You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 03:20:47 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Blinkins Thinkins (RP Ideas and request)  (Read 7206 times)

Offline BlinkinTopic starter

• Court Jester extraordinaire!
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • I try to be good, but it's such hard work!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Blinkins Thinkins (RP Ideas and request)
« on: April 01, 2012, 11:22:59 AM »
Hello and thank you for taking a few moments to look at my request thread. :)

Let me begin by saying that any and all story concepts that I may offer, in this thread or others, are open to discussion, alteration and complete rewrites to better fit the interest of my partner(s). I welcome both your suggestions and story concepts as well.
My On’s and Off’s can be found here. I would suggest that you take a quick peek to make sure that we are compatible. As a general rule, if it's not in my Off's, I'm willing to try anything once... twice if I like it. ;)

A Little About Me
This is always a tough topic to tackle, so please bear with me.

I’ve been roleplaying and writing in one form or another for nearly 30 years; from the ancient BBS and MUDs to chatrooms and IM's to tabletop and LARP. These days, I'm only interested in writing/roleplaying in forums.[/justify

Blindness and Role-Playing

[size=22]I am blind.[/size][/i]

What this means is that while I can write in a descriptive, even colorful fashion, I cannot see images of any kind. While I appreciate that people like to have visual prompts to fuel their imaginations, I'm afraid that I can't see these images. This also means that I cannot offer images of my own for you to use without assistance. For what I feel are understandable reasons, I am reluctant to ask others to search for and provide me with an image for a story with another player. What I can do is give you as thorough of a description as you might like of the character that I intend to play and continue to add detail to the description to aid you in visualizing the character. If you must have such an image, I welcome you to pick something that would work for you and use it with my blessing. There is a detailed explanation on how I use computers in a spoiler at the bottom of this post for the curious.

A quick note on names, grammar and spelling. Because I don’t always get the correct spelling of names, due in part to how my screen reader pronounces names, I not only welcome corrections when I make a mistake, but ask for these corrections. As an example, Dana and Donna are pronounced differently, but my software pronounces both of them as “Donna”. In the same way, some words are not pronounced correctly and I make mistakes in spelling them. While I strive to get everything correct, if I make typoes, or everything isn’t grammatically perfect, I don't get overly concerned about it. As I suspect is true of most of us, I don’t have a Harvard English degree, so, if you expect a publishable level of quality from your partner… well, I may not be a good fit for you. This is a hobby, not a profession and I try to get things right; like everyone, I don't always succeed.

In a similar vein, some forms of punctuation are vital for me to understand what is being written. Proper usage of elements such as the period ).), apostrophy ('), capitalization, and the comma (,) allows my screen reader to properly read material that I'm trying to read. If you don't use a period and capitalization in particular, understanding what you are trying to convey is very, very difficult.

Pre-Play Discussions

I love to take the time to talk about the story, the characters and what each of us would like to get from a partnership. I believe that open lines of communications are a must. I love the process of developing characters, so you should expect some time to be spent before we think about starting a story; it's just one of those things that I need to do and this, coupled with discussions of the story itself, might take some time before I'm ready to start the easy part of writing in a thread.  It's when I feel rushed to begin the actual thread that I begin to feel my enthusiasm for the story diminish and I become reluctant to begin at all.

While I love to pre-plan a lot, I’m also a fan of letting the story flow where it will. When the characters take on a life of their own and they begin to guide the story, it really comes alive for me; It’s a living and breathing thing and we are just telling the story for it. Nothing is more enjoyable for me than to discover where things are going to go once we give it breath. Structure is good, but freedom is better!

Writing and Posting Patterns

I am a strong believer in the concept of quality over quantity. I don’t require a minimum number of words or paragraphs because it’s a flawed assumption that numbers make a good story; Any 5th grader can fill a page with words, but a word-smith can do the same with a paragraph. If you can get across what you’re trying to say in 4 or 5 sentenses, it’s fine. If you need 1,200 words, that’s ok too. If you require a certain number of paragraphs, or so many words in a post, I may not be the right fit for you. I can (obviously) produce a lot of content, but what am I really saying if my goal is to just put a lot of words into a post? I've read that politics is the art of saying nothing with as many words as possible; so lets try to not make role-play an example of political theory, shall we?

