Fate itself, and so guided the hands of the Dragon-Blooded, destroying the world of Solar Gold and creating one of tempered Bronze. They now live in Heaven, walking as shadows across the land when they visit it at all, tending to Fate and ruling over Creation as its secret masters.
  • The Exalted are heroes, if not always the modern definition,-- they are powers who cannot be ignore, who move the world for good or ill,-- they bring gods under heel and conquer vast empires. The Solar's are the strongest of their number, powerful enough that some legitimately fear that they are a danger to all of existence, but no Exalt can ever be safely overlooked. Even the Dragon-Blooded, individually weak but the most numerous of the Exalted and whose power can be spread through the blood, are-- one and all,- figures of might and power that no mortal can hope to contest. An Exalt's life is the thing of epics, even if they would very much rather this not be the case, and the greatest amongst their number are powerful enough to change the very course of the Fate itself.
  • The setting of Exalted, itself, is an old one that has gone through vast changes. Long long ago, the Solar Exalted ruled over a vast golden Utopia, until their glowing madness and the fears of the Sidereal Exalted saw to the downfall of that era and the beginning of the Second Age. The Dragon-Blooded ascended to power, ruling in a vast and bloody internecine government called the Shogunate that lasted until the world was scourged by the Great Contagion and over 90% of everything that lived was cut down by plague. The Armies of Madness marched at the world in this, its darkest hours, and the endless legions of the Fair Folk might have destroyed the sickly remnant of Creation if not for the arrival of the Scarlet Empress. She used ancient and terrible weapons to push back the Wyld, and to declare herself Empress, ruling over all that remained from the still mostly untouched lands of the Blessed Isle. For the past 800 years, that has been the truth of things, the Empress and her Dragon-Blooded children ruling over a glorious and unfettered Empire at the Center while the periphery bled for the glory of their Dragon-Blooded masters. Then, the Empress disappeared and the Solar Exalted began to return as if beckoned from across the mists of time.
  • This is not even close to a complete accounting of Exalted, or of the full depth of the setting, and I of course reserve the right to add more detail later. XD

Exalted: The Ten Thousand
The fragile detente that followed the disappearance of the Scarlet Empress has failed; a time of Ten Thousand Battles has come to the Blessed Isle.

The Imperial City burns,-- Mnemon held it only for a week before she was killed on an Assassin's blade, her Legion's assaulted in the streets of the City by a hastily-put together coalition of Houses. A coalition that soon fell apart and set upon themselves like jackals, tearing apart the corpse of the Imperial City even as they struggled to claim its ashes as a prize. One of the sisters of House Cynis, Falen, sits on the Throne now but none regard her as Empress and the rest of the Realm-- bereft of its heart,-- bleeds and slowly dies as its blood spills out over the land.

Cathak and Sesus fought a battle on the plains north of Arjuf, a battle that the Cathak nearly won until the Sesus were reinforced by those surviving forces of House Mnemon that had taken refuge in the city. The Peleps rule over the sea and blockade all ports but their own, committing no substantial land-forces outside of Eagle's Launch itself, content to starve the other Houses while they grow their own power. Houses Nellens and V'neef have fled into the Threshold-- one to the South, the other to the West,-- their former holdings divided up amongst those who remain. The Cathak withdraw to the Holy Mountain, and make arrangements with House Tepet, joining the forces of both Houses together as they prepare for the moment that will decide everything. The Ragara sit back in the shadows, bankrolling much of the conflict and slowly drawing chains around their cousins, sure that when the fighting stops... whomever the victor.. they will control the ultimate spoils. None know what game the Ledaal play, or pretend ignorance at least, but the House plays it well,-- courting all, such that none can ignore them, and acting seemingly at random at the bidding of the Houses' secret allies.

The peasants, though? The peasants bleed.

Few remained in your village, after the recruiters came and dragged off all men of age, but your home-- the homes of everyone you knew,-- burned all the same when two Houses fought a battle just outside the lands that your family had farmed for generations. If you can call it a 'fight', neither side willing to commit to the battle, though the Cynis raided your Village for supplies and 'entertainment' all the same,-- and burned what remain, to deny it to their enemies, when they retreated back to the Imperial City. Your sister barely speaks, after what they did to her, though she clings tight to you. In truth, you should both be dead,-- you'd hit the Dragon-Blooded who was.. you'd hit him with a cast-iron pan, and all it had done was make him angry.

