An RPG sandbox where the players are stricken with a curse and forced to find mcguffins to cure it, lest they fall victim to its mind-altering (read: slut-ifying) effects. Players can go wherever they like, although horrible danger of a usually sexual nature is around every corner, not to mention the clock is ticking...(Applications are Closed)
Thanks for all the interest!A Brief Story
3000 years ago, in what's now known as Laughing Fey Forest, there was a Satyr by the name of Vrixiel. Though handsome and seductive, Vrixiel was also arrogant and brash and he split his time evenly between seducing females and then boasting about it to anyone in earshot. During a particularly inebriated round of boasting, Virxiel claimed he could have any woman he desired, including the queen of the dryads. Unfortunately for him, this was during a party the queen was attending. Rather than have him horsewhipped like most people would assume, she invited him to her bedchamber. Vrixiel, swelled with pride, accepted without a second thought and ended up waking outside the queen's home a week later with no memory of what happened inside.
In the days that followed, rumors reached the satyr's ears that a "Shrine to Vrixiel" had been erected of magical stone and wood and that "All who aspire to his greatness should visit." Naturally, having assumed he had been a sexual dynamo of legendary proportions with the queen, Vrixiel set off to the forest shrine. He arrived, greeted by carved mosaics of sexual conquest and general hedonism on every wall. In the center of the shrine was an altar, decorated with flowers and a cloak so well-made it would be fit for a fey king. Assuming it was for him, Vrixiel donned the cloak, finding it befitting of his stature and relaxed on the altar, drinking in what he thought was his well-deserved adulation.
His celebratory nap was cut short, however, when he woke up to find the cloak vanished from his back... and his body changed to resemble that of a particularly plain-looking nymph (beautiful but not BLINDINGLY so). Worse yet, he was dressed in an outfit that even a satyr might judge as too provocative... and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't remove it. Vrixiel ran from the shrine and headed back into the forest to his home to seek help... but he found his senses were a little bit dulled and his head a little bit cloudy and his body just a little bit hot... He quickly became lost in the forest and found his voice and memory failed him when he tried to tell others of what happened to him. When he finally returned, days later, his memory of the man he was, as well as his intellect, had entirely drained from him, replaced with nothing more than a dull, cloudy haze of sexual need. He soon found himself happily being passed around his circle of satyr friends as a sex toy and that ended the tale of Vrixiel.
Most intelligent fey could deduce what happened, but most kept the shrine's curse a secret, hoping to lure anyone who aspired to be like the arrogant Vrixiel into the same trap. Unfortunately, that fact and the passage of time made the tales of the shrine... fuzzy to say the least. Bard's tales of the shrine shift between describing the place as teeming with powerful fey artifacts, a place where adventurers vanish without a trace and a place where loose women congregate. Sometimes the tales would combine all three. Most locals, however, are at least aware
the shrine is cursed with a few magically-adept ones knowing the full nature of it.
YOU however, are not aware of this. You're from out of town and as far as you know the shrine just holds some pretty sweet magic items you can make use of.Where do you fit in?
Were you lured to this region by the local king calling for adventurers to help slay the dangerous monsters that plague his land?
Perhaps the mysterious ruins of magical nature that dot the landscape called to you?
Maybe you were run out of your village in the northern badlands into this kingdom by a band of marauding orcs or minotaur?
Could you be a mere sell-sword the kingdom hired to fight in its war that ended not a week ago, now cast out and searching for work?
Were you here chasing (or joining) a band of southern slavers who prey on the populace, lured by the rumors of the occasional lust-starved woman who appears from the forest?
Or maybe the rumor of there being occasionally lust-starved women appearing randomly out of the forest was enough for you.
Either way, you're about to embark on what can only charitably be described as an adventure, though it's probably going to feel a bit more like a panicked run-around.
Players will start off in The Shrine of the Baleful Fey, presented with a piece of armor they could only dream about. We're talking +3 Adamantine Breastplates, Belt of Physical Perfection +4, or a Headband of mental prowess +4, or similarly tempting items, something the character would utterly crave. Unfortunately, as you might have guessed, the items are cursed, provide no magical benefit and magically puts whatever clothes you were wearing into your backpack to be replaced with something skimpy and provocative. It also polymorphs you into an attractive female or simply a more
attractive female as the case may be. (DM note: This can keep you male and/or maybe just turn you more effeminate, I can be flexible here. Just remember that the setting is rife with perverted male antagonists.).
What happens next is entirely up to the players! Though if I were them, I would seek advice on how to lift this curse with rather a lot of haste. You DID hear of a knowledgeable local alchemist in the thorp of Windal...What you should expect:
What I need from you:
- This setting will be lousy with threats of a sexual nature. For reasons I can only describe as "this is
kind of a porn game" most every location outside of the starter town will have SOME kind of threat which will be more than happy to take advantage of an attractive yet helpless adventurer.
- Travel time, food and money will be monitored very closely as the players are on a time limit and gold does not rain from the sky like in most adventures.
- In keeping with the pervy nature of the game, you should expect a lot of non-lethal damage and grapple checks. Very few things will want to see you dead.
- Monsterous Humanoids, Tentacles, Slimes, Baleful Polymorphs, Magic, Slavery and Bondage will be common themes.
- Curse of the Spoiled Nymph will force you to make daily will saves, lest it addle your mind just a little bit more. It also gets a power it can use 3 times a day, rolling against your willpower to replace your clothing again, with whatever it likes, though it'll generally be something that makes whatever situation you're in harder or more awkward, or both. Luckily, your clothing appears in your backpack again.
- Your character will be unable to remember what cursed them and if they DO piece it together, the curse prevents them from describing it.
- Standard 15-point buy... maybe 20 if everyone really wants it.
- There are Bad Endings.
- You can soldier on even despite capture with the only true failure state being the entire party succumbing to the curse or dying as the case may be. Granted, there will be magic the party will be poorly-equipped to deal with...
- Despite all this, I'm usually very accommodating as a GM and I probably won't force you into something you don't want.
- A Character Idea! Don't ACTUALLY stat out the character yet, not until things are decided upon. You CANNOT be a local. The setting hinges on you being from outside the kingdom and knowing little of its dangers.
- A System Preference! This has Pathfinder in mind and most people seem to lean towards it but I'm still keeping FATE open as far less rules-heavy option if people prefer it. [EDIT: This is looking very much Pathfinder barring a complete change in player preference]
- What You Want! If you've read this far and want to play the game there must be SOMETHING that appeals to you. What is it? What do you hope to get out of this game? What do you EXPECT to get out of this game?
- Kinks! What erotic elements would you like? How should erotic elements be handled? Fade to black? DM describing your horrible fate? Do you want your characters to be disposable and left to Bad Ends and have new ones join up?
- Anything Else! Comments and criticism are welcomed.
[EDIT: More Notes]
That's the world map up there.
I may do some minor god-modding to keep the game moving, especially during combats.
I probably won't take more than 6 people, if we even get that many applicants. 1 spot is reserved.
This is a porny game and I'm new at DMing play by posts so please be patient with me and try not to take it TOO seriously.
Power-gamers may find Survival, Escape Artist, Sense Motive, Disable Device, and Knowledge (Local, Nature and Arcana) to be especially helpful. Though if you're trying that hard to win you may be missing the point.
I would prefer if players post at least 4 times a week, hopefully more if the party has a back and forth conversation or a combat.
Length is however much you feel you need.
Initative will matter as to who acts first but you can post in any order and I'll have actions go off accordingly.