You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 21, 2016, 05:15:53 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
October & November 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Space Samurai [L5R meets Star Wars]  (Read 229 times)

Offline BigBuckBobTopic starter

Space Samurai [L5R meets Star Wars]
« on: August 27, 2015, 08:43:37 PM »
Sort of an interest check. I love L5R as a player, but don't know the lore and history well enough to run a game. So, send it to space with some strong star wars influence. But, the lore will not follow directly either one.

Essentially, make a L5R character. Certain aspects will be adjusted for sci-fi and space. Katana becomes lightsaber, clan lands become planets, The dragonfly inhabit a moon that orbits the Dragon home planet. Ronin travel in wandering transport ship colonies [like Tali'zorah from mass effect]  etc.

Feel free to make substitutions on character sheets for a space epic, but stay within the basic outline of the character.

If I can get reasonable interest, and you can keep the character creation process simple, I think it might work out.

40 xp to start. I will want the twenty questions before we get too far into the story, but not before submitting a character or even necessarily, before we start.

Offline Marie Reynolds

Re: Space Samurai [L5R meets Star Wars]
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »
Hey just thought I'd let you know in one of the source books they do have a Rokugan in space write up. If you want i can go digging and find out which one for you? At least  for 4th edition they did.

Online HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 07:19:56 PM »
Imperial Histories 2.

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 08:26:50 PM »
My ideas are so good, they retroactively already exist. However, i do not have that book, so homebrew. Unless someone else decides to run it

Offline ZephySempai

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 08:10:51 PM »
Would someone completely unfamiliar with L5R be at a disadvantage when it comes to character creation and participating in the game? For example, if I were to make a completely original character, is there any crucial information I would have to know, like the different clans, state affairs, rivalries and that sort of stuff? I've been interested in playing a samurai for a little while now so I'd definitely be interested in this game if its simple enough to wrap my head around.

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 11:43:53 PM »
One of the main reasons I was excited by the idea is because I only have a thin understanding of the rivalries and clan heritage and other such major background information. So I would need to post my own 'State of the Empire' to get everyone on the same page.

If it gets made I will provide links to the Code of Bushido, the Twenty Questions, and a character creator.  And if you behave odd in character, I'll send you a pm to let you know what society would expect, to see if you are deliberately thwarting societal norms or just unclear.