He'd come at you, a sword drawn,-- he was going to kill you,-- you'd rushed him... somehow born him down to the ground, screaming as tears ran down your face, desperate above all else to survive and knowing that for that to happen you couldn't let up your grip on his throat.

You can still remember the Voice: My child, who risks all that she is for her blood, even as the world splits and breaks apart beneath her and everything that she'd ever known burns to ash around her,-- I see your struggles, your pain,-- once I turned my eyes away from this Creation and its many sorrows. I have looked with fresh eyes, and see the Hope that kindles in the hearts of Souls like your own, and you-- beautiful child,-- you I EXALT above all others. Bring peace and succor to the world as you know best, and answer pain as you see fit, for you have my blessing forever more.

Odd words to hear, Holy words, as you're strangling the life out of one of the Princes of the Earth.

Stranger words, even, to hear at the moment of your Damnation.

Your brow blazes still with the mark that the Immaculates name Anathema,-- you are one of the Blasphemous, whose unholy words are said to lead even the most holy of men away from the right and proper way of the Dragons, though you find that you don't feel much like a Demon Prince. Nor do the dreams you have, waking and not, of walking a world more amazing than anything you can imagine garbed in gold and carmine, in divine wonders that would have beggered the Empress herself-- you who once stood Exalted over all others, ruling over men and beast and Exalt: even the Dragon-Blooded.

You who were, once,- and again,-- one of the holy Solar Exalted.

You don't know what half of it means, but it burns in you, a revealed truth that you wish you knew more of if only so you could convey it to others. There are so many out there, refugees and the weary, bled as dry as the land that you and your family has called home for generation. They have the look in them,-- a look of faithlessness, of being invisible and ignored, of not mattering.

But, what can you possibly do?

How can you stand against the Ten Thousand Dragons Who Rule The World?

Whatever you might have been in a past life, you are a peasant,-- less than that, even, Disenfranchised,-- living in a world where any who see you would call you Demon. Even now, the Wyld Hunt likely rides to strike you down, and you do not know who you will survive when they find you.

You only know that you must protect your Sister.

(This is a Exalted RP,-- specifically, it's set in the civilized heart of the world, during the middle of a horrible Civil War for the Empty Throne being waged by a long-lived race of Elementally Powered Demigods divided into various powerful fueding families-- all related to each other and descended from the now-vanished Empress. While my partner for this would ideally be someone that actually knows Exalted, I'm not at all opposed to playing this out with whomever and I promise not to be too anal about every little weird detail of the setting.

This is fantasy, hopefully obviously, and is envisioned as a "wonder the continent" style fantasy where your character and my character are moving through the countryside tending to the people hurt in the wake of the bloody Civil War that rages through the Blessed Isle. There are various inhuman foes possible, and monsters n' beasts of various kinds,-- demons, gods, and elementals,-- but Exalted isn't really a setting with "elves" or anything like that.

The rough idea that I have for a storyline, is that at some point after the above story ends, the main character will find herself hunted down by the religion zealots of the Dragon-Blooded... the Wyld Hunt, a powerfully partially religious order that hunts down people like your character (and mine) as reborn Demon Princes who cannot be allowed to return to their full power... and in the ensuing battle struggling for her very life. This is when my character comes out of no-where, another character like her, one of the Warriors of the Dawn, resplendent in a golden light, who strikes down her attackers and saves her life. After which, you know, they walk the Realm and have adventuers together. Meeting others, helping folk, getting involved in the periphery. I figure, EVENTUALLY, this story ends when the main character above eventually becomes the new Empress or overthrows the current order or in some other method /fixes thing! But, there's a lot of flexibility here.

As outlined above, your role in the story is vaguely religious, you're kind of a Prophet of sorts? That said, the actual background of your character is mostly up for grabs (except for the peasant bit, but there's a lot of room there in terms of who you are precisely), and it'd be very easy to have your character learn about the setting at the same time that you do. I kind of have a Disney Princess-vibe from the main character, honestly, rather than viewing her as a Monk or anything. But, again, details can vary. Other characters in the same rough set-up are also very possible.
)

Exalted: Soul Reprisal
The Exalted are not Immortal, not even the Chosen of the Sun themselves.

