"Abyssus abyssum invocat. In sanguine dedicatum est in Christo loquimur."
Hell calls hell. In blood, we are dedicated again to Christ.
general interest check--I've never seen a check for this one before, so I figured 'hey, why not?' I'm not sure if it'll get much in the way of interest, since this isn't one of the more popular/heavily played lines, but nothing ventured/nothing gained, right?
I've been interested in running something with the Dark Ages: Inquisitor
material for a while. I don't 100% have a plotline yet, but I can craft something based on player interest. Anyways, general idea of of this sort of game would be...
* The year is 1230 (13th century)
* Catholicism--all PCs are Catholic and must be a member of one of the Order/organizations listed in the rulebook
* Debating on a setting of France, the Holy Roman Empire, or Iberia
* Politics-oriented with PCs rooting out monsters who've insinuated themselves into the hierarchy or nobility, things like that.
* Possible Themes:
the challenges/tribulations of faith, what it means to be 'human,' dealing with tragedy and loss, rooting out heresy, balancing faith with the demands of politics and everyday lifeExpectations of players:
* This is a system game, not freeform....but I do emphasize "role" playing over "roll" playing. Uses Dark Ages: Inquisitor
rules from the World of Darkness. Access to that book and the Companion book are a necessity to play. I'll also be using the Dark Ages: Europe
book as a supplement, but players wouldn't need that one, since its setting material.
* Mature takes on religion and history, with the understanding that we're not striving for historical/factual accuracy, but rather what is more fun/dramatic for a roleplay.
* Mature takes on gender and sexuality, considering the year is 1230 with a conservative 'Inquisitorial' focus
* No, seriously, the above two. These are sensitive subjects, and if you are the type to argue/nitpick, please give this game a pass. I want a roleplay group, not a PROC debate thread.
* Sex is not a focus of this game, but it would be permitted between PCs in a separate thread. I'd also be willing to write NPCs for that purpose--after all, being a champion of God isn't exactly fun without at least the risk of temptation
* Game would be NC: Human
* I welcome LGBTQA characters, but keep in mind that this is a historical horror-type game in the year 1230 and keep in mind what status LGBTQA folks had at that point, particularly with the Church.
* Prefer writers who will write with crossgender writers (Lords writing female characters, Ladies writing male characters, Lieges writing what they like)
* Looking for maybe 4 characters. Not first-come first-serve. I'll put up a character sheet template if I see sufficient interest.
I'm open to input from interested people about settings/themes/enemies they'd want to see, of course. This is just a very incredibly vague idea for an interest check. My posting rate would be a couple of times a week for it, most likely. So not too fast, not too slow.
Anyways, sorry if the above is badly written. Threw it together a bit slapdash around 3 a.m. >_>