You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 02:17:44 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Microsoft Word 2013 questions.  (Read 172 times)

Offline BlinkinTopic starter

• Court Jester extraordinaire!
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • I try to be good, but it's such hard work!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Microsoft Word 2013 questions.
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:28:25 AM »
Hello All, and thanks in advance for any advice that may be offered.

I'm new to using Word 2013, up from Word XP. I hate the ribbon, but I'm trying to figure it out.

Two questions come to mind, and I hope someone can tell me, step by step, and in terms that an idiot like me can understand, how to make a couple of changes to the default settings. Selecting things in the ribbons apparently won't even save to individual documents.

1. I want to change the default print view to Draft view. It's simply easier for me to work with and feels familiar to me. When I select it, and save a document, the document reopens in print again.

2. I want to open directly to a new document when I open Word, not the screen with the seemingly endless list of types of pages.

Anyone able to help me?

Thanks

Offline Song

Re: Microsoft Word 2013 questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 06:39:29 PM »
1. http://wordribbon.tips.net/T009318_Making_Draft_View_the_Default_View.html (Not sure if this works. Never tried to do this myself)

2. Create a blank document so that you can access the application’s menu, and then choose File > Options > General.

At the bottom of the Options window is a section labeled “Start Up Options.” Here, uncheck the box for “Show the Start screen when this application starts.” Press OK when you’re done to save your change, then close the Office 2013 application and re-launch it.

If you want to do the same for the rest of your Office, it requires some RegEdit jiggerypokery, so I'll not get to that unless you want me to.

Offline BlinkinTopic starter

• Court Jester extraordinaire!
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • I try to be good, but it's such hard work!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Microsoft Word 2013 questions.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 06:43:18 PM »
Thanks, I'll look at these and give it a try. :)

Don't suppose that you know a way to make Outlook easier to deal with? lol