They can live for countless generations, seeing ages of the world turn as they remain in the fullness of their power, but at any moment they can fall to the knife of ill-fortune or adversity. It's not easy to bring low one of the Exalted and the Solars are harder to bring low than any of their kin, of course, but though they can recover from grevious wounds that would fell any mortal and fight off even the worst mortal perils, they are still mortal and if they died hard it doesn't change the fact that they died. Indeed, the Wyld Hunt has always made it a holy calling out of striking down the Sun-Children, though they've always preferred those newfound to their power who could scarcely fight back against a Brotherhood of Dragon-Blooded.

Yet, even if they overcome all the myriad threats that are aligned against them, eventually, Death comes for even the Lawgivers...

...but it wasn't old age that claimed her. No, Jantessa died well before her time, and in a manner befitting the passing of a legend. She and her Circle had stormed the corpse-fortress, Juggernaut, even as the Deathlord's colossal instrument of war crawled its way across the Inner Sea to the Blessed Isle. They didn't know what the Mask of Winters wanted with the war-torn lands of the Dragon-Blooded, and in truth, they honestly didn't care. If he'd wanted afternoon tea with Mnemon, they'd still have tried to stop him, no matter the cost. None of them had expected that the cost would be her, though, not they'd fought their way across the salt-sprayed flesh of Juggernaut and engaged the Deathlord upon the dead-Behemoth's head. They'd fought their way, bitterly, to reach that point and when they time came to strike at the ancient ghost itself she was the one that took the final deathblow.

There'd been a fell spectral scream, as the Mask of Winters vanished leaving only a twisted and battered mask behind,--

--a moment of peace, to gather their bearings and remark upon the fact that the Juggernaut seemed to be slowly sinking under the waves as its posture shifted. Sliding, ever so slowly, back under the waves. A moment of peace interrupted only by the tortured scream of the one who had struck the deathblow. The deathlord was dead and gone, but his final act manifested as terrible death curses unleashed themselves upon her, flaying great rents in her skin and wracking her very being with unbearable pain. There was little any of them could do but ease her pain as the life left her eyes. Then, in that final moment... as one of their number whistled up the Zephyr that would carry them to safety.. the saw her castemark flare back to sudden life even as her anima engulfed her.

When they could look at where her body had been again, she was gone, and they knew not where.

~

Once your life was a lie, a trick, just a bit of Solar Magic loose in the world in the rough form of a woman.

The hero who had slain the Deathlord had many such identities, little idles that occupied her time. Sometimes she was a Barmaid, a buxom beauty who would occasionally dally with her wealthier patrons and aspired to nothing more than her simple life even as she entertained idle dreams of being whisked away by a handsome wealthy man. Other times, she was a daughter of privilege and royalty, just one amongst the forgotten children of some rich potentate who understood life at court better than any many and who had learned the arts of seduction and pleasure by her own terms. She had many such lives, like the jewels of a necklace, each individually beautiful but placed upon her adornment with care and purpose.

Which one of these lives was it, that the fallen heroes soul had chosen to inhabit into that it might continue breathing, that it had infused with an ancient and primordial magic until its fate was writ strong upon the Loom of Fate and made as real as any of the countless other humans that lived on the face of Creation. It's old life only a faded memory, a lie that replaced the plucked gem, a pretty pattern that might see use again but which would never again breathe.

Was she now a thief, living in the slums of some great metropolis, and identity chosen for some purpose but now real?

Or, perhaps, she was a courtesan of some renown and skill, sought after by notables from across Creation for her finely-skilled touch and careful manners?

The memories that she bears, the power that is now her birthright, it slumbers in her for now. Just half-remembered dreams and nightmares, a hint of excellence that lives in her every breath yet does not yet answer her with the ease that it once did when she was a great hero. Only memories an patterns that await for her to remember that they exist, to remember who she was and the nature of who she is now, to reclaim the mantle of power that has been passed to her undiminished and once again stand tall as one of the Chosen of the Sun.

