You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 03:57:29 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Forest, (Survival, based off of the game.)  (Read 380 times)

Offline Lustful BrideTopic starter

• "Logic is for Squares."
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
The Forest, (Survival, based off of the game.)
« on: August 06, 2015, 09:47:59 AM »
After watching some playthroughs of the newly updated game The Forest, I thought it might be fun to see if anyone else is kind of interested in something either semi serious or off the walls crazy inspired by the game, with slight Eldritch horror tossed in.
===============================================

It was just a simple flight, the sky was clear and the stars were shinning, giving the pilots a nice flight path across the ocean. It was a largely packed flight, with all types of people on it, from many different walks of life. From the nerdy girl who liked Lovecraftian fiction too much, to the Air Marshal, considering retirement, to the office worker planning his next meeting. They each came from different parts of the world, different ways of life, but in the end they would all be the same.

The plane had lost power all of a sudden, falling right out of the sky like a stone dropped from above. The plane wasn't dead though, as the pilots managed to get it working for just long enough to keep it from nose diving right into the side of a mountain. Though it did end up crashing into a forest down below, tearing it to shreds and even splitting the plane in half.

The moment he survivors awaken, there will be no safety, instantly being set upon by the vicious and almost inhuman cannibals on the island, eager to taste outsider flesh yet again and take the females to their caves to sacrifice to their dark gods.

Together the survivors will have to band together and adapt, or they will die. They must become hunters to the cannibals and show them that they must not fear the ancient, Eldritch Gods in th caves they worship, but to instead fear the outsiders who come form the sky.

And perhaps, if the survivors are brave and strong enough, they may venture into the very darkness below the island itself, and put an end ot the evil that has been bringing people to the island for centuries, and stop the endless cycle of feeding and sacrifices.
-----------------------------------------

So if anyone wants to band together and makes this let me know. And if anyone wants to go and pull an Arnold, they can feel free to do so, since its totally appropriate for the situation.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Half of the fun would be making whatever character you want and making them survive, thinking about it you could even play a Yakuza guy who had been surviving on the island after a plane full of drugs went down. (Going by how there is a Yakuza member with a katana in the game, who seems to have put up a good fight before dying as the Canibals built an effigy out of him to mark his passing.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:38:48 AM by Lustful Bride »

Offline TheHangedMan

• Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Forest, (Survival, based off of the game.)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 11:37:39 PM »
This sounds interest. I can't run it, but I'd be willing to play it.

Offline Lustful BrideTopic starter

• "Logic is for Squares."
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: The Forest, (Survival, based off of the game.)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 07:53:06 AM »
This sounds interest. I can't run it, but I'd be willing to play it.

That's fine, we need as many survivors to battle the cannibal hordes as we can get.  :-)