Okay, so we have..
Avorae and Meliai leaning to Thera, Muse undecided, Pretty in Pink leaning Heraclidae, and ESG not yet heard from. I really wanted to wait for them to note a leaning since that could kind of tie everything up and need some talking out over, but I also don't want to have this sit in limbo.
So, for the moment, hash out Theran concepts and if it turns out ESG was also leaning Heraclidae, I doubt we'll be so far into creation that we can't rethink as needs be.
As for creation rules, the extra things you get are...
1) 2 free dots of Quantum. This is because everyone I know otherwise always spends their bonus points on two dots of quantum so as to avoid spending nova points on them, so, honestly, just have two free dots of quantum. Also you cannot spend bonus points on quantum (you can spend nova points if you want that fifth quantum dot at starting).
2) 75 nova points total to spend. I know this seems like a lot, and in a certain way, it is (especially with two free dots of quantum), but the points don't actually go as far as you think they might, especially if you dip into various powers and mega attributes and enhancements. I mean, you can come out quite powerful, but more, say, non omega mutant X-man, than, say, Justice League, if that makes sense.
3) you can get background masteries. Basically, to avoid making people have to read more books, you have a level 5 background, you spend 2 nova points on it, it is now level 6 and extra special grand. You can do this with followers, allies, resources and contacts. If you want some kind of army or cult or horde or something under your personal control, you'll want to do so with followers (you could otherwise just be a rhadamanthine with a lot of backing and thus be able to command legions, but they're not personally yours, them legions).
1) No aggravated damage or armor piercing. All white wolf systems are, let's be real, moderately broken at best, if all the same with a certain amount of character and ability to work and get out of your way. These two extras are mega whoa broken. You may encounter aggravated damage in play. It will be extremely, extremely rare, and a sign of something scary.
2) that's it really. You can use the flaws and strengths system from the player's guide if you want to customize powers, but that doesn't mean I'll automatically say yes if you make some convoluted nightmare that way.