...to once again remember the face of the man who had been her husband, her lover, her everything..

(There are a lot of different ways that this story can go, but my primary thought is that it deals with your character slowly coming to terms with who she was and deciding just who she is now. The Catalyst for this change being the arrival of her previous incarnation's husband who has been looking for her since she passed. Someone who is like a husband or a loved one that you've lost all memory of and have to fall in love with all over again, rather than a "the man that I share a strange connection with..."

It's not destiny that you HAVE to be with him again, but someone who was very much like you once did,--

--you've changed too, though, and it's not going to be easy to be with someone who has vivid memories of a love affair with someone that no longer exists except as a pattern of behaviors in your head. You can don the mask of his wife, if you desire to do so, but she can never again be more than a mask and in a very real way the woman that he loved is dead. You are someone new, someone that your previous incarnation dreamed up for whatever reason but who is not as real a person as your "old self" ever was. So, my character, he has to fall in love with you all over again too.

Or, perhaps, the two of us have to come to terms with the fact that things will never be the same while you forge a new love with someone else.

All while you're learning, anew, what it means to be Exalted.
)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:35:56 AM by CrownedSun »

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 10:42:10 PM »
:: THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK -- FOR NOW ::
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 07:28:38 PM by CrownedSun »

::THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY BLANK -- FOR NOW::
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 06:32:39 PM by CrownedSun »

::UNDER CONSTRUCTION::
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:34:12 AM by CrownedSun »

TAKEN DEVELOPED STORY PROMPTS
Stardew Valley Nights
if you've ever played the game "Stardew Valley," then you totally get this story in general, if not-- well,-- feel free to read anyway! TAKEN

Haley didn't really have anything against Pelican Town, or the Valley itself, not really. She'd grown up here, the Valley was the only life that she'd ever known, and it was comfortable. It was also small, and that was the problem, because the pretty little blonde felt that her life here in town was too small. Sometimes she imagined she could feel this place getting to her, hemming her in and compressing her, pushing her down and forcing her into a set shape rather than just letting her be herself. She didn't want to live in this town, didn't want to get a job working at the bar like her sister or doing heaven's knows what to fit into this community that didn't really seem to have a place for people like her.

It hadn't always been a problem, of course.

Before her and Emily's parents had left on their world tour, when she'd just recently gotten out of High School, Haley didn't really have any of these concerns. It wasn't until a few months after the parents had left, when she'd first started taking her correspondence classes and took over most of the housework due to Emily having gotten a job, that Haley began to realize just how little place there was for the young woman that she envisioned herself to be in this small little valley and how little the paths that seemed available to her actually appealed to her. Even the petty little romantic dreams that she'd always had about the boy she'd always imagined she'd eventually marry seemed to have lost quite a bit of their sheen.

Haley liked Alex, but he didn't make her heart race...

She just wasn't in love with him.

Never mind that, in his own way, Alex seemed as lost as her and had even fewer answers: just empty dreams of becoming a sports star without any actual plans to make that happen. Not that she was much better, Haley understanding that she had little idea what the middle step between "taking my correspondence classes and getting my degree" and "move to the big city and become a photographer/fashionista." She wasn't even entirely sure what a 'Fashionista' was, and if you could actually learn a living doing that, and while she enjoyed photography she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it for a living. She was at least trying, though, and had something at least approaching a plan to find a little happiness in her life.

She knew, though, that there was something missing from her life.

She tried to fill the emptiness by walking around the valley, taking pictures,--
--even buying fancy dresses and hats and shoes from the mail order catalogue whenever she had the spare cash to do so.

If nothing else, at least her life was looking to get somewhat more excited, for the rumor was that someone had inherited the old farm on the edge of town. It had the entire town in more than a bit of a titter and even Haley was getting caught up in some of that energy, wondering just who the new farmer would be and what they'd be like. It was doubtful that the two of them would have much in common, of course, but she was still looking forward to having a new face around town and-- well,--- they might end up becoming friends.

You never knew, right?