I try to respond to all of my threads within 72 hours. Unfortunately, life, the ISP or even the muse just doesn’t allow me to keep to this time frame. I have responded as often as 10 to 12 times a day if everything is working the right way, or a post every couple of days may be more realistic. If you don’t see a response from me by the end of a week, drop me a PM; I may not of seen the post or, as seems to happen more and more often, , my own post never got into the thread.

I always write in third person, past tense. This is just what I'm comfortable with and works best for me. I will not ask my partner to use the same writing style, but it is what I'm most comfortable with.

I play both male and female characters; I’ve been told on more than a few occasions that I play a convincing female. Of course, if you’re determined to find a flaw, you will, but overall, I think that I do a good job. At any rate, the sex of my partner and the sex of the character that they play has no bearing on my willingness to write with them. If you’re male and want to play a female, a hermaphrodite, a dog, hell, if you want to play an asteroid, it’s fine with me. Same with a female player. As long as you want to try to do it well, I’m happy to write with you.

Contacting Me

I am very old school about common courtesy; even if it’s not-so-common these days. If you PM me, I will give you a response. I feel that if you put forth the effort of writing to me that you deserve the respect of a response, even if that response is only a “No thank you”.

How The Blind Use A Computer

Yes, I Really Am Blind. So, How do I write and use a web-site?

I've been asked about this dozens of times since I've joined E, and I don't mind answering the question; if you never ask a question, you'll never get an answer, right?

But, after explaining it so many times, it dawned on me that perhaps I should just add it to my introduction and hope that while someone is hopefully reading this post, they'll read this part as well.

The short and sweet of it is that I use what is called a screen reader. This is a program, software application, or simply an app that converts text on a display into an audible format via speakers. The software "reads" the screen to me and then reads back to me what I type on the keyboard. The application is called JAWS, or Job Access For Windows, and is produced by Freedom Scientific in Florida. The program is pretty robust, but it has some limitations. First of all, it can't describe, or even tell me that there are graphics on the screen. So, when you send me an image, I don't even know that it's there if you don't point it out. I still can't see it, but i'll know that it's there at that point.

Another limitation is that it doesn't usually tell me about formatting in post or PM's. If I quote the text, I can see the marks, but just reading, it all looks the same. I do obviously use formatting, and that isn't a problem... just seeing it. Spelling of some words and names are also difficult, so I may not be aware that a name is spelled oddly or a particular word is misspelled. Some of those misspelled words are actually the correct spelling of a similar word and spell-checkers won't catch them. Typo's are a way of life for me and if it's an issue... there's not a lot that I can do for it.

That is, in a nutshell, how I communicate via the internet, computers and E with all of you. I hope that this has made sense to someone out there.

Thank you for reading this and my most current request can be found in the next post.

Sincerely,
Blinkin

« Last Edit: Today at 11:54:01 AM by Blinkin »

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Re: Blinkins Thinkins (RP Ideas and request)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 11:02:54 AM »
Here are some of the story concepts that I’m offering at the moment. Take a look at them and if something looks interesting, but not quite right, send me a PM with what you like about it and we can work toward something mutually enjoyable. Unless otherwise specified, I am happy to play either role in these story concepts.

As always, I’m interested in your own ideas, so if you have one you want to run past me, please do send it to me!

All names are just place markers and can be changed at will.

The Craving Scale:
<*>   No real craving at the moment.
<**>    Happy to play.
<***>    Want to Play!
<****>    God Yes!!!

What Happened In Vegas…
Content: M/F, light, humor, potential romance, potential kinks/fetishes.
<***>

One of New York’s social elite attends a batchlor’s party in Las Vegas only to wake up the next morning with a hang-over, a stripper in his bed and anew wife… What will his high-society fiance’ say when she finds out?

Full Description
[/center
Alex thought that it was a little tacky for the son of a texas billionaire to want to get married in ‘Vegas, but when your best-friend since your freshman year at an Ivy League university wants you to be the best man at his wedding, how do you say no?

