You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 06:18:31 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Google image searches  (Read 308 times)

Offline DonnaSalmerTopic starter

Google image searches
« on: November 14, 2015, 07:35:41 PM »
Does anyone know why Google image searches have changed. When I search for images and click on an image, when I cut and paste, it shows up with the google search string as part of the URL. When I post with the hide tag there is nothing there. It didn't  used to do that.

Offline BAMF

Re: Google image searches
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 07:45:23 PM »
They've opted for a more 'theater style view.' It's the same as what Facebook does, & the reason behind their monstrosity of URLs. To combat it, click the option that says "view image" when it pops up.

Alternatively, right-click the image > open in new tab. Then copy the image url.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 07:57:57 PM »
Thanks BAMF I'm using a tablet. It doesn't offer the "view image" option anymore. That's  part of the problem.

Offline Oreo

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 09:05:57 PM »
Were you using that as a way to hotlink images to E? If so they need to go to a hosting site (like Photobucket, Pinterest) or to the Wiki before being posted on Elliquiy.

Offline Oreo

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 10:33:45 PM »
You can link them without using a photo bucket.  Here is an example. Using a URL.

http://www.wnc-woman.com/september04images/jen&estee.jpg

Or

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

What I meant was hotlinking is against the site rules. The images must be hosted on a reputable site before linking to Elliquiy. We have had past trouble with members getting a virus by hotlinking images. Hosting the images prevents this from happening.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 09:06:27 AM »
Oh thank you for telling me that.