Notes: Just for absolute clarity,-- if anyone is interested in this story, I'll be playing Haley, and you'll be playing whomever moves into the new farm. I mean, if someone REALLY wants to do this story and play Haley, talk to me about it and I'll consider it. Seriously, though, I absolutely adore the blonde and I wanna play her. :P The details of your farmer are entirely up to you, and you don't necessarily have to feel beholden to the storyline of the actual game, the only required part is that you're moving to Stardew Valley and taking over your Grandpa's old farm. Which you should name, or I can, it's really entirely up to you how you want to do this. I'm mostly looking for someone to play a Male opposite my Haley, for the record, but if you'd rather do this as a F/F storyline... that's workable too... just pitch me your idea and I'll seriously consider it. I could probably be talked into playing Penny, alternatively, but those are the only two characters that I'd feel comfortable running here.

Broken Hearts
a "picking up the pieces of a broken life" type story, about a man going through a messy divorce, details subject to change. TAKEN

Christopher Blake had a good life, only a few months ago, or so he'd thought. He had a good job, lived in his dream house (with a very affordable mortgage), had two cars, three cell phones, landline internet, and cable. Shelly, his 16-year old daughter, was as beautiful and intelligent a girl as any father could want, and had inherited her mother's kind heart and his own sharp mind,-- he worried about her starting to date, admittedly, but that was just another part of the 'good life'. He thought he had a good marriage, 16-years of happiness with only the third girl he'd ever dated and by far the best lover he'd ever been with. Sure, Amanda had put on a few pounds over the years, but he still loved her: still wanted her.

He still didn't understand how a woman who had, just the week previous, given him a blowjob and ridden him all night like they were back in college could then serve him with divorce papers and ask him to move out of the House that he'd helped to build just as much as she had. It didn't make any goddamned sense to him and she refused to talk to him about what it was: he wasn't fucking his secretary, he didn't spend all of his time at work to the neglect of his family, and he was sweet and sensitive and a good listener. It didn't make any goddamned sense to him!

Shelly didn't understand it, either, and in the manner of children was blaming herself...

...it'd led to many tearful intimate conversations between Father and Daughter, hoping to get her to understand that it wasn't her fault,- that sometimes things didn't work out,- but that it didn't mean that either of her parents loved her any less. Which, well, he assumed was true. As far as he was told by his daughter, Amanda seemed perfectly content now that he was gone, almost as if she really didn't care one way or the other about the well-being of her husband. The only time she seemed upset, at all, is when she and her daughter got into a row. Which, at the very least, was something.

So, he'd moved out, getting himself a small little apartment not far from where he worked and more or less planning on eating as much of the divorce as he could. There'd been more than a few arguments with his divorce attorney about that, of course, the grubby little man making it clear that he didn't think they should give Amanda anything unless he supplies her husband with some kind of explanation. Chris was just done, though, if she was ready to throw their marriage away like that then it obviously wasn't important to her. There wasn't anything medically wrong with her, the Doctor's had cleared that real quick and he'd only bothered to pay the Private Investigator for a few weeks before admitting to himself that she wasn't having any kind of affair.

She'd just hit the emergency break on their marriage and he might never even find out why.

Notes: What happens from here is entirely up to the two of us. I like this specific scenario, the stark reality of it, and I can see it going all sorts of different ways. Maybe the story is about him and Amanda working through whatever the issues are and getting back together, assuming we can come up with a good reason for why she broke up with him and how they'd end up back together. More likely, though, he meets someone else,-- ranging from a coworker who has always been interested in him, to a kindred spirit in the form of a bitter divorcee who hates men but can't quite gie them up, to your 'average' Manic Pixie Dream Girl who helps to revitalize his life (but with more sex than that typically involves.) The only scenario off of this that I'm not interested in is Father/daughter incest, as that is listed in my "Hard Limit's", so please don't even ask. Though one of his daughters friends or something like that could work with the right idea. This is a story that I see involving a lot of banter, anyway, and probably a lot of drinking and booze and talking about his ex-wife and everything. Christopher is not in a happy place right now.