On the other hand, a few days in Sin City could be fun... Lindsay, Alex's fiance' can't make it; she's heading up that big charity ball to save the dolphins... or is it baby seals? Siberian Tigers? It's so hard to keep up that a few days in Las Vegas sounds pretty good just to get away from all of the demands of being part of the social elite!

The first day goes well enough; all of the old gang is there and that means that all of the old habits reemerge... bar hopping, drinking, tall tales and strippers... Alex, fortunately, keeps his head well enough to remember that he's engaged to one of the daughters of an industry icon... and the families really want the union to be without any hint of scandal.

The Batchlor's party is a huge hit; good booze, good food and a stripper... there has to be a stripper... that's easy on the eyes. It's a real shame that Alex can't remember much of the party after the second stripper arrived.

The next morning, the hang-over is an unpleasant reminder that he wasn't in college anymore and mixing beer and the hard stuff always left him with the worst effects... It's about then that he realizes that he's not alone in the big bed... a female body.... that was easy to tell from the feel of breasts pressed against his chest, the body  sprawled across him; a careful touch of his hand on a nicely curved and firm backside confirmed that said female was also naked... That ruled out Lindsay; she never sprawled and never, ever, slept naked... and her rump wasn't as curved as this one.

He forced his eyes open and looked down at... he froze as he recognized the second stripper... the younger one... and his eyes caught on the diamond ring... the 3 carat if it was a chip diamond ring... and glanced back up into a pair of sleepy... lovely... eyes and a lazy smile.

"'Morning Honey, you sure can wear a girl out!" She stretched up and planted a kiss on his lips, "If the rest of our marriage is as good as the wedding night, I'm going to be a very happy girl!"

"Oh... my... God..."

Spy The Bride’s Secret
Content: M/F, D/S, Cuckold, blackmail, potential kinks/fetishes.
 <****>

A newlywed wife is faced with a secret from her past when a former Dom reenters her life and demands her submission. How will it effect her marriage and relationship with her husband as she falls back under the control of her Master and has to struggle with the fact that a part of her wants it?

Full Description
They were newlyweds; just 4 months out from their wedding day when Emily sat down with her new husband and met his eyes, "Honey... I need to talk to you about... something." she started out slowly.

Rob looked at her and took her hands in his, "What's wrong Baby? Surely it can't be that bad." he said in a reassuring voice.

Emily closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "There's something that you don't know about me Rob... something in my past that I thought was locked away forever." She opened her eyes and looked into the eyes of the man that she loved, "Another man owns me." she said in a quick exhalation of air... maybe if she got it out, it would be easier.

"I don't understand..."

"When I was 18, I met someone... he was older, charming...intelligent... and I... became involved with him." She bit her lower lip and sighed, "I became his slave... when I went off to university, I thought that it was over... a little adventure that I could put into my memories... but when I came home for vacation or holidays, he was always there." She sniffled softly and a tear ran down her cheek, "Then, I met you and I told him that I was in love, that I couldn't do it anymore... he told me that I was free to love anyone."

Rob gave her a confused, concerned expression, "That's in the past Darling, it's not important."

Emily shook her head slowly, "No, it's not Rob... he has.... ordered that I return to him.... I can't disobey or my family will suffer... I love you Rob, but I can't refuse."

"That's horseshit, we'll call the cops, charge him with something-"

"No Rob. He has... information that would ruinall of our lives... I have to go to him... He requires my presence every weekend... you can have me the rest of the time... if you want a weekend, then he takes 4 days during the week." She was openly crying by that point, "Master is a very powerful man and he can take everything from us."

Rob shook his head slowly, "What will he ask you to do?"

"Whatever he wants Honey.... anything he wants."

"But-"

Emily touched his lips with a fingertip, "You don't want to know what I've had to do in the past... trust me. The old agreement stands. He won't try to make any alterations to my body, but he can do with it as he wills... I'm sorry Honey." she wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in his shoulder, "Please don't hate me!"
[/spoiler]

Friends With Benefits
Content: M/F, Romance, potential pregnancy, potential kinks/fetishes.
 <***>

Two life-long friends turn to each other after failed relationships for sex and discovers that there’s much more beneath the surface than either wants to admit.

