For a long time, I've wanted to play an assassin-type character whose strategy involved sex. Simply put, it's easier to kill people when they're not wearing armor - and sometimes, the best way to separate a knight from their armor is to ask them nicely.
I've had multiple character ideas spin off of this concept, but the one I've settled on is a Kunoichi (female ninja). Kunoichi were traditionally spies, infiltrating enemy estates in order to perform sabotage or gain information - a role which could be expanded to assassination.
The type of game I want to play would involve my PC, a Ninja, at the behest of her lord/clan/whatever, infiltrating some enemy organization (daimyo's estate? Something like that), masquerading as a servant or some other role, to spy on and possibly remove targets - both of which could very easily involve getting into the right people's beds.
There would be little up-front combat, with espionage and politics being the focus. Setting would be at the micro-level - the estate being infiltrated would probably be rather large as far as houses go, but certainly not as large as a city or anything on that level. Something large enough to encompass the game, but small enough to be mapped out (Paint is fine) and have its inhabitants characterized. A possible example would be a 4~5 story building with a central garden, living quarters, and other facilities.
A game like this works better with a small group. I'd be comfortable with one other PC as an accomplice - perhaps a samurai serving at the estate who wishes to defect, or just a fellow-spy, or an enemy-of-an-enemy's spy, or something. My character will be undercover practically all the time, so having someone she can speak freely to is essential
for character development (and also an opportunity for actual romance - I prefer males in this respect but am flexible). The two could work separately and meet to discuss strategy, instead of being attached-at-the-hip like most PC groups are.
Board-wise, it would probably fall under NC Human System Small-Group. One of the tools in the character's toolkit could be aphrodisiacs which qualifies as coercion. On the other side of the coin, if her identity is uncovered, I could see a blackmail scenario unfolding. The rules say to put it under the 'most graphic scene' and that's the most extreme I can imagine it going. Overall the sex would be mostly vanilla.
As for books, the only non-Paizo material I'm wanting to use are some things out of the Book of Erotic Fantasy - none of which involve the Appearance stat, so very easy to port-over. A one-level dip in Rake (if the levels get that high) and a couple of items. The rules for just having sex could also become applicable depending on the situation.
I would want the starting level to be low. 1-2 preferred, but with steady-enough progression that she would feasibly get into the 4-6 range at some point.
I have a sample character sheet made, with assumptions made regarding point buy, etc. It would all be adjusted depending on what kind of character-building rules the GM sets forth. This is just to get an idea of what the character is like.http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=81522
Logic behind item purchases (again, merely to give an understanding of the character's strategic thinking)
- Poisons are her chief tactic. Blowgun would see situational use - the 'ideal' progression of events is to get in bed with them, then draw the poisoned knife hidden in her hair, and make a killing blow. Drow Poison is the go-to for this. Aphrodisiacs and other drugs also make an appearance - she has skills in Craft (Alchemy) and Profession (Herbology) to make everything herself.
- Cypher Book, Invisible Ink, Pet Bird - The bird is a carrier pidgeon to send encrypted messages back and forth to her clan/lord/employer/whatever. Used to give status updates and requisition supplies. Cypher book/invisible ink could double as a secure means of communication between her and the second PC if one joins.
- Lamp Oil, Alchemist's Fire - Corpse destruction. Speak With Dead could blow her cover, and she certainly doesn't want her targets being raised. Burn the body to ashes to prevent these. Could possibly pull this off in a less collateral fashion with acid or something. (speaking of magical countermeasures - it's worth noting that the NPC Adept class doesn't have Detect Poison on their spell list, and Akai wouldn't register an evil aura until level 5. All gear is also kept non-magical for detect magic sweeps)
- Random alchemical stuff that seemed situationally useful. I limited it to things that she could feasibly create herself (within 10 of her craft (alchemy) bonus)
One houserule I would very earnestly ask for is an acceleration of the crafting rules. By RAW it would take her an entire month to make one dose of Drow Poison which is a little ridiculous. I know the Master Alchemist feat exists, but it's outside of the initial level scope for this campaign.What I'm looking for:
- A DM who can create a detailed micro-setting of the estate to be infiltrated - mapping, NPCs, etc
- A second PC to act as an accomplice, confidant, and possible love interest to Akai.
Will edit if I think of more info to add. Please reply if interested in DMing or joining. Thanks!