TAKEN STORY IDEAS
These are just, you know, story ideas that someone has already approached me about and which I'm either currently writing,-- started writing and the idea fell through but I'm not ready to try again,-- or which I've finished writing and am no longer really interested in anymore. I.e., these ideas aren't really available but if one of them really appeals to you or you have a different take on it? Feel free to run it by me.
  • In The Claws of Insomnia (TAKEN)
    Nathan was beginning to feel a bit like a Zombie, honestly, it having been months since he got anything approaching a decent night's sleep. He'll just fall down onto his bed and collapse, now and again, and if he gets more than two or three hours then that counts as a decent night's sleep by his standing. Mostly, though, Nathan was living a life harshly regulated by alarms and coffee. It hadn't been easy, and thank god he lived in the city where he could pretty much didn't have to drive and that his job was pretty much just... mind-numbing.. which was something he never thought he'd ever say in his life.

Once he'd gotten used to just-- not sleeping,-- he'd found the hardest part of it all was just keeping himself occupied throughout the long hours of the night.

He'd listen to music, play videogames, goof around on the internet and chat with far-flung people from other-timezones. Really, just anything to stave off boredom, since there was nothing worse than being absolutely exhausted and utterly utterly bored. (That was called: Work.) The other thing Nathan liked to do, of course, was go on walks. The world was so different at 3am, and while it'd felt a little odd being outside at that hour at first, he'd... gotten used to it. It was kind of nice, anyway, wandering the empty streets with no company except the empty vault of the night sky.

He didn't notice Her until a few weeks ago, but rather or not that was because she was new to the area or he'd just never noticed her,-- that wasn't clear,--

She lived across the street, in a nigh-identical apartment complex to his own, occupying some unit on the third floor. Near as he could tell, she didn't sleep much more than he did, if she did at all. He'd just noticed that there was always a light on up there, at first, but Nathan had gradually come to learn more and more about his not-really-neighbor in Insomnia. She was about his age, pretty in a dried out 'needs more sleep,' kind of way that he imagined he shared, and had managed to get a job slinging coffee at a nearby cafe.

He felt a weird kinship with her, despite not knowing her name or the least thing about her,--

--just a figure he'd see in the window, now and again, with whom he shared the occasional wave at ungodly hours of the evening when they spotted each other. He'd pondered going and visiting her cafe, just to say hello and introduce himself, but he could never figure out a way to do it without coming across like a stalker. Plus, it wasn't like "can't sleep" was all that much to have in common, really, so who knew if they'd even get along in the end anyway?

...to say that he was surprised when he had a knock on his door at 2:45 would be an understatement..

There she was, though, when he opened the door.

"...hey.. You're welcome to come in, I guess.. Coffee?"
  • I Never Noticed You, not until my life fell apart,-- after my fiance left me at the altar, or after I took my parents' death particularly hard, whatever it was,-- you were there for me. A shoulder to cry on, arms to wrap around me and hands to stroke down my back, someone who cared and way more than I figured. The time I told you that I didn't want to be alone, and you just nodded and climbed into bed with me, I knew that you were more than a friend and it amazed me that I never noticed before. How long have you been in love with me? Can you forgive me for being such a blind fool? This is the kind of story where we probably play through the entire thing right from the beginning, with my character gradually discovering what he'd been missing because it was right in front of his eyes, and your a bit distant at first but gradually giving in.
  • The Witch and the Widower, you've lived outside of the Village for a very very long time, always alone and somewhat shunned for your strange powers. They leave you goods and come to you for folk remedies and the occasional working of magic, but they don't let you into their homes or share with you their joys. You have, though, shared in my Sorrow. Ever since my wife died, I've been drifting further and further from the rest of the villagers and you've more and more frequently run into me in the wilderness while you're gathering herbs. We talk sometimes, but its not until you hear my fervent knocking at your door and open it to find me bleeding your stoop that we begin to become truly close to one another.
And, of course, some of the more 'story seed' ideas that I'm either currently writing a story on or have previously done so.
  • the geeky computer-guy and the prim popular sorority girl,-- this just appeals to me, a very much 'different people drawn together', kind of story, focusing on their love story in particular.
  • a story where I'm a young attractive priest, new to the parish and taking over for the late Father, and you're the seductive young minx that has set your eyes on me and intends to make me break my vows.
  • You're a pretty bosom-y serving girl at the village Inne, I'm the injured Adventurer spending some time in town recuperating. Be careful, when your ontop of me, or you might re-open my stitches.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 08:39:43 PM by CrownedSun »