Full Description
They had been the best of friends for as long as they could remember. They grew up next door to each other and even though they were boy and girl, in many ways, they were closer than siblings.

They had the first experimental kiss with each other when they were 10; played house and show and tell when they were 12. When they turned 16, they tried dating and it was... well disaster might of been too mild of a term. Still, they remained best friends and had few secrets from each other.

Perhaps it was just a bad break-up, or a hard divorce, but they find themselves single and dreading another try in the dating pool... but the itch still comes up and neither have ever been into one-night-stands... so what do you do? Maybe your best friend could help you out with some no-strings attached sex? What could it hurt?

The down side is that nothing is ever without strings...
[/spoiler]

You Belong With Me!
Content: M/F, Teens, Romance, Potential Kinks/Fetishes.
 <***>

She’s loved him since grade school, watched him go through all the aches and pain of puberty and the ups and downs of dating and he never knew that she was the one for him… Until his latest fight with his girlfriend and she makes a daring move. Can their friendship survive the transition from best-friends to dating couple or will he even return her affections?

Full Description
April sat on the edge of his bed, her eyes following him as he paced back and forth, 5 steps from one wall to the other; she had counted them many times and knew that he had taken 53 of them tonight. Tom was… well, not ranting… letting off steam maybe? He had called her half an hour before, needing someone to talk to after the latest fight with his cheerleader girlfriend, Hope… the bitch! April hoped that the little slut would get a clue this time… or at least Tom would and not take her back again… Afterall, Hope didn’t really care about him; not the way that April did.

April had been in love with Tom since that first day of school in the 3rd grade when she had been the new girl and he had shared his PB&J with her after Hope had stolen her own lunch… the bitch! Hope didn’t know his favorite song… didn’t care that his favorite color was red… she didn’t bother to find out that Tom wanted to be an archetech and loved drawing. She didn’t even know thatTom hated peas… But April did know and a lot more to boot!

April wasn’t a cheerleader, but she didn’t lack for attractiveness, or invitations to go out… she just didn’t want to date anyone but Tom… and he didn’t think of her as anything more than a friend… which had been the subject of the fight and that steamed April to no end! Hope had demanded that Tom stop spending any time at all with April… that he should be spending every waking moment with her! As if they had anything in common.

Finally, Tom fell back on the bed and blew out a breath. “It’s over this time, I’m tired of the hot and cold thing.” He pronounced as she turned and looked down at him. Was this her chance? Could she finally make him see that he belonged with her? With a pounding in her chest that rivaled the wasp in her stomach, he suddenly leaned over and kissed him… hard… When she pulled back, she looked into his eyes and hoped that he wasn’t thinking about Hope.
A Note About Characters
Thank you again for looking at my request list; I hope that you have found something that interest you enough to drop me a PM. I feel that I should make a few remarks about characters and how I feel about them.

The characters are the heart of any story; without interesting and well thought out characters, all you have is a backdrop with nothing to put on the stage. What would Gone With The Wind (Yes, I know any reference to the Civil War is forbidden in current society) be without Rett and Scarlet? Just a long series of scenes of empty rooms and a war someplace in the distance. So, I tend to like to take time to develop characters and give them backgrounds, personalities and flaws. I want my partner to take the time as well and craft people with depth and lives. This can sometimes take days to weeks and I have learned that anyone who wants to rush into writing the story without thinking about characters will not be a good fit for me…. So be prepared to talk at length about who you invision your character as being and what motivates them; what are their dreams and desires and all of the rest as well. Again, without the characters, all you have is an empty stage.

Elements that I want to try but don't have storie concepts for
Breasts/nipple play/bondage
Doctor/patient
Incest, Father/Daughter
Inflation
Intrigue
Kinks
Lactation
Original characters in fandoms
perversions
Regency Era
Super-hero romance
And many that I haven't thought of yet.

See my one-shot's here!
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:38:09 PM by Blinkin »

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Re: Blinkins Thinkins (RP Ideas and request)
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 07:38:49 PM »
